10-16-19, 05:25 AM   #1
parsec
A Defias Bandit
Helping with the quest DB - Classic

Alright, so i just came to the WoW a week ago since i decided to explore the classic world. I found this addon and noticed that many quests are missing or have garbled up objectives. Id like to help with fixing this.

Ive never written any lua but it doesnt seem too hard. Id just need a heads up on where to begin, who to talk to to push the finished stuff and so on and so forth.
10-16-19, 05:36 AM   #2
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by parsec View Post
Alright, so i just came to the WoW a week ago since i decided to explore the classic world. I found this addon and noticed that many quests are missing or have garbled up objectives. Id like to help with fixing this.

Ive never written any lua but it doesnt seem too hard. Id just need a heads up on where to begin, who to talk to to push the finished stuff and so on and so forth.
Im already working on new version of Quest DB for Classic Quest module. Should be more accurate.

As to reporting wrong quest data and submiting corrected, it isnt so easy as u think. Problems are quest blobs which are hard to make by your self even if you know lua.

I have no time to do some kind of page for submiting quest data... Maybe some day.

Thanks for the willingness.
10-17-19, 09:09 AM   #3
parsec
A Defias Bandit
Alright, i understand that quest blobs can be a pain in the back. But there are numerous quests that have a singular target that are not in the DB. Maybe i could help there?
10-18-19, 01:17 AM   #4
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by parsec View Post
Alright, i understand that quest blobs can be a pain in the back. But there are numerous quests that have a singular target that are not in the DB. Maybe i could help there?
They are not if u got special function for it As to fixing quest DB, ill make update in 7-14 days, then we can talk about making fixes to it
11-21-19, 10:58 AM   #5
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

On GitHub repository of Carbonite Classic u can download latest update to Carbonite Classic.

Quest Database updated from new data source, its joined with old data source. Now quests should be more accurate, of course not 100% but this should much be better. This needs testing.

Please can any one check on Alliance side how it works.

Last edited by ircdirk : 11-21-19 at 11:25 AM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite: Quests Module » Helping with the quest DB - Classic