12-14-20, 01:49 PM   #1
Renalaide
A Defias Bandit
Addon that shares info with guildmates with the same addon

Hi, I don't know if an addon like this exists, or if this is the best place to look or request it.

Mainly, I'm looking for an addon like this so that if a pug ruins a m+ key, or is a headache-inducing player, guild members can add them (name-realm) to a list so if they apply to another guild member's key, said other guild member can hover over their name and have a little tooltip just saying something like "Guildmembername has placed on a warning list for the following reason: 'Bruh this guy pulled the whole ass room and left'."

I know my guild primarily runs keys with each other, but there are still some off-nights where someone needs a healer and they've all spontaneously combust. And while the chances of pug applying for someone else's key that you know are slim, it's a lot more for peace of mind I guess.

Like, how you can /ignore player-realm (or right click on their name for that option), maybe something like /badkey player-realm "Bruh this guy pulled the whole ass room and left" (or right click for that same option)

And I like the note and showing which guild member it came from as part of it
12-15-20, 04:17 PM   #2
Teelo
A Defias Bandit
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
What you want is a blacklist addon, and I'm fairly sure every attempt to make such an addon has gotten the addon banned.
12-15-20, 06:44 PM   #3
JDoubleU00
A Firelord

Originally Posted by Teelo View Post
What you want is a blacklist addon, and I'm fairly sure every attempt to make such an addon has gotten the addon banned.
I'm not sure about a guild blacklist addon, but there are personal blacklist addons out there.

https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addon...hsofVBZ_PTNJvh
12-15-20, 11:20 PM   #4
Renalaide
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Teelo View Post
How come the addons wind up banned?
12-16-20, 07:56 AM   #5
Kanegasi
A Molten Giant

Blizzard doesn't like a playerbase-run method of excluding players. Such a method will never be perfect and would require an immense amount of work to verify. Raider.io gets similar requests all the time. You're welcome to make your own and keep it within your guild or community, but the larger it gets, the more likely something will change to prevent it from working. Vast majority of add-on authors will also reject that idea as well.
12-21-20, 07:16 PM   #6
DahkCeles
A Cliff Giant

Let anyone in the guild edit their guild note, to insert the name-server of a non-guild-member they enjoyed running with. If you have space, you can insert additional ones separated by commas.

Now your addon just adds a thumbs-up symbol to any group that is led by a non-guildie who has been recommended. A way to pass on the favourable rating, that is entirely player-led (you choose who you put in your note) and by its nature no data ever leaves the game (ie, no saved variables) nor travels to another guild.

Also, it just feels better to give thumbs up than have an addon for excluding people! No attempt is made at exclusion, and there is no risk of the addon being misused in such a way because it lacks the means to do so.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Addon that shares info with guildmates with the same addon