04-08-08, 12:36 PM   #1
ReverendD
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Chat - Alt names in guild chat

Does anyone remember the addon that would place a toons main name in ( ) next to their name when logged in as an alt?

I know its out there somewhere, but for the life of me I can't find it and can't recall the name. I just know I am searching for the wrong terms.

Thanx guys.
04-08-08, 01:00 PM   #2
erica647
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Prat can do that... not sure of any others.
04-08-08, 01:02 PM   #3
ReverendD

I actually just moved away from Prat due to issues I have had with it recently. I liked it, but it was actually overkill for my uses.

I know there was an addon pre2.3 though that did just the Alt name in chat. I think it could be used also for people in your friends list, but I do not recall. I might look into Prat again though. Thanx.
04-08-08, 01:03 PM   #4
robthedude
Don't Panic

Well, there's Identity, which adds your main's name to anything you say in guild chat
or
there's Prat, with which you can set up main names for everyone, and it'll display them whenever they say anything.

The downside with the prat solution is only you see the names
The downside with the Identity solution is convincing all your guildies to use it

04-08-08, 01:19 PM   #5
Fashionabull
A Cliff Giant

You can try GuildGreet at Curse, it includes that as a feature

http://www.curse.com/downloads/details/7529/
04-08-08, 01:24 PM   #6
ReverendD

Originally Posted by Fashionabull View Post
You can try GuildGreet at Curse, it includes that as a feature

http://www.curse.com/downloads/details/7529/
Its not the one I recall, but defiantely has everything I want. Thanks Fashion. I shall try it out.
04-08-08, 01:34 PM   #7
Aethra
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Originally Posted by ReverendD View Post
Does anyone remember the addon that would place a toons main name in ( ) next to their name when logged in as an alt?
The guild I'm in is quite large and our forums are a very large part of things. In our guild, all members get their forum name as their guild note. Too keep things simple, one of our members whipped up a mod to make keeping track of people easier.

http://www.theamazonbasin.com/wow/fo...howtopic=21067

The download and ReadMe are both available in this thread.
04-08-08, 04:25 PM   #8
Cralor
Mmm... cookies!!!

Aethra, I have tried this out and it looks good, but it isn't working for me.

I made Custom Note as the top priority, have guild chat enabled, and made my custom note and i don't see anything next to me name.

Is there anything you can do to help or is it best to post at your Guild Site?

thanks
04-08-08, 04:43 PM   #9
ReverendD

Originally Posted by Aethra View Post
The guild I'm in is quite large and our forums are a very large part of things. In our guild, all members get their forum name as their guild note. Too keep things simple, one of our members whipped up a mod to make keeping track of people easier.

http://www.theamazonbasin.com/wow/fo...howtopic=21067

The download and ReadMe are both available in this thread.
I am going to try this out tonight myself, before I try Guild Greet. Thanx Aethra.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Chat - Alt names in guild chat