12-04-15, 06:14 PM   #1
MunkDev
A Scalebane Royal Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Futuristic class colored design

Some time ago I designed some edgefiles and backdrops for the lulz. Was browsing through the interface files and in BlizzardInterfaceArt\Interface\TALENTFRAME there's a low opacity art piece for every spec in the game. I've looked everywhere but could not find what these are used for, if at all?
So I decided to have some fun with it and I kinda liked the result. Can you guess the spec?

12-04-15, 06:50 PM   #2
Ketho
A Pyroguard Emberseer

That's a lot of eye for detail, it sure looks nice

I have a hard time guessing which specs they are though :s
12-05-15, 06:19 AM   #3
MunkDev
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Originally Posted by Ketho View Post
That's a lot of eye for detail, it sure looks nice

I have a hard time guessing which specs they are though :s
The graphics are actually pretty simple. It's all a white template colored by RAID_CLASS_COLORS, but I do keep a table of references to the spec graphics, because some of them are not named after the actual spec. For example Windwalker is called "battledancer" in the files.
12-08-15, 07:19 AM   #4
saxitoxin
A Theradrim Guardian

Pretty please

Could you please post the code for just the frame?
I guess alot of people will find it very usefull as it looks incredible nice

Also you posted this frame on another thread and some models, how did you get the shades on those models? PS or ingame command

PS: how is the Diablo 3 bag going? Abandoned?
12-08-15, 05:45 PM   #5
MunkDev
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Originally Posted by saxitoxin View Post
Could you please post the code for just the frame?
I guess alot of people will find it very usefull as it looks incredible nice

Also you posted this frame on another thread and some models, how did you get the shades on those models? PS or ingame command

PS: how is the Diablo 3 bag going? Abandoned?
Sure, I'll post it tomorrow. The lighting was done in-game by using class colored effects. These kinds of effects became possible with the changes to lighting in WoD. I used an update script and the mouse cursor to change the relative positioning of the light source and moved it around to achieve that effect. I don't think the functions I used are documented, but I think I have a slight idea of what I did to pull that off.

Diablo bag thing is not something I'm currently working on. I have some ideas for a cool inventory addon but that will have to wait until Legion comes out. It will probably be more towards Warcraft in terms of art, but I wrote a huge ass table of texture coordinates for drawing all the smaller textures in the Diablo thing, which I'm not going to dismiss altogether.
12-08-15, 06:00 PM   #6
saxitoxin
A Theradrim Guardian

Originally Posted by MunkDev View Post
Sure, I'll post it tomorrow. The lighting was done in-game by using class colored effects. These kinds of effects became possible with the changes to lighting in WoD. I used an update script and the mouse cursor to change the relative positioning of the light source and moved it around to achieve that effect. I don't think the functions I used are documented, but I think I have a slight idea of what I did to pull that off.

Diablo bag thing is not something I'm currently working on. I have some ideas for a cool inventory addon but that will have to wait until Legion comes out. It will probably be more towards Warcraft in terms of art, but I wrote a huge ass table of texture coordinates for drawing all the smaller textures in the Diablo thing, which I'm not going to dismiss altogether.
Thank you for answer, and thank you so much for releasing the code

The lighting thing sounds really impressive! now I want that too
but how did you get the light source, is there no code for that?

sorry for going off topic

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » UI Screenshots, Feedback and Design Discussion » Futuristic class colored design