07-01-18, 01:38 PM   #1
elals29
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Thumbs up AddOnChat-Message-Hider replacement

I was wondering if anyone knew of a more updated version an addon that does the same as the one listed below. I mean I think it still works ok, but I still have to have add-ons that are congruent with the current patch.

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...ider.html#info
07-01-18, 01:52 PM   #2
Ammako
A Frostmaul Preserver
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Does it throw any errors or do anything incorrectly?
07-01-18, 02:12 PM   #3
elals29
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Originally Posted by Ammako View Post
Does it throw any errors or do anything incorrectly?
not that I am aware of. I'm just kinda OCD about keeping everything update
07-01-18, 02:35 PM   #4
myrroddin
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by elals29 View Post
not that I am aware of. I'm just kinda OCD about keeping everything update
OCD aside, don't worry about it. Several authors of multiple addons don't flag their addons as compatible with the current version of the game. This is because all the "fix" does is a exactly that: a flag. In this case, the line below in the .toc file is the only thing needing to be changed.
Lua Code:
  1. ## Interface: 70300
The downside to a user opening the file in any text editor to make the change is that if the addon is officially updated with changes, bugfixes, updated localizations, code updates, etc, is that automatic updaters like the Curse App, Minion, TukUI Client, and others, may not recognize the addon anymore, and won't automatically update.

It is up to you, but that's the fix, unless something breaks. Your results and mileage may vary, and there are no guarantees.
07-01-18, 02:43 PM   #5
elals29
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Originally Posted by myrroddin View Post
OCD aside, don't worry about it. Several authors of multiple addons don't flag their addons as compatible with the current version of the game. This is because all the "fix" does is a exactly that: a flag. In this case, the line below in the .toc file is the only thing needing to be changed.
Lua Code:
  1. ## Interface: 70300
The downside to a user opening the file in any text editor to make the change is that if the addon is officially updated with changes, bugfixes, updated localizations, code updates, etc, is that automatic updaters like the Curse App, Minion, TukUI Client, and others, may not recognize the addon anymore, and won't automatically update.

It is up to you, but that's the fix, unless something breaks. Your results and mileage may vary, and there are no guarantees.

ok ty. i have been knowing how to do what you said for years.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » AddOnChat-Message-Hider replacement