10-16-10, 11:25 AM   #1
kylejdb
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

modular carbonite

is there any chance to see this? i really really really love the map but dont really care for all the other helper stuff. i like the default blizzard ui (flame away! :P) and i dont want my quests handed to me. and carbonites ui is just too drab for my tastes. anyways modular would be pretty sweet i think! :P.. i have no idea what kind of work would need to go into it.. but i'd be willing to make another donation if i ever see it happen

10-16-10, 11:44 AM   #2
Haavok
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
This is something we’ve discussed in the past and I’m sure we will revisit this topic again. Unfortunately it would be a significant time investment and that is a very scarce commodity these days. I think we will add this as a voting option on our donations page and go from there.

10-16-10, 12:08 PM   #3
kylejdb
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

fair enough. thanks for the reply haavok!

11-06-10, 12:48 AM   #4
Gendou
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

I know this is a "wishful thinking for when we have time (HA HA!) in the future option, but I'd like to second this.
There are a lot of features of Carbonite that I don't really use (tracking other people, warehouse/bank data, etc) that I would love to disable completely (as opposed to merely turning off their display) just to save overhead.

Nine times out of ten, I despise an all-in-one solution due to the larger amounts of memory they use. However, in the case of Carbonite I make an exception simply because it is just so freaking awesome. /sigh

11-06-10, 06:07 AM   #5
Jigain
A Molten Giant

Personally, I've never had an issue with memory (despite the 72+ addons I've installed), and probably never will, but I would appreciate the ability to at the very least choose between ALL of Carb's functions. For example, while I certainly like the Warehouse part of Carb, I also like the bag handling of ArkInventory. Problem is, BOTH of them display how many of a given item I have across my characters, and NEITHER can deactivate that display.

So please, if you can't make every part of Carbonite modular, then at least try to offer a "toggle display" setting for every function you have so we can decide for ourselves what to display.

11-06-10, 07:49 AM   #6
Gendou
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
Problem is, BOTH of them display how many of a given item I have across my characters, and NEITHER can deactivate that display.
Options -> General -> Display Warehouse Data in Item Tooltips?

11-06-10, 08:35 AM   #7
Jigain
A Molten Giant

Ah, there it is!

11-06-10, 08:49 AM   #8
Gendou
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
Ah, there it is!
I use Altoholic, which has the same function, as does Bagnon_Tooltips.
Since I prefer the way Altoholic displays the information, I had to figure out how to disable the other two.

Glad it worked for you.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » modular carbonite