01-22-16, 03:26 PM   #1
Nimhfree
A Frostmaul Preserver
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
How to detect a boosted character?

I would like to be able to know that a character has been boosted vice leveling in any other manner. At the moment the only technique that I can find is to check whether specific quests are completed:
Code:
40416 Tracking Quest
40417 To Tanaan!    (probably Horde only)
40418 To Tanaan!    (probably Alliance only)
I have verified with a boosted Horde that all three are flagged completed:
Code:
/run print(IsQuestFlaggedCompleted(40416))
/run print(IsQuestFlaggedCompleted(40417))
/run print(IsQuestFlaggedCompleted(40418))
I have also verified with an Alliance that was not boosted that none are flagged completed.

I am assuming any boosted to level 100 character will have all these set to true as long as they have not dropped the To Tanaan! quest immediately. In the case of dropping the quest, I do not know what happens, but I am guessing the appropriate garrison quest will be made available to continue with the Tanaan quests:
Code:
38567 Garrison Campaign: War Council    (Horde)
38253 Garrison Campaign: War Council    (Alliance)
For verification, can some people test the following scenarios:

A. Someone with an Alliance character boosted to 100 already starting the Tanaan quests, check the completion status of the three quests above 40416, 40417 and 40418. I believe they should all return true.

B. Someone who has boosted any character to 100, check the status of the three quests above BEFORE completing To Tanaan!. I hope the only one that is true is 40416, and the other two false until To Tanaan! is done.

C. For those who like to take risks, and who has a boosted character to 100, drop To Tanaan! to see whether the Garrison Campaign: War Council quest becomes available, or whether there is another way to get To Tanaan! again.

Thanks.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » How to detect a boosted character?