06-11-18, 07:16 PM   #1
vbalbert
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Various issues with Carbonite

I'm having several issues with Carbonite and with all these issues I thought I'd put them all in one post.

1) The objective is not listed in the database. This happens in all areas regardless of expansion level. For instance, today I got this questing in The Badlands doing "All's Fair in Love, War, and Archaeology".

2) Incorrect quest destinations. Example: "Into the Dragon's Mouth" sends me to where Rhea used to be in Lethlor Ravine when she is, in fact, in Dragon's Mouth (note that this is an Alliance quest.) The quest itself says that she's no longer in Lethlor Ravine.

3) Incorrect quest destinations two: I find that Carbonite sometimes ponts to quest destinations for Horde rather than Alliance locations. For example, with the quest "The Venerable Doctor Blam" Carbonite wants to send me to New Kargath.

4) I often have to reload the interface in order for the Carbonite quest list to update properly, often when problem 1 occurs, but not always.

My addons are listed below. I'm including version numbers but I use Twitch/Curse to keep my addons up to date and it's saying that all my addons are up to date:

Addon Control Panel 3.4.39
Altoholic 7.3.001
Archy 7.3.2.1
Auctioneer Suite 7.6 Test Release - r5
Bagnon 7.3.2
Bagnon ItemLevel 1.0.15-Release
Carbonite Maps v 7.3.0b-53-g6642311-alpha
Carbonite Notes 7.3
Carbonite Quests 7.3
Deadly Boss Mods 7.3.30 (and all its modules, all up to date)
Fishing Buddy 1.8.4.9
GatherMate2_Data - Carbonite Edition 30.2
GTFO 4.45.3
HandyNotes v1.4.15
HandyNotes - Broken Shore v1.24
HandyNotes - Suramar and Shal'Aran Telemancy v1.16
HandyNotes _Argus 0.26.5
HandyNotes_DungeonLocations 1.30
HandyNotes_LegionRares&Treasures v1.01b
HandyNotes: Legion Treasures v12
LiteMount 7.3.21
Pawn 2.2.18
Skada Damage Meter 1.7.2
VuhDo v3.92 (Disabled via Addon Control Panel)
06-11-18, 07:18 PM   #2
vbalbert
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
One More Problem

Often auto-accept quests do not appear on the Carbonite quest list. I have to go into the quest log and select the quest to appear.
06-12-18, 07:37 AM   #3
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Try shutting off all your other addons and see how it works. You could have a conflict with another addon and that's the only way to tell. No need to uninstall them, just make sure you uncheck them on your character select screen. Another problem could be that you have the wrong version installed. Get the latest version from GitHub. And uninstall the version you have installed before you install the new one. Overwriting COULD cause weird problems of its own.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!
06-12-18, 01:02 PM   #4
vbalbert
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Before I drive myself crazy with disabling all my addons and then adding them back one by one (especially since a lot of the problems are intermittent), I thought I'd give the GitHub downloads a try. The question comes up with how to install the different downloads. The README.MD file doesn't give any information. Now I know that addons go in the World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns folder but what folder names should I use? Do I put all the additional stuff in the same folder as Carbonite or do they go in their own separate folders?
06-12-18, 01:04 PM   #5
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/f..._howto_install
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

06-12-18, 02:05 PM   #6
vbalbert
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Thanks for the help. It should be noted that zip files from GitHub create folders that end in -Carbonite. The instructions don't mention this, but the -Carbonite ending needs to be removed for them to work properly, at least that's the experience I had.
06-12-18, 04:48 PM   #7
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Look at the folder structure that's already in your Addons folder. As far as I know (after all, it's been almost 2 year's since I have had a computer) you have to download each individual module from GitHub now, so, do each module individually. Download the module, unzip it, delete the module in the Addons folder, move the new module to take its' place. After you're done, fire up WoW and test. Hopefully, Carbonite works OK.

You don't have to worry about your settings, either, as they're kept in the WTF folder.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

Last edited by jeffy162 : 06-12-18 at 05:18 PM. Reason: more blah blah blah.
06-13-18, 09:37 AM   #8
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by vbalbert View Post
Before I drive myself crazy with disabling all my addons and then adding them back one by one (especially since a lot of the problems are intermittent), I thought I'd give the GitHub downloads a try. The question comes up with how to install the different downloads. The README.MD file doesn't give any information. Now I know that addons go in the World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns folder but what folder names should I use? Do I put all the additional stuff in the same folder as Carbonite or do they go in their own separate folders?
Just use Curse/Twitch client and set Carbonite Maps + all modules to alpha version.

Curse/Twitch alpha version = Github version.
06-14-18, 12:20 PM   #9
vbalbert
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
Try shutting off all your other addons and see how it works. You could have a conflict with another addon and that's the only way to tell. No need to uninstall them, just make sure you uncheck them on your character select screen. Another problem could be that you have the wrong version installed. Get the latest version from GitHub. And uninstall the version you have installed before you install the new one. Overwriting COULD cause weird problems of its own.
I've encountered the "The objective is not in the database" error again, but this has a bit of a twist. I disabled all my addons and enabled just Carbonite Maps and Carbonite Quest and it still happens. Specifically the quest is "Plan B" (http://www.wowhead.com/quest=11658/plan-b). There are two parts to the quest, getting 10 Warsong outfits and 1 Warsong banner. If I select the outfits nothing is wrong, but if I select the banner I get the error message.
06-16-18, 12:28 PM   #10
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by vbalbert View Post
I've encountered the "The objective is not in the database" error again, but this has a bit of a twist. I disabled all my addons and enabled just Carbonite Maps and Carbonite Quest and it still happens. Specifically the quest is "Plan B" (http://www.wowhead.com/quest=11658/plan-b). There are two parts to the quest, getting 10 Warsong outfits and 1 Warsong banner. If I select the outfits nothing is wrong, but if I select the banner I get the error message.
You should know why it happens:
1) carbonite quest database is scrapped from wowhead
2) if some quest doesnt exist carbonite quest db it tires to use fallback function that tries to use information from wow api (not all information is available in there)

And now this quest as u can see here http://www.wowhead.com/quest=11658/plan-b has two objectives but only one is showed on map so only this one objective is available.

Always first check wowhead db and look at the map to verify information. If wowhead leaks some information or this info is bad there in carbonite u will see the same.

Last edited by ircdirk : 06-16-18 at 12:51 PM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite: Quests Module » Various issues with Carbonite