11-24-06, 04:55 PM   #1
Tenge
A Murloc Raider
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Visor2 (Ace2)

Hello folks.

Edit: interface is up now, so I guess this post is a bit redundant, but eh.
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...fo.php?id=6307

-----

There was little interested expressed within the Ace community for converting Visor from Ace to Ace2. As a long-time fan of this AddOn, that news didn't bode well for the upcoming Expansion. I've also been longing to ditch the old Ace libraries, since all of my other Ace'd mods are using Ace2 now.

So - I took it upon myself to make this conversion. This is my first experience with LUA/AddOn programming, and this version is the very first to be released, so consider it to be an "alpha".

What this version of Visor contains:

This first release includes all of the functionality that I, personally, used from Visor. This includes: frame movement, frame scaling, frame alpha/hide/show, parenting, frame strata/level. This AddOn can be seen as an Ace2'd, lightweight version of MoveAnything or DiscordFrameModifier. There is a bit of a learning curve, but I've included more help within the AddOn itself compared to the earlier versions of Visor, where one had to research the commands on various Web sites.

Future Additions:

I'm hoping to increase the power of the "Frame Finder" functionality. Right now, this is identical to the original Visor, and is rather limited. It will only find top-level frames and not child frames that are deeply nested. For example, the Minimap is a conglomerate of many many frames. Currently the Frame Finder feature will only "find" the main MiniMap frame itself. I'd like to borrow some of Lozareth's ideas from DFM to provide the user with a more complete list of child frames, so they can pick one and assign it by name.

There are a few features from the original Visor which this version lacks. These deal mainly with frame textures, backdrops and button text. I may or may not look into adding these at a later date, based on feedback.

A GUI of some sort. Right now, this is command-line only. With the additional help details that I've included, the command line options should be more approachable than before. Since this is my first AddOn, the prospect of adding a GUI is still a bit daunting for me. But it's something that I will explore down the road.

A FuBar plugin/button/etc.

Final Notes

This version is able to mimic all of the features that I used from the old Visor. If you download this and give it a spin, and find that the old Visor did something you loved that this one does not, I'll take it into consideration.

Last edited by Tenge : 11-24-06 at 11:01 PM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Visor2 (Ace2)