04-29-09, 01:36 PM   #1
oimmuk
An Aku'mai Servant
Umm...is it ready yet?

I really hate to ask this but I cannot seem to find it to try it out only the old one which to me is a PITA to use. I may be jumping the gun here and it may not be available to us yet but I really am anxious to try it.
04-29-09, 02:13 PM   #2
Spectro
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

If it was ready there would be an announcement.
04-29-09, 02:19 PM   #3
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
We will most definitely let everyone know when it is ready for the open beta testing.
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti
04-29-09, 04:55 PM   #4
attackfrog
A Murloc Raider
Just found this forum and things are looking good. As the Curse updater is now pretty much useless to me, I can't wait until this is released! I always liked Wowinterface better anyways
04-30-09, 12:51 PM   #5
Penguar
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Cairenn View Post
We will most definitely let everyone know when it is ready for the open beta testing.
You might want to try to release it very soon. Curse just started charging $2.5 a month (or more with less than a year subscription) for the privledge of updating addons from authors who dont work for them. Even though they bombard you with ads on the free version, it has no autoupdate capabilities and forces you to update one addon at a time. Pathetic.

So now is your chance, considering they just started doing it, to take over their userbase from people that are unhappy (and there are a lot of us). Release it now, even though not quite ready, and let the user community work with you. I suspect all of us will be patient (less some).

Michael
04-30-09, 01:28 PM   #6
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
Releasing it when its not ready would be very bad. It would get labeled as a piece of junk forever. Even when the bugs are fixed. Just like when an MMO releases too early.
04-30-09, 01:31 PM   #7
Penguar
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
Releasing it when its not ready would be very bad. It would get labeled as a piece of junk forever. Even when the bugs are fixed. Just like when an MMO releases too early.

That is what beta is about - releasing software that isnt quite ready. It depends on how not ready - but beta is beta and considering the state of most addons and limitatinos and problems, I suspect this community would accept a few features being worked on or disabled initially. I know I would, and I am software engineer and long time software developer.

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Minion » Archive » Umm...is it ready yet?