02-07-07, 01:46 PM   #21
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by pokyoky
Thanks,
I changed that to large but thought that was only for the chat font, i am talking about the whole ui, everything else is at smallest possible ui scale

But i will play with that some more when i get home
Read the FAQ.

02-07-07, 01:48 PM   #22
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by daxs
I apologize if this is listed somewhere, but I didn't see it in the FAQs or any of the other posts.

What I would like to do is install this mod on a "test" basis. But I'm afraid if I install it, all my old settings will be wiped out and I will be forced to re-set up everything in case I don't like mazzleUI(macros, other addons, keybindings, etc).

To do this should I just make a copy of my WTF or settings folder somewhere before I install mazzleUI then just uninstall and repaste that folder back if I don't like it?

Again, I hate to post what seems like a question that was already addressed, but I just don't see this question addressed anywhere.

Thanks

P.S. Should I also remove all my old addons before installing too?
There's a document called "Install Instructions (READ AND PRINT).txt" including in the download. It gives you a painfully detailed answer to every question you just asked. It's also on my portal.

02-07-07, 01:57 PM   #23
Draynr
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Mazzlefizz
DAB had something called control boxes. They were basically little buttons you can use to run scripts to do things like choose which page to use in your bars. I used them in previous layouts to do the Offensive/Healing, Fire/Frost, etc type buttons.

The bad news is that Bongos doesn't have any such buttons. The good news is that most layouts still have those extra pages of skills so you can swap between those modes. You just have to do it in a different way.

To do it in this version of the UI, you'll need to use the normal WoW mechanisms to switch pages. By default, you can use shift-mousewheel, shift-uparrow or shift-downarrow to change pages. You can also make binding to go to a specific page. I think all of these bindings are in the Action Bar section of key bindings.

A couple notes.
  • Hunters can no longer automatically switch between ranged and melee pages based on distance to the target. As a result, I added a binding to let them do it faster, namely the "F" key.
  • I think I took out the extra pages on the priest layout. There was a bug before that I thought was caused by it, but I think I was wrong. I'll probably re-add it when I do the button review to add BC spells.
  • Most of this information is available in either the release notes or the FAQ. But the release notes for this version are extremely long, so I suppose I shouldn't expect a super-close reading of it.
Thanks a ton Mazzle!

02-07-07, 02:09 PM   #24
daxs
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by meio
The installation instructions should be able help you out. =P
Maybe I'm missing something here, but the only installation instructions I can find are the generic addon installation instructions found here...

http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/f..._howto_install

...those don't help me at all, I know how to extract files into an addon folder.

If you could point me to the installation instructions you are referring to, I would be very appreciative.

Thanks

EDIT: Just read mazzle's reply, ignore the previous part of this post.

I'm at work and cant DL anything to read the instructions. Are they posted somewhere online?

Last edited by daxs : 02-07-07 at 02:12 PM.

02-07-07, 02:15 PM   #25
meio
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Originally Posted by daxs
Maybe I'm missing something here, but the only installation instructions I can find are the generic addon installation instructions found here...

http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/f..._howto_install

...those don't help me at all, I know how to extract files into an addon folder.

If you could point me to the installation instructions you are referring to, I would be very appreciative.

Thanks

EDIT: Just read mazzle's reply, ignore the previous part of this post.

I'm at work and cant DL anything to read the instructions. Are they posted somewhere online?
At MazzleUI's home http://mazzlefizz.wowinterface.com there's a link on the left hand side.

02-07-07, 02:36 PM   #26
urofseron
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I installed and set up on my lock, looks great!

My only issue so far is that some of my soul shards appear in my backpack now, not in my SS bag. No biggie, but when I try to move them into the SS bag, I get an error message "This item does not belong in that container" or something like that.

I even tried moving them into a different bag, still the same message.

Any ideas?

02-07-07, 02:42 PM   #27
Robert Burke
A Defias Bandit
I'm having the same problem with my shard bags as well.

02-07-07, 02:42 PM   #28
jeegro
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Mazzlefizz
Read the FAQ.
This answer is in the FAQ, however things DO seem really small, and when I change from Full screen to windowed (mac) things get put out of place. Is there any way to make everything larger short of remapping the positions of every element?

1440x900 (1.66 ratio) on a Macbook Pro

02-07-07, 02:56 PM   #29
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by jeegro
This answer is in the FAQ, however things DO seem really small, and when I change from Full screen to windowed (mac) things get put out of place. Is there any way to make everything larger short of remapping the positions of every element?

1440x900 (1.66 ratio) on a Macbook Pro
There are FAQ entries that describe font size, general font scaling, UI scale and whether you need to remap positions of every element.

02-07-07, 03:07 PM   #30
Dorlas
A Murloc Raider
hello

for beginn sorry for my bad english

I have ja question, I want to move the minimap on the right site
can i make it ?

This is the best ui ever

mfg

Dorlas

02-07-07, 03:09 PM   #31
daxs
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by meio
At MazzleUI's home http://mazzlefizz.wowinterface.com there's a link on the left hand side.
Knew I had to be missing it somewhere, sorry to waste your time

Thanks for waving it under my nose

02-07-07, 03:22 PM   #32
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Dorlas
I have ja question, I want to move the minimap on the right site can i make it ?
No, you cannot easily do that.

02-07-07, 03:30 PM   #33
Radge
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by raznarbe
One thing that I can't seem to find in the faq or instructions is how to get rid of that bar on the far right of the screen that seems to show everything equiped. I'm not quite sure as to what mod or add-on that even is. thanks
Its Itemrack (or some variation). Allows you to swap equipped items quickly. Haven't found the button to switch whole "sets" on the fly yet though.

02-07-07, 03:39 PM   #34
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Radge
Its Itemrack (or some variation). Allows you to swap equipped items quickly. Haven't found the button to switch whole "sets" on the fly yet though.
You can access ItemRack sets and settings from its FuBar entry.

02-07-07, 04:19 PM   #35
Timbercat
A Kobold Labourer
Originally Posted by urofseron
I installed and set up on my lock, looks great!

My only issue so far is that some of my soul shards appear in my backpack now, not in my SS bag. No biggie, but when I try to move them into the SS bag, I get an error message "This item does not belong in that container" or something like that.

I even tried moving them into a different bag, still the same message.

Any ideas?

Having the same problem also

02-07-07, 04:28 PM   #36
Pudie
A Murloc Raider
not to sound like an idiot, but where are the FAQs? The link on the main page says they arent up yet.

02-07-07, 04:30 PM   #37
mfrnka
Premium Member
There is an extensive in-game help and FAQ system for the entire MazzleUI. Try clicking the 'M' button on the lower right hand side of the UI. Then try the 'help' button on the screen which pops up.

02-07-07, 04:31 PM   #38
meio
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Originally Posted by Pudie
not to sound like an idiot, but where are the FAQs? The link on the main page says they arent up yet.
In-game, click on the MazzleUI button to bring up the options/help system. I don't believe there's an online version of the faq.

02-07-07, 04:34 PM   #39
mfrnka
Premium Member
I am looking for the proper way to change the rogue stealth button key binding. It was pretty early when I got to play with the UI this morning, but I don't think I saw it listed in the Bliz or Bongos keybindings.

Did I miss it?

02-07-07, 04:39 PM   #40
Fact
A Defias Bandit
Bongo's problems?

Great UI, im boggled at the amount of features you squezed just one question,

When i try to add more buttons to bongos bars, resize them change columns etc, all the bars snap back to the original locatons that the ui had them at, is this a option im not turning off or is it a bug?

Not a major major deal just tedious for making adjustments to the bars

thanks for your help in advance

Fact

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » OLD Support Thread (Ask questions here!) OLD