02-06-07, 02:39 AM   #1
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
OLD Feature Requests and All Other Suggestions OLD

Please be precise and constructive in your suggestions.

02-07-07, 03:33 PM   #2
Lethalweapon
A Cyclonian
#1: Wow instant messenger (WIM) very nice I think it would be a great addition to the addon compilation.
#2: Possible for the hunter set ZHUNTER maybe find a way to fit it in somewhere this would also free up the targeting buttons that are set to the trap bar. (f1,f2,f3,f4).

02-07-07, 03:48 PM   #3
Moontayle
A Murloc Raider
If I may offer a suggestion in regards to bag management. I'm sure Baggins is wonderful but I found it to be a bit more than what I was looking for. Something inbetween that and the default bags. OneBag/Onebank offers just this. Maybe add this in as a middle ground?

Also, if you do add OneBag/Onebank, please add in Mr. Plow. I find this a highly useful Ace2 mod for cleaning up my bag space and it works both with the default bag UI and OneBag.

I've already added both of these and at the moment they do not cause any problems with Mazzle UI.

02-07-07, 04:03 PM   #4
joypunk
A Scalebane Royal Guard
The "all in one bag" was a hotly debated issue in the beta. Originally Mazzle didn't even want one. Quite a few testers really liked them and kept on adding them on their own, so Mazzle finally added one. Baggins was the decided on compromise because it is an Ace2 addon (which is a big plus for any addon). Also, from what I know, OneBag/Bank are memory hungry addons (which is frowned upon in MazzleUI).

Please feel free to make arguments for or against specific "all in one bag" addons, though. If there's enough demand for something other than Baggins, I'm sure the topic can be revisted.

02-07-07, 04:40 PM   #5
mfrnka
Premium Member
I have not done before-n-after memory testing of onebag/onebank, but have been very happy with them - Ace2 and generally very stable. I had used them with 0.75 and will certainly be adding them to my 1.0 MazzleUI install.

02-07-07, 06:26 PM   #6
Kamishimi
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Originally Posted by Moontayle
If I may offer a suggestion in regards to bag management. I'm sure Baggins is wonderful but I found it to be a bit more than what I was looking for. Something inbetween that and the default bags. OneBag/Onebank offers just this. Maybe add this in as a middle ground?

Also, if you do add OneBag/Onebank, please add in Mr. Plow. I find this a highly useful Ace2 mod for cleaning up my bag space and it works both with the default bag UI and OneBag.

I've already added both of these and at the moment they do not cause any problems with Mazzle UI.
Remember also that while suggestions to improve MazzleUI are, I'm sure, always welcome, no one compilation or solution will fit the exact idiosyncrasies of every person. If you find that you like something like OneBag and Mr. Plow rather than the bag solution provided in MazzleUI, it's always fine to just use them in conjunction with the other addons of MazzleUI and simply turn Baggins off during Mazzification. I know I do this for things like to casting bar and the player buffs, just because I prefer something that (while not a big change) is a little different than the given alternatives in MazzleUI.

By the way, this suggestion should be filed under "AddOn and Settings Suggestions." Watch out, or Mazzle might catch you!

@Below player....Remove the Mazzlegasm?

/gasp

MazzleUI v1.0 Coming Soon to an Interface Near You!
http://mazzlefizz.wowinterface.com/

Last edited by Kamishimi : 02-07-07 at 06:37 PM.

02-07-07, 09:55 PM   #7
Durzil
A Scalebane Royal Guard

JINX PINCH POKE YOU BOTH OWE ME A COKE ROFL on a more serious note talk about responce time
Give Locks Green Fire!!!

02-07-07, 10:03 PM   #8
coniferous
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

I double posted this in the release thread because I'm a moron. Sorry.

-----------------------------------------------

Wow mazzle, this was worth every second of the wait! congratz!

A couple suggestions:

on the druid layout, the damage keys should all be put on the bottom right bar (or top, doesn't matter) but having moonfire and wrath away from insect swarm and star fire confused me, i think i may of hit tranq sometime accidentally.

also, clique seems to have some issues with the drop down box templates. i couldn't get them to work, as soon as i put my own key bindings in it worked just fine. i read up on stuff and couldn't find anything.. but i could be very well missing something.

I would also check and see if the user has enchanting before putting on the "disenchants into:" mod - its not hard to turn off, but it could also but put into the mazzify options

I love xcalc. Please leave it. Pwetty pweeze?

Also, you sig still says in closed beta.

02-07-07, 10:32 PM   #9
joypunk
A Scalebane Royal Guard
Originally Posted by coniferous
I love xcalc. Please leave it. Pwetty pweeze?
XCalc is in the UI. It shares the bottom right hotspot with ItemSync.

02-07-07, 10:40 PM   #10
Thernen
A Fallenroot Satyr
Addons

I would like to request that Monkey Quest is replaced. I like EQL3 but that is me.

Also I would like to see Auctioneer added and QuestAnnoncer.

Thernen

02-07-07, 10:45 PM   #11
joypunk
A Scalebane Royal Guard
Originally Posted by Thernen
I would like to request that Monkey Quest is replaced. I like EQL3 but that is me.

Thernen
Can you be more specific? Why do you want MQ replaced? Why is EQL3 better?

It is doubtful Auctioneer will ever be added. It is a very memory hungry addon. At one point in the beta we did have some auction scanning addons, but they had some issues (I think they stopped being developed) and were removed. Auctioneer is not an option. You are free to add it in yourself, though. From my experience it works flawlessly just by dropping it in.

Same thing with QuestAnnouncer as EQL3... what is it? Why do you like it? Why should it be added?

02-07-07, 10:45 PM   #12
Kamishimi
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Originally Posted by Thernen

Thernen

I believe Auctioneer was removed because of issues with its memory and processing usage, but Mazzle might clarify that a bit.

Also, you'll have to make a more persuasive argument about why you want MonkeyQuest replaced for another alternative than "I want it replaced." Oh, and you'll want to make that suggestion over in the Addon and Settings Suggestions thread. Try to include likely alternatives and a good reason why it should be replaced, if you really want to see it replaced that badly.

Edit: Joypunk copied me and did some voodoo to get his post above mine. True story.

MazzleUI v1.0 Coming Soon to an Interface Near You!
http://mazzlefizz.wowinterface.com/

02-07-07, 11:39 PM   #13
coniferous
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by joypunk
XCalc is in the UI. It shares the bottom right hotspot with ItemSync.
the only reason i mentioned it was because she was contemplating removing it in one of the changelogs.

02-07-07, 11:41 PM   #14
joypunk
A Scalebane Royal Guard
Ahh, well. We convinced him to keep it. It's not going anywhere... the beta testers love it, too!

02-07-07, 11:51 PM   #15
coniferous
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by joypunk
Ahh, well. We convinced him to keep it. It's not going anywhere... the beta testers love it, too!
I never have to alt tab any more. I love it.

<3 Mazzle ui.
<3 Mazzle

Oh, and <3 the beta testers too. thanks for all the hard work

/goes back on topic.

02-07-07, 11:53 PM   #16
coniferous
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by Mazzlefizz

If that one time also really bothers you, jump on the tram or walk away from people when you want to reconfigure.
Lol, i thought the mazzlegasm was hilarious.

Mind you not everyone will like everything, so why try to please them?

02-08-07, 03:08 AM   #17
murloc303
A Kobold Labourer
group calender

LUV ya work mazzie, just wondering if any chance of group calender will be put in at a future date.

02-08-07, 03:21 AM   #18
marc31
A Murloc Raider
Thumbs up Shammy mod addition

Greetings Mazzle and Beta Testers,

First as many others have already done i wish to congratulate you on a job well done. The UI is incredible.

Now to my suggestion or rather query if I am made a mistake in the setup. Prior to your UI i was simply using a collage of mods, one of which was chronometer and antagonist. I personally have not found any use for witchhunt as i believe your UI dishes out plenty of combat information already. However, in my previous dealings with Chronometer it tracked the totems I placed and was accurate so long as the totems where not destroyed by totemic recall.

I noticed in the UI, totems are no longer clocked at all by chronometer (guessing this is part of the modifications done by your team???) Don't get me wrong i am glad it does not track them as it was not accurate to begin with. Anyhow, last night I downloaded a mod called TotemTimers from this website. I must say the mod fits nicely into the look and style of your UI. I dont believe it uses too much memory either. On top of that the mod is of the many totem timer mods i have tested quite accurate as it does account for totemic recall. The mod indicates what totems are up as icons with timers below the totem and warns when one is about to be destroyed. Only problem i encounter while using it is since the mod uses a manual interface /tt to access the menu, whenever i do this i get someother element coming up which keeps me from accessing the mod. Is there some other mod then that uses /tt?

For shammies that mod would be a nice addition to the already ankhtimerFu mod in the UI.

I have a question about the configuration which i will post in a different thread.

Cheers again for the UI, found it to be far better than the jungle of mods i was putting together.

[Edit]: Forgot to mention I also plugged in windfuryFu mod as well and that fits nicely in the UI...just another mod that would be great for class specific mods for any upcoming additions to the UI layout.

Last edited by marc31 : 02-08-07 at 05:38 AM.

02-08-07, 03:46 AM   #19
Seraph787
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Trinity Bars instead of Bongos

I do recall this being brought up once before. The use of Trinity Bars instead of Bongos.

While I was once a huge fan of Bongos, telling everyone to use it, I have found Trinity Bars to be far far better imho. Have you considered reassessing the usage of Trinity Bars in any future editions of Mazzle?

02-08-07, 05:43 AM   #20
ewschone
A Murloc Raider

The buffs / debuffs are a little hard to read atm, I added Buffalo to the set and set it up in the right upper corner, looks pretty good as well and it's easier on the eyes than the small icons above your avatar.

Also didnt like the skinned castbar and replaced it by oCB from the wowace site, but thats just a matter of personal preference .

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » OLD Feature Requests and All Other Suggestions OLD