07-01-09, 01:16 PM   #1
3rexII7
A Kobold Labourer
CBH Viewport add on

I'm having trouble with this addon NOT working. The thing is, I use Curse client to download all my adds, but CBH viewport is not on there neither is it on curse.com. I have to go through a different source and that is where the problem comes in.

The reason why I use curse client is because Winzip is not functioning how it used to. I would download the add (any add) and it will not download the entire folder or show any folders downloaded, instead it'll just download the files itself. Extracting that to my UI -addon folder results in nothing. Even creating a new folder to throw all the files in doesn't work. Curse client eliminates that problem for me, but that specific source doesn't have CBH Viewport. Oddly enough, I used to have my brother download an add I cannot find and burn it on a CD-R for me to copy it onto my hard drive, which works perfectly fine, but that cannot be done atm or anytime soon. Please, if this makes any sense to anybody.. Help me! Thx ahead of time.
07-01-09, 03:28 PM   #2
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by 3rexII7 View Post
I'm having trouble with this addon NOT working.
Have you tried Nefport or Sunn viewport (I forget the exact name for Sunn's, but I know Nefport is a simple 'viewport only' addon that worked last time I needed a viewport).

Not sure if you were asking for an alternative or not, but there's two .
07-01-09, 03:31 PM   #3
ravagernl
Proceritate Corporis
Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Have you tried reinstalling winzip or any other archive programs?

I love 7zip. It is freeware and also supports rar archives.

Last edited by ravagernl : 07-01-09 at 03:34 PM.
07-01-09, 04:25 PM   #4
Katae
A Cobalt Mageweaver
The folder name you create (if the zip doesn't extract with it intact) needs to be exactly the same name as "AddonName".toc or else it wont load.

Also, LitePanels has a viewport feature.

Would be simple as:
Code:
["Character - Realm"]={Viewport={top=0,bottom=0,left=0,right=0}}

Last edited by Katae : 07-01-09 at 04:47 PM.
07-01-09, 07:48 PM   #5
Praesagus
A Theradrim Guardian

There have been many issues with archives lately (not just wow addons). Not sure if this is your problem but if the archive was created with WinZIP 12.1 then you'll need to use version 12.1 to unzip it.

P.S. I only use 7zip on my windows boxes and standard archival apps on m linux systems. I also would recommend that although it may not solve the issue I described above.

Last edited by Praesagus : 07-01-09 at 08:03 PM.
07-01-09, 08:01 PM   #6
Akryn
A Firelord
I second the recommendation of 7zip. Easily the best Windows archive program I've seen.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » CBH Viewport add on