03-22-05, 02:16 PM   #1
tralkar
An Onyxian Warder

new toc number

whats the new toc nomber going to be, someone said it was 1300? not sure if hes right and would like to find out before changing them all.
03-22-05, 02:23 PM   #2
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
You shouldn't change any of them. You should do this (<== link) instead.
03-22-05, 02:33 PM   #3
Gello
A Molten Giant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
It does appear to be 1300, despite the number on the login screen saying 4284. The number in the patch.mpq Interface\FrameXML\FrameXML.toc says 1300.

Mods with 1300 .toc number show as current, those with 4284 show as out of date.

But fortunately it's not as crucial to change it right away.
03-22-05, 02:33 PM   #4
greyhelm
A Defias Bandit
just tried 1300 and it seemed to work great!
03-22-05, 02:35 PM   #5
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
*bangs her head against her desk, repeatedly*
03-22-05, 02:40 PM   #6
Remelio

Again, I would like to recommend that you do not change the toc numbers of your files and instead just use the options provided for you in game to fix it instead... not only that but its easier. The reason for this is because when you change the toc numbers on your files, as people patch their mods you can't tell which mods you have still need to be updated. This is especally important if about 4 hours into playing you start getting errors all over your screen for no reason at all. There were several changes made to the interface with this patch, so therefore there is a good possibility of a mod getting broken or needing to be changed.

Just something to be aware of. There is a method to our madness Of course its always your choice as to which method to use, but again, we strongly recommend just using the in-game Add-Ons button to fix your ui temporarily instead of changing the actual ui files themselves.

Last edited by Remelio : 03-22-05 at 02:43 PM.
03-22-05, 02:46 PM   #7
MNoggle
A Kobold Labourer
Uh....the only box I have there is a box to check whether to load out of date add ons or not.....looks like this patch changed that box. At least for me it did.
03-22-05, 02:55 PM   #8
Remelio

Yeah, they changed the wording of a few things and added in some confirmation boxes to make the process a bit easier. I'd pull the exact info from the Blizzard thread, but at the moment it looks as if a million subscribers have all decended on the Blizzard forums at once

Basically thats the same old checkbox, but with a different label. Also, from memory, on the next patch you will get a confirmation box stating that some of your interface files may be out of date.. do you want to load them anyway? Just say yes and it'll load them up.
03-22-05, 03:57 PM   #9
greyhelm
A Defias Bandit
uh, that would probably be correct, if I wasnt talking about changing the version numbers on my OWN addons that I make... I dont think everyone that downloads my AddOns would like to see "Version Mismatch" on a newly updated mod.
03-22-05, 04:00 PM   #10
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
True enough. Didn't know you were talking about mods you had created though. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » new toc number