08-06-10, 01:22 AM   #21
Vlad
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by IQgryn View Post
I'm getting this in reverse -- usually no enemies have nameplates, occasionally one will.
"/console bloattest 1" fixed the problem, they did something last patch to the nameplates.

08-06-10, 06:45 PM   #22
IQgryn
A Cyclonian
Originally Posted by Vladinator View Post
"/console bloattest 1" fixed the problem, they did something last patch to the nameplates.
Unfortunately, this (I also tried 0) didn't change anything for me.

10-14-10, 04:55 AM   #23
zork
A Pyroguard Emberseer

So now that patch 4.0.1 is on live...problem still exists.

Any other hint other than doing "/console bloattest 1"?

"I wonder what the non-pathetic people are doing tonight?" - Rajesh Koothrappali (The Big Bang Theory)

10-14-10, 10:28 PM   #24
ComputerNerd
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Unfortunatly not, because with the absence of a blue post stating otherwise, the same advice is the only solution offered on the official forums.
"They are looking into it" is all we are getting from blizzard so far on the issue, so that is currently all we have.

10-22-10, 02:12 AM   #25
zork
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I'm back on this topic because it just pisses me off that my nameplates do not work correctly.

I have a question on that topic. Basically hooking wow widgets and the threat texture.

I'm hooking the SetVertexColor widget for the threat region of the nameplate. But the function does not fire at all. But if I update the frame via onUpdate and print out the vertexcolor applied to the threatregion via "print(threatRegion:GetVertexColor())" I can see that it changes if I gain or loose threat. Just the hook doesn't fire. :/

If I call SetVertexColor in the function myself the hook fires correctly. How the heck is this possible? Can the vertexcolor of a texture be changed without SetVertexColor beiing used? I don't want to create an onUpdate script just to track the threat status this is dumb. :/

"I wonder what the non-pathetic people are doing tonight?" - Rajesh Koothrappali (The Big Bang Theory)

Last edited by zork : 10-22-10 at 02:17 AM.

10-22-10, 11:42 AM   #26
Dawn
A Molten Giant

The whole nameplate randomly hiding issue seems to be related to the new "spread nameplates" feature. I do believe this because there are the following console commands that can "fix" the oddly behaviour.

1) /console bloattest 1
2) /console spreadnameplates 0

If you only use #1 you will end up with literally bloated plates, but they hide/show correctly. If you also use #2, there won't be much of a difference. BUT when I did this:

/console bloattest 1
/console spreadnameplates 0
/console bloattest 0

Everything was working again, no bloated plates, hiding/showing correctly. However I had no time to "stress test" it.

Edit: It's broken again after a relog, though.... D'OH! It's possible to repeat the process on each login ...

Edit2: The behaviour seems completely erratic, after login/relog/zoning and repeating the procedure, mentioned above. Sometimes it works fine, most of the time it doesn't. -.-

"neeh the game wont be remembered as the game who made blizz the most money, it will be remembered as the game who had the most QQ'ers that just couldnt quit the game for some reason..."

Last edited by Dawn : 10-22-10 at 12:17 PM.

10-22-10, 01:14 PM   #27
zork
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I finally made a breakthrough. I'm currently making the best Blizzard apepted nameplates ever seen!

10-22-10, 02:37 PM   #28
Joevluls
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I look forward to seeing what else you cook up, zork.

Does anyone know the difference between 'bloatthreat' and 'bloatnameplates'? I've not actually been able to get them to do anything yet...

10-23-10, 02:52 PM   #29
zork
A Pyroguard Emberseer

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...ameplates.html

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Cataclysm Beta » New nameplate cvars!