10-03-17, 11:54 AM   #1
myrroddin
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
GIMP blp plugin install help

I found a .blp Script-Fu plugin for The GIMP that supposedly adds import support, but I've never tried to install plugins to GIMP.

http://gimper.net/resources/blizzard-blp-importer.41/

I unzipped the contents then moved the entire set of files (not the folder, just the files) into
C:\users\myName\.gimp-2.8\scripts
Now what? I've tried Googling for how to use the plugin to no success. Yes, I exited GIMP and restarted it but all the instructions said something about using it in the GIMP menu –– which menu? How? Where?

I've tried opening some .blp files and GIMP says they are unrecognized and now I am officially stuck! Do I also need a plugin to run Script-Fu? I genuinely have no idea and am a total noob at this.

Step by step instructions for a dummy (me) would be greatly appreciated, thank you!
10-03-17, 03:49 PM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I don't know if this will help, but, there is a page about using Script-Fu (with GIMP) on the GIMP site.

https://www.gimp.org/docs/scheme_plu...t-fu-gimp.html

Unfortunately I didn't read it. It's all Greek (not really, but that's the expression) to me. I really do not understand it.

Edit/
Well, I went back and read over it and it doesn't really seem to tell you anything about installing the script. So - I looked into it further and found this bit:

https://www.gimp.org/tutorials/Asset_Folders/

I hope I'm helping.

/Edit

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

Last edited by jeffy162 : 10-05-17 at 10:13 AM. Reason: more blah blah blah. and maybe some useful information.
10-04-17, 11:56 AM   #3
myrroddin
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Thanks Jeffy. Now my head hurts.
10-05-17, 09:40 AM   #4
Resike
A Pyroguard Emberseer
XnView can open/play/convert/support every media type that exists even AutoCAD files. Just convert it to targa with it.
10-11-17, 03:38 PM   #5
myrroddin
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Resike View Post
XnView can open/play/convert/support every media type that exists even AutoCAD files. Just convert it to targa with it.
Sorry for the late reply. Thank you Resike, that was just what the doctor ordered!
02-04-19, 02:43 AM   #6
Taraezor
A Fallenroot Satyr

Mac too

I know this is a massive necro but it will solve an issue for sure:

Apple OSX (i.e. Mac computers) have fewer choices usually but I can confirm that the combination of XnViewMP and GIMP work exceedingly well.

A bonus for me is that I use both Mac and PC so the menus etc are all the same. That familiar user interface is a godsend when you have a foot in both camps.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Graphics Help » GIMP blp plugin install help