01-18-10, 05:11 PM   #1
saphirre12
A Fallenroot Satyr
Blizzard Objective Tracker

Is there a way to resize this because it only shows / tracks 2 out of many quests ?

If not , any recommend addon that can do the job better
01-18-10, 05:28 PM   #2
Landrell
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Well, if you just want to resize it, then Move Anything would be your tool. But if you want a completely different tracker, then Quest Helper might do the trick as well.

Fear my Aim, for it be True, Swfit, and Deadly!
01-18-10, 07:03 PM   #3
ffxiedyn
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

MoveAnything, while does offer an option to re-size and move the tracker, once you actually re-size it, then its broken, it will no longer track more then 2 quests at any given time.

Personally, i have yet to find a stand alone add-on to do just the re-size or moving of this frame, w/o breaking it.

hopefully a coder can tackle this soon, as the default is very very small ; ;
01-18-10, 10:18 PM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
If it's only showing 2 of your quests, then I'm assuming that you already have something (a script of your own or an addon) moving it, but not making sure its height gets reset.

WatchFrame:SetHeight(x)

where x is the number in pixels that you want it (400 or 500 should be good).
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

01-19-10, 04:01 PM   #5
ffxiedyn
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Not sure what you mean Seerah, as i only tried MoveAnything to move and resize the tracker.

I have no script or addon doing anything to the tracker at all, before or after trying MoveAnything.

When MoveAnything failed to work, I simply uninstalled it, and am using the default Blizzard tracker again.
01-19-10, 04:54 PM   #6
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Well, something is messing with your default tracker then, because, as you said, it's only displaying two quests.

The tracker has a default height of 140. However, it actually is rendered larger because its height on screen is determined by two anchor points. One for its top-right and one for its bottom-right. If ClearAllPoints() is called on the tracker, and only one anchor point reapplied (as all the scripts and addons I've seen floating around here will do, as well as something like MoveAnything), then the tracker is set to its default height of 140 (only large enough for 2 +/- quests).
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

01-20-10, 01:21 AM   #7
ffxiedyn
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

lol ok?

then my point still stands, MoveAnything breaks the tracker if you use it to resize it.

altho i understand you know how to fix it, i do not, even after reading that you do LOL!

could you please point me to an addon that will actually resize the tracker correctly, Seerah?

thanks!
01-20-10, 02:19 AM   #8
Amethyst
A Fallenroot Satyr

I think the point is that there aren't any convenient mods out there that will do what you want.

I have exactly the same problem and just made a macro that does:

Code:
/script WatchFrame:SetHeight(300)
01-20-10, 05:21 AM   #9
ffxiedyn
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

so that script will resize the tracker making the font larger and easier to read?
01-20-10, 12:55 PM   #10
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
@ffxiedyn:

1. my second reply in this thread was for the OP, not you. When you replied the way you did, you made me confuse you with the OP, hence the 3rd reply.

2. I did give a way to fix it, in my first response in the thread. (the same as Amethyst's)

3. No, it only changes the height of the frame so you can see more quests. If you want to scale the whole frame larger, you need to use WatchFrame:SetScale(x) (where x is the value you wish the scale to be. 1=100%, 1.5=150%, etc.)

01-20-10, 08:05 PM   #11
ffxiedyn
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

thanks, seerah. Do i just type that in when i play wow, or do i have to put it in an addon somewhere?
01-20-10, 08:41 PM   #12
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Originally Posted by Amethyst View Post
a macro that does:

Code:
/script WatchFrame:SetHeight(300)

01-20-10, 09:40 PM   #13
Sythalin
Curse staff

Where in the Blizz UI folders is the data for the tracker? Or is it in the UI dev pack that I've been too lazy to dl? CFM has been having issues because a bunch of events seem to keep resetting it's position that I need to compensate for.
01-20-10, 09:42 PM   #14
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Originally Posted by ChaosInc View Post
Where in the Blizz UI folders is the data for the tracker? Or is it in the UI dev pack that I've been too lazy to dl? CFM has been having issues because a bunch of events seem to keep resetting it's position that I need to compensate for.
There is a WatchFrame.lua file if I remember rightly.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Blizzard Objective Tracker