01-21-10, 04:10 AM   #1
nightcracker
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
ncError whitelist request

Hi all!
Some of you know my addon ncError, some of you don't. It basicly hides all error message in the UIErrorsFrame(note, ERRORS, it will leave notifications like quest progress) on a whitelist basis. Currently the default whitelist only contains the "Inventory is full." message. I'm sure there are more error messages out there that you'd always want to show. So please post them here!
01-21-10, 07:17 AM   #2
Ferous
Sheer Sense of Doom
http://www.wowwiki.com/WoW_Constants/Errors

edit - I hope you enjoy :O

Last edited by Ferous : 01-21-10 at 07:20 AM.
01-21-10, 07:26 AM   #3
nightcracker
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Ferous View Post
Big list is big. :P
01-21-10, 07:30 AM   #4
Ferous
Sheer Sense of Doom
Originally Posted by nightcracker View Post
Big list is big. :P
I know! I didn't know if you wanted that list or if you just wanted examples of what people wanted to see.

Personally, I like to show stuff like, mining/herbing skills
01-21-10, 01:15 PM   #5
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
I think seeing those messages is very important. "Out of range" and "Not enough mana/etc." are two good examples. Instead of blindly button mashing, you know what's happening in the fight around you and can make educated choices on what skills to use.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

01-21-10, 01:32 PM   #6
nightcracker
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
I think seeing those messages is very important. "Out of range" and "Not enough mana/etc." are two good examples. Instead of blindly button mashing, you know what's happening in the fight around you and can make educated choices on what skills to use.
I use (my own addon, does the same thing) something similar to redrange for that. I prefer to hide those messages EXCEPT the ones I want to see. And if you're in the situation "WTF, why can't I do that?" then I've added the /error command printing the last error. But I believe there are people out there that like the UIErrorsFrame.
01-21-10, 04:28 PM   #7
Ferous
Sheer Sense of Doom
Originally Posted by nightcracker View Post
I use (my own addon, does the same thing) something similar to redrange for that. I prefer to hide those messages EXCEPT the ones I want to see. And if you're in the situation "WTF, why can't I do that?" then I've added the /error command printing the last error. But I believe there are people out there that like the UIErrorsFrame.
This is why I use your Error addon. I like to hide ALL my errors and if I want to know something, as to WHY I can't do anything (ingame WTF?!) I can type /error

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » ncError whitelist request