09-15-10, 05:20 AM   #1
Taoth
A Fallenroot Satyr
LF Author to update a mod for Cataclysm

Hey all, going into Cataclysm there aren't a whole lot of addons I use, and most are getting updates from their original authors, however of all the addons I use this one is one of the few that is actually important to my gameplay, as I hide my bound action bars.

The addon is called Cooldown Buttons, and what it does is provides non-clickable icons for cooldowns that can be placed anywhere on your screen, scaled, individually, etc. I love it because I absolutely hate those bar mods that are constantly cycling and are arbitrarily large. Icon and number is all I need, and being able to individually position the icons helps alot in not having to look at a whole bar of spells, of which theres probably only a couple CDs to look at.

The problem is of course, that this addon has not been updated since December of 2008, and the author is unresponsive. It has still worked throughout Wrath (though it can't track Wind Shear after it was split from shocks >.<), but is broken on the PTR and thus for Cataclysm as well.

There is no other addon i've found anywhere that does what it does.

The addon link here on WoWInterface is:
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...wnButtons.html

I do hope someone can pick this awesome addon up and keep it updated for Cataclysm.
09-15-10, 05:41 AM   #2
Nobgul
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I will look at it, Got a ton of my own addons to fix and such, But this looks like it may be nice for my druid to use 0_o.
09-24-10, 12:53 AM   #3
Xubera
A Cobalt Mageweaver

if it helps, you can set up Power Auras Classic this way

you can set it up to use a custom image provided by the addon, or the icon image, adjust its scaling, positioning, and determine if its shown when its available or when its on cooldown, even replace a hidden icon on cooldown with a timer till it comes back up. Power Auras Classic is very flexible. Blizzard actually implemented a version of power auras in their default UI for cata
09-24-10, 01:09 AM   #4
Coote
A Scalebane Royal Guard

vlakCooldowns is another addon you might be interested that does pretty much the exact same thing as CooldownButtons. It's config is Lua only, and it's quite easy to add in abilities/items if they're not already included.

I assume vlakarados will keep it updated given the date of the last update to it, and if not, I'd probably fix it for Cata myself, since it's one of my favorites.

*waves at Xub*

"This is the fifteen-thousandth four hundredth and ninety-eighth occurence".
09-24-10, 01:38 AM   #5
Xubera
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Originally Posted by TMcMahon51 View Post

*waves at Xub*
*waves back*

▲ ▲ WoWInterface wont let me triforce >.>
09-24-10, 02:01 PM   #6
Taoth
A Fallenroot Satyr
I actually looked at vlakcooldowns and it didn't do what I wanted, which is what led to the post. When I tried it, the bar was locked to the screen with no movable anchor point, but more importantly, it was a solid bar for the cooldowns where they would all add onto that section, instead of individually being able to move buttons around.

I'll put a screenshot up of my cds to show an example in attachments, but text wise imagine say Shamanistic Rage down in the bottom right and then Spirit Wolves in the upper right of your screen. CDB can do this for every single spell with a CD that your class has. That is primarily the function i'm looking for, the customizable locations of the icon cds, so I pretty much build my own display that I always look to to know if something is on/off cd, compared to one location of lots of moving icons.

I never thought about jury rigging up Power Auras Classic to handle cooldowns, I use it to monitor other things but it is good to know that it is at least an option for last resort.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cds.jpg
Views:	720
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	4859  
09-24-10, 02:37 PM   #7
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

The one I made is working fine in beta, SpellWatchLite.

I should probably change the name since the full SpellWatch was a 5 year project that never got fully released because of the amount of work I had to do just to keep the override data up-to-date. ...and the cooldown portion of it did something entirely different than what SpellWatchLite does.

Just load it out of date or update the .toc to version 40000.
09-24-10, 06:39 PM   #8
Taoth
A Fallenroot Satyr
Adding CD numbers on the default bars/buttons, like what OmniCC does, is not what is desired, nor is it what CDB does.
10-13-10, 08:32 PM   #9
Taoth
A Fallenroot Satyr
Anyone else interested in updating this addon?

I just found out today that the first reply to this thread that was initially going to take a look at it, decided not to pursue updating.
10-13-10, 09:09 PM   #10
brotherhobbes
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard
looks like someone is already fixing this for 4.0.1, here's a link -> http://www.wowinterface.com/download...omniccFIX.html
10-13-10, 10:24 PM   #11
Taoth
A Fallenroot Satyr
Cool, i didn't think to look in the comments to see if that author was actually making the entire thing working, as the one he did was a 3.3.5 fix for omnicc.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » LF Author to update a mod for Cataclysm