11-06-10, 12:36 AM   #1
Gendou
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Lightbulb [Suggestion] Flight Path Questing Option

In regards to the "it's not a bug it's a feature" nature of my complaint, I was wondering if there might not be a way to set Carbonite to use flight paths if the direct path would take more than 2 minutes or if the destination is within 100 yards of a flightpoint.

While it might technically be faster to fly directly from Howling Fjord to the Argent Tournament directly via my mount, it's incredibly inconvenient to do so, and the constant suggestion by Carbonite that I take the direct route between two flight paths (it NEVER suggests flight paths anymore, ever) has me turning off the quest arrow for the most part.

Pre-4.0.1, it did generally suggest the flight path over direct flying (regardless of whether I have epic flying or no), to the point that I would sometimes ignore it and fly directly... and midway through that flight, the arrow would switch targets from the FP behind me to the location ahead of me. Now, it never suggests flightpaths (again, regardless of flight speed) - it just makes a direct connection between two points with no consideration for terrain or other issues.

I understand that not everyone will feel the same way I do about flight points, which is why it might be a selectable option of some kind.

Thanks again for your great addon!

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » [Suggestion] Flight Path Questing Option