02-20-10, 09:56 PM   #1
Nightmare_Lord
A Cliff Giant

NUI Minimap Quest Objectives Bug?

OK I am using nui 5.06.07 plus and I have always let nui control the minimap, so i started to play on my hunter and pick it up and finish leveling and decided to disable nui control over minimap since it made it easier to remember to change my tracking from mining to what ever since I made a marksmen spec that uses Improved Tracking, so today i got on and grab some quest and notice this bug

when Minimap is back in corner see only 2 quest will show up under qbjectives and other are not showing up (Screenshot 1) but when I let nui take control of minimap again (Screenshot 2) the quest objectives is working again. Never notice this before since this my 1st toon to use the minimap in the default location.

Also I disable nui control so i could see my minimap when I had my focus set on the tank for Misdirection
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Wow 2010-02-20 22-42-26-33.jpg
Views:	1157
Size:	279.6 KB
ID:	3989  Click image for larger version

Name:	Wow 2010-02-20 22-43-06-40.jpg
Views:	1116
Size:	279.1 KB
ID:	3990  

Last edited by Nightmare_Lord : 02-20-10 at 10:01 PM.

02-21-10, 09:15 AM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The Blizzard Quest Objectives display is based on the height of the frame itself. It looks like when we leave blizzard in control of the minimap the height isn't as high as when we take control of the minimap. In either case it could be due to a slight difference in the nUI code in those instances.

I don't usually advertise my own addons but you might want to try out the Scrolling Watch Frame addon I wrote which works with nUI to the point that you can dock the frame inside the infopanel. It also has an expansive scrolling window which allows more quests to be tracked and scrolled through as required. There are also other alternatives which aren't nUI dockable but they are shown on my addon page.

02-21-10, 04:50 PM   #3
Nightmare_Lord
A Cliff Giant

Quest Objectives

your addon sounds nice, might have to do it, not a big fan of having everything in the info panel. Use to have the minimap there and not sick of not being able to see it when I use omen.

Also when I disable nui the quest look like screenshot 2 just they are on the right side under the minimap where Blizz puts them. I also notice with nui control over minimap taken away last night before I log the quest were working again, than when I login today it was doing Screenshot 1 again. hmmm.. dang Blizzard and there bad coding

02-22-10, 01:21 PM   #4
Nightmare_Lord
A Cliff Giant

Scrolling Watch Frame

so I just download Scrolling Watch Frame going to give it a try and see what happens, when i get time

02-22-10, 01:56 PM   #5
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
And if that one doesn't strike your fancy and not wanting everything in the infopanel, you could always try Seerah's quest tracker addon. It's more fancy than mine.

02-22-10, 10:47 PM   #6
Nightmare_Lord
A Cliff Giant

No Luck

no luck man on finding that addon I tried looking under there addon but couldn't find that one, plz post link to it

nvm found it, notice it doesn't work with nui because nui has it own watch frame like, and no matter where I moved the Who Framed Watcher Wabbit? addon ones the objective still stays where I put it for nui, and still only shows 2 quest just like it does in screenshot 1 when I take nui minimap control off. Your addon was cool, but the scroll bar showing up on screen, and it not getting put behind other windows like Npc vendor or my bad made it hard to have to fully out, I like to have all quest I tracking going right down my left side to of course the max I can display at a time.

Scott if you got any idea what going on that would be helpful 2, need nui minimap control off for my hunter so I can use Focus Misdirection and still see my minimap, while having omen and recount in info panel.

Last edited by Nightmare_Lord : 02-23-10 at 01:15 AM.

02-23-10, 05:02 AM   #7
spiel2001
nUI's Author

I'll have a look at it this week. I do see from your screen shots that it is apparently providing different sizes when the minimap controls are off and I *think* I know what the problem is. I'm already planning on putting out another update this week anyway.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

02-23-10, 05:16 AM   #8
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Nightmare_Lord View Post
no luck man on finding that addon I tried looking under there addon but couldn't find that one, plz post link to it

nvm found it, notice it doesn't work with nui because nui has it own watch frame like, and no matter where I moved the Who Framed Watcher Wabbit? addon ones the objective still stays where I put it for nui, and still only shows 2 quest just like it does in screenshot 1 when I take nui minimap control off. Your addon was cool, but the scroll bar showing up on screen, and it not getting put behind other windows like Npc vendor or my bad made it hard to have to fully out, I like to have all quest I tracking going right down my left side to of course the max I can display at a time.

Scott if you got any idea what going on that would be helpful 2, need nui minimap control off for my hunter so I can use Focus Misdirection and still see my minimap, while having omen and recount in info panel.
Ah yes, I forgot nUI users can't use other quest watch addons, hence the one I made. My apologies. You should be able set my addon as high as 800 and as wide as 600 as one of my screenshots shows. But, yes, I usually have my addons make the windows like dialogs and thus more at the front than at the back. I'll try and work something into the next update that will allow users to change the hierarchy of the frame system to allow it to flow into the background.

02-23-10, 12:28 PM   #9
Nightmare_Lord
A Cliff Giant

kk thanks you 2, I like yours but since I have no need for it in the info panel and no need to have in mini, having it fully out just makes it hard to do anything else. only so many places I can move your frame and not have it over NUI hud (I use the default way and have my hp and mana showing along with my target.)

so I can have it to the left or the right, if it to the left it goes over the NPC vendor stuff, and to the right over my bags when they all open.

you 2 keep the good work up

Off topic Scott, my friend found this Diablo theme interface look like Diablo bars and could they work together?
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...p?id=9175#info

he wanting just the orb part but not sure if I could get them 2 look good. We love NUI but he a big fan of Diablo and asked me he should get it.

02-23-10, 01:35 PM   #10
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Okay, looks like I found a nice balance with the hierarchy. It still allows you to scroll through the list if you are over the watch frame even if something is in front of it. Not sure how it will work if another scrollable frame is in front though. Here's a screenshot though.

Until I work it into the next update you can change this yourself quite easily.

File : ScrollFrame.lua
Line : 228

Change that line so that it shows this
c:SetFrameStrata("MEDIUM");
instead of
c:SetFrameStrata("HIGH");
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_022310_193216.jpg
Views:	914
Size:	247.1 KB
ID:	3995  

02-23-10, 10:50 PM   #11
Nightmare_Lord
A Cliff Giant

that cool, but what I was talking about was when something over your addon lets say like that map I can't do anything. like I have you frame out, I open my Backpack and I can't move things in it cuz your frame is not being put to the background of that window. so i have to move it or hit that little arrow and collapse it, just to be able to do it.

not looking to scroll but I looking to be able to still by stuff from the vendor and everything, your addon makes the frame pop over all other windows even if they look like they over you (hit open up my bags, bags show over your addon yes, but your addon keeps me from being able to mouse over a bag item or move that item. Like when i try to do that it like I really clicking on your addon, need to be like default and nui where if something gets open over it the quest gets put under those other windows, another example would be if I open my quest window and it in the spot of your frame your frame keeps me from clicking on the quest from the window.

Just need to have your watch frame go behind all other windows, like like real application do. How if you open lets say 2 wow games in fullscreen by click on it 2 times, one clicked 1st will be under the one clicked 2nd. that how your addon needs to be, allowing use to still use the window above your watch frame.

Originally Posted by Xrystal View Post
Okay, looks like I found a nice balance with the hierarchy. It still allows you to scroll through the list if you are over the watch frame even if something is in front of it. Not sure how it will work if another scrollable frame is in front though. Here's a screenshot though.

Until I work it into the next update you can change this yourself quite easily.

File : ScrollFrame.lua
Line : 228

Change that line so that it shows this
c:SetFrameStrata("MEDIUM");
instead of
c:SetFrameStrata("HIGH");

Last edited by Nightmare_Lord : 02-23-10 at 10:56 PM.

02-23-10, 11:15 PM   #12
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
You did test it with that suggested change I mentioned right ? 'cos with that change in place on my screen the watch frame is behind the bags and the map. I can move the map fine but because the bags and the map do not have a scroll feature it uses the scroll feature from the watch frame.

Not sure what else could be done that isn't done already. I dropped back a layer making that change. I will take a look though to see how blizzard sets their watch frame up strata wise though.

Okay, they use strata set to LOW, so try that and see if that does what you want. It should work like the blizzard watch frame that way. If not then I can't imagine what else needs to be done if that is all Blizzard are doing to make it do that.

02-23-10, 11:17 PM   #13
Nightmare_Lord
A Cliff Giant

kk I try that and if it doesn't help I try and get a screenshot of it so you can see it.

Edit* Took ScreenShot 1 shows your default code

2nd shows with out background and not being able to click on an item in the bag, same as screenshot 1 but big black background is hiding so i can see the screen lol.

3rd one with setting it to Medium, when setting that code to low it works the same as medium right now didn't see a difference.

You did test it with that suggested change I mentioned right ? 'cos with that change in place on my screen the watch frame is behind the bags and the map. I can move the map fine but because the bags and the map do not have a scroll feature it uses the scroll feature from the watch frame.

Not sure what else could be done that isn't done already. I dropped back a layer making that change. I will take a look though to see how blizzard sets their watch frame up strata wise though.

Okay, they use strata set to LOW, so try that and see if that does what you want. It should work like the blizzard watch frame that way. If not then I can't imagine what else needs to be done if that is all Blizzard are doing to make it do that.

Last edited by Nightmare_Lord : 02-23-10 at 11:33 PM.

02-24-10, 04:01 PM   #14
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Ah, thanks for those images.

First off I'm glad that the MEDIUM/LOW options seem to do what you want. I will stick with the default Blizz setting for LOW though just in case.

Secondly, thanks for showing me the effect with background off. I thought I had sorted out the scroll bar effect there but mayhap amongst my other changes prior to uploading it somehow got removed. I will look into a way for that scroll bar to hide but the scrolling still to work but not sure how that will work. Worse case scenario is that the border frame will still exist but will be fully transparent instead of partially.

Thirdly, feel free to offer any other suggestions as most of the functionality in there is based on suggestions and how I personally would like it to work. However, I do not actively play WoW anymore but am able to keep my addons up to date, so the little day to day things may get overlooked ( such as your bag issue ). I generally make sure the addon does what it is supposed to do and sometimes I forget what else may get affected in the long run. So, thanks again for pointing this problem out for me.

02-24-10, 09:30 PM   #15
Nightmare_Lord
A Cliff Giant

Your welcome the bag issues what happens where ever the frame is sitting when its on High, but on Medium/Low it seems to be one with the game like screenshot 3 shows.

I working with the other person addon to get it to take control of nui frame like your does, but so far I like yours better.

First off I'm glad that the MEDIUM/LOW options seem to do what you want. I will stick with the default Blizz setting for LOW though just in case.

Secondly, thanks for showing me the effect with background off. I thought I had sorted out the scroll bar effect there but mayhap amongst my other changes prior to uploading it somehow got removed. I will look into a way for that scroll bar to hide but the scrolling still to work but not sure how that will work. Worse case scenario is that the border frame will still exist but will be fully transparent instead of partially.

Thirdly, feel free to offer any other suggestions as most of the functionality in there is based on suggestions and how I personally would like it to work. However, I do not actively play WoW anymore but am able to keep my addons up to date, so the little day to day things may get overlooked ( such as your bag issue ). I generally make sure the addon does what it is supposed to do and sometimes I forget what else may get affected in the long run. So, thanks again for pointing this problem out for me.

02-25-10, 01:53 AM   #16
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Thank You.

I assume you are trying to get Seerah's addon to work with nUI's control of the watch frame ? After she creates her copy of the watch frame something like the following needs to be used to reparent the watchframe after making nUI relinquish control of it. The first two lines may be all you need to add with the rest somewhere in their code already in some form or another so it may take some finding.

Code:
             nUI_Movers:lockFrame( WatchFrame, false, nil ); 
	nUI_Options.movedWatchFrame = true;

local f = WatchFrame;

f:ClearAllPoints();
	f:SetClampedToScreen( false );
	f:SetParent(parent);
	f:SetWidth( parent:GetWidth() - 27.5 );
	f:SetPoint( "TOPLEFT", 27.5, 0 );
	f:SetPoint( "BOTTOMRIGHT", 0, 0 );

-- We don't want it to be altered once we have done our thing to it
	f.ClearAllPoints = function() end;
	f.SetPoint = function() end;
	f.SetAllPoints = function() end;

02-25-10, 02:32 AM   #17
Nightmare_Lord
A Cliff Giant

yeah that looks nice, but really you does what I need it 2 do,

once you get that scroll bar to hide or like make a command to make it do what /swf background does, and make it only show up when there more quest/lines needed that the size of the frame.

example if you set its height and it only big enough to hold 5 quest with out needing to scroll and adding a 6th makes it scroll, that when the scroll bar comes out of hiding, scroll is cool just the bottom part of it (end of scroll bar) real problem is the end of the scroll bar that just sticks out on the screen where ever you put it and since I like it on the left more have it to like /swf height 700 makes the end of the scroll bar cover a buff (using nui aura buff plugin) when I get lot, like it can if I have 10 buffs per row like buff 6 gets covered, and making the frame bigger /swf height 750 put the end of the scroll bar over a nui left action button.

don't know if you know Visual Basic but if you do and know ListBox, you know how when you add more item than the size of the list box a scroll bar is auto add? maybe you can do that kinda thing for the watchframe scrollbar,

if Quest > than Height of Watch Frame then
Scrollbar.Visible = True
Else
Scrollbar. Visible = False
End If

*that something I would do like using a <, > , = operator to makes something visible or non visible. Of course not a code I know for sure can be done like that for wow* just hope that might help clearly any confusing you have on what I am trying to say lol.

Thank You.

I assume you are trying to get Seerah's addon to work with nUI's control of the watch frame ? After she creates her copy of the watch frame something like the following needs to be used to reparent the watchframe after making nUI relinquish control of it. The first two lines may be all you need to add with the rest somewhere in their code already in some form or another so it may take some finding.

Code:
             nUI_Movers:lockFrame( WatchFrame, false, nil ); 
	nUI_Options.movedWatchFrame = true;

local f = WatchFrame;

f:ClearAllPoints();
	f:SetClampedToScreen( false );
	f:SetParent(parent);
	f:SetWidth( parent:GetWidth() - 27.5 );
	f:SetPoint( "TOPLEFT", 27.5, 0 );
	f:SetPoint( "BOTTOMRIGHT", 0, 0 );

-- We don't want it to be altered once we have done our thing to it
	f.ClearAllPoints = function() end;
	f.SetPoint = function() end;
	f.SetAllPoints = function() end;

02-25-10, 09:42 AM   #18
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Yeah it works kinda the same way in lua. But I am not sure the functionality is hidden as well. So if I hide the scroll bar it might stop the scrolling.

However, the scrollbar is linked to the scroll frame size and not the main frame itself. You can have the main frame any size you like ( within reason ) and scroll to access the other watchable quests. That was the whole reason for this addon, to allow the frame to be resizeable for visible decision but allow more than 2 or 3 quests to be tracked as required by users.

Try playing with /swf scroll x as well /swf height x and see the result there. I think if the scroll height is smaller than the frame height the bar will automatically disappear otherwise it will stay there.

Edit 1 : Actually, just looked at my code and it seems I have already added a test in there to hide the scrollbar if there is nothing to scroll, as in the scroll height is less than the frame height.

-- If the Scroll Size is less than the frame itself then hide the scrollbar as there is nothing to scroll
Code:
	if ( addonData["ScrollFrame"].ScrollSize > addonData["Frames"].SWF_WatchFrame:GetHeight() ) then
		addonData["Frames"].SWF_WatchFrame.ScrollBar:Show();
	else
		addonData["Frames"].SWF_WatchFrame.ScrollBar:Hide();
	end
Edit 2: Also, despite several placements of the following code it still reverts back to containing a scrollbar for some reason. Perhaps default functionality for the scrollframe template * shrugs *. But I can tell you that at the points where it does work the scrolling still works so it is feasibly possible. I just can't figure out which areas I have missed if it is indeed somewhere in my code that is overriding it. Hopefully during the course of the next update changes I'll track down the spots I need to add it to, to work.

Code:
	if ( not addonData["ScrollFrame"].BackGround.Enabled ) then
		f.ScrollBar:Hide();
	end

Last edited by Xrystal : 02-25-10 at 10:10 AM.

02-25-10, 11:04 AM   #19
spiel2001
nUI's Author

You might be able to work around the issue by making the scroll bar transparent [ SetAlpha(0) ] that way it isn't shown, but it's still active.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

02-25-10, 12:34 PM   #20
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
That might be the easiest solution. Add an option to have a transparent scroll bar and not worry about it at all rofl.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Customization » nUI: Plugin Support » NUI Minimap Quest Objectives Bug?