09-04-19, 08:57 AM   #1
Prudentstag
A Murloc Raider
Hide World Map Player Arrow

Hello all,

I'm looking for a way to hide the player arrow on the world map (And the little ping that pops up when you open the map)

I've tried a few scripts that don't seem to work anymore:

WorldMapUnitPositionFrame:SetAlpha(0),

as well as,

WorldMapPlayerLower:Hide() and WorldMapPlayerUpper:Hide()

I like to get really immersed so I keep the Minimap hidden (I use a basic compass instead) and find the quest based on the instructions the NPCs give me.

In this case, I'm trying to make the map work more like a real map, where I can't see a gps location of where my character is. Then I can get a lay of the land and look for landmarks, rivers, and roads without breaking the immersion.

I've done my best to search google as well as this site so I apologize in advance if this isn't possible or has already been asked. Thank you kindly!
09-05-19, 11:36 AM   #2
Prudentstag
A Murloc Raider
Found a way to hide the map ping

As an update, I found a way to hide the map ping that pops up when you open the world map.

I used this addon:

https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addon...map-ping-hider

Now I just need to figure out how to hide the player arrow
09-08-19, 05:13 PM   #3
Prudentstag
A Murloc Raider
Mapster Kind of Works

As an update, I was able to use the Mapster addon to change the scale of the player arrow to 0%. The author set the minimum to 50% but I went into the lua file and made it lower.

This basically does what I want but if anyone knows a simple script to hide the player arrow on the world map I'd much prefer to do that rather than have a whole addon installed (Where I'm only using a tiny part of it)

Maybe I can look through Mapster to figure out how they are making changes to the player arrow at all.

Thanks in advance if anyone more experienced can help

And thanks to the creator of Mapster and the little addon that hides the player ping on the map as well
09-16-19, 06:37 PM   #4
Cyrille
A Kobold Labourer
Possible Solution (Works on classic, can't test on retail)

I was looking for the same thing you were when I found this thread. Thanks for posting a link to that addon otherwise I had no idea where to start on this.

For a quick fix drop my 2 attachments into the WorldMapPingHider addon folder and overwrite core.lua. The image is just a blank transparent picture to replace the arrow marker with. The change in core was changing
Code:
hooksecurefunc(UnitPositionFrame, "StartPlayerPing", function(self, arg1, arg2)
	self:StopPlayerPing()
end)
to
Code:
hooksecurefunc(UnitPositionFrame, "StartPlayerPing", function(self, arg1, arg2)
	self:StopPlayerPing()
	self:SetPinTexture("player", "Interface\\AddOns\\WorldMapPingHider\\Invisible")
end)
I'm sure there's a better way to do it besides replacing the image but it's worked fine the past 2 hours I've used it.

Edit: Replaced the image since it was 256KB. I ran into an issue where the image didn't load properly and it turned into a green square. Hoping this fixed it
Attached Files
File Type: lua core.lua (939 Bytes, 234 views)
File Type: tga Invisible.tga (49 Bytes, 233 views)

Last edited by Cyrille : 09-16-19 at 07:41 PM.
10-17-19, 02:37 AM   #5
OlafVeshchiy
A Kobold Labourer
Thank you very mutch! I founded this 30-40 days

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Hide World Map Player Arrow