Unkn
Premium Member

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Zork
@Unkn
Me likes.
Ty

Originally Posted by Mischback View Post
Unkn: This looks amazing, though I think that something is not fitting... The size of this really cool unitframes doesn't fit to the very small buttons...
yeah the buttons and bars need to change up a bit. I am working on textures for them. Going out of town and away from the computer for thanksgiving put a halt on working on it. I'm thinking a dark rounded border on the buttons to match them up. Its an evolving UI. Shall see as it gets closer to all matching.

Also, Mischback, I like the grey textures, its actually easier to match the grey on the overall UI than it is to match the rust or tan colors you commonly find the steampunk graphics in. That center console is looking very nice. Are you using the circles for map or portraits? or my random thing, a giant "OH CRAP" button... every toon has one, its makes it quite fun punch on a stylized UI.

Last edited by Unkn : 11-27-10 at 06:14 PM.

11-28-10, 09:38 AM   #4342
eiszeit
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2051073/WoWS...810_163307.jpg

Current UI. I know my buffs and actionbars have no shadow, but I don't care. I already had a shadow BF skin and it kinda .. sucked. Except of that, pretty happy with my UI. Ah and my Forte Bar as that kind of shadow also.

11-28-10, 09:49 AM   #4343
Led ++
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by Plickz View Post
Jw, how did you go around setting up the combo points/balance bar/holy power bar/shard bar with stuf?

This is what I've been working on, inspired by Zagrei's UI :P
http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/6...2710101135.jpg
It's not Stuf's. IT's NibPointDisplay

@Tenub:

I can read that font just fine.

11-28-10, 11:47 AM   #4344
Ferous
Sheer Sense of Doom
Originally Posted by eiszeit View Post
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2051073/WoWS...810_163307.jpg

shadow BF skin and it kinda .. sucked.
Hey! lol

OT - I have no new screenshots to post. Cataclysm has been heavy on my computer so I've had to play on default.

11-28-10, 12:08 PM   #4345
eiszeit
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Originally Posted by Ferous View Post
Hey! lol
What's so funny? :O

edit: Ah, I now know. I didn't mean your BF skin, I mean my BF skin with that kind of shadow I made 2 years ago.

Last edited by eiszeit : 11-28-10 at 12:23 PM.

11-28-10, 04:14 PM   #4346
zork
A Pyroguard Emberseer

lyn I ****'n love it. (Really like layout, font and colors)
If you need help with shadowed buff/button skin let me know.

Can you post the fonts plz? (chat and unitframes)
Not sure if chat is actually express freeway. It looks alike but I think it's different.

"I wonder what the non-pathetic people are doing tonight?" - Rajesh Koothrappali (The Big Bang Theory)

11-29-10, 01:59 AM   #4347
Zagrei
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Well, here's an update for ya. Changed my actionbars a good bit, thanks to Haleth I used their modified rActionButtonStyler, changed the Dominos LUA to not accept ButtonFacade (so I could still use it for SBF... hehe), and then changed the sizing of some elements. I switched to nibPointDisplay for my various class aspects, which is nice. I also added a chat gradient, which is a great idea Not a new idea, just a great one. ONE nitpick: sThreatMeter2 is 2 pixels too high in these screenshots. I have since fixed it, so the padding is universally the same.

Comments are appreciated
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2010-11-29 at 2.53.08 AM.jpg
Views:	852
Size:	224.3 KB
ID:	5362  Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2010-11-29 at 1.36.13 AM.jpg
Views:	838
Size:	186.7 KB
ID:	5363  Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2010-11-29 at 1.40.43 AM.jpg
Views:	905
Size:	230.1 KB
ID:	5364  

11-29-10, 02:02 AM   #4348
Yooya
A Fallenroot Satyr
I thought I would post the UI I'm using on here sense I got a lot of help from people on here, and the forums were just a great resource to reference too.

The UF is oUF_p3lim edited to my preferences. I re-sized somethings, changed positions, colors, cast bars, a lot more buffs, and debuffs. Used Semplice for the font all around. Debuffs appear 2px below the Player/Target frames and 2px above the Grid/TargetTarget.

I really want to get something nice for the chat box. The timestamps seem to stagger things oddly which I don't really care for. For my chats font I want to get a 1px outline all around, and also for Grids font. I couldn't get just a plain 1px border on my Grids font so I just tossed that sort of extruded looking outline on there.

If anyone can suggest a good chat mod that is just really simple, and allows me to get a look akin to what I have now but with some of those changes I talked about. Also, if anyone knows how to get that 1px border on Grids font tell me, please! =]

11-29-10, 02:25 AM   #4349
Oraknathal
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by Yooya View Post
I thought I would post the UI I'm using on here sense I got a lot of help from people on here, and the forums were just a great resource to reference too.

The UF is oUF_p3lim edited to my preferences. I re-sized somethings, changed positions, colors, cast bars, a lot more buffs, and debuffs. Used Semplice for the font all around. Debuffs appear 2px below the Player/Target frames and 2px above the Grid/TargetTarget.

I really want to get something nice for the chat box. The timestamps seem to stagger things oddly which I don't really care for. For my chats font I want to get a 1px outline all around, and also for Grids font. I couldn't get just a plain 1px border on my Grids font so I just tossed that sort of extruded looking outline on there.

If anyone can suggest a good chat mod that is just really simple, and allows me to get a look akin to what I have now but with some of those changes I talked about. Also, if anyone knows how to get that 1px border on Grids font tell me, please! =]

what font are you using??

11-29-10, 02:50 AM   #4350
Lily.Petal
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Oraknathal View Post
Looks to be Supernatural 1001

11-29-10, 03:35 AM   #4351
Yooya
A Fallenroot Satyr

Semplice, it says in the post you quoted. =]

Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
It's not Stuf's. IT's NibPointDisplay

@Tenub:

I can read that font just fine.

While I'm here, Led what chat mode are you using? Also, how are you getting the 1px border around your font? I'm trying to use "OUTLINEMONOCHROME" and I get the pixel look but its 2px on the bottom and 1px on the top which just won't do.

Last edited by Yooya : 11-29-10 at 05:40 AM.

11-29-10, 05:09 AM   #4352
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

Originally Posted by Lily.Petal View Post
Looks to be Supernatural 1001

Ahem......

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn

11-29-10, 06:01 AM   #4353
sacrife
An Onyxian Warder

Semplice, it says in the post you quoted. =]

While I'm here, Led what chat mode are you using? Also, how are you getting the 1px border around your font? I'm trying to use "OUTLINEMONOCHROME" and I get the pixel look but its 2px on the bottom and 1px on the top which just won't do.
Remove the line(s) that say font:SetShadowOffset
and you are golden.

11-29-10, 07:39 AM   #4354
Kendian
A Molten Giant

Changes

Changed some minor things, but it feels more consolidated. I think I'm about done, till/when/if Cata breaks something. As always, C&C and suggestions welcomed~
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Idleness.jpg
Views:	865
Size:	1.17 MB
ID:	5365  Click image for larger version

Name:	Ogre.jpg
Views:	867
Size:	1.13 MB
ID:	5366  

11-29-10, 09:12 AM   #4355
zork
A Pyroguard Emberseer

The info bar has to be below your actionbars. Serious. If you want a bar above use a rep/xp bar or sth alike.

"I wonder what the non-pathetic people are doing tonight?" - Rajesh Koothrappali (The Big Bang Theory)

Last edited by zork : 11-29-10 at 09:16 AM.

11-29-10, 12:51 PM   #4356
sacrife
An Onyxian Warder

Originally Posted by Kendian View Post
Changed some minor things, but it feels more consolidated. I think I'm about done, till/when/if Cata breaks something. As always, C&C and suggestions welcomed~
I'm sorry, but that font is just unreadable.
I recommend Myriad Pro or something similar.

11-29-10, 04:08 PM   #4357
tenub
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by sacrife View Post
I'm sorry, but that font is just unreadable.
I recommend Myriad Pro or something similar.
They made a movie for a reason.

11-29-10, 04:13 PM   #4358
Yooya
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by sacrife View Post
Remove the line(s) that say font:SetShadowOffset
and you are golden.
Doh! Thank you.

11-29-10, 07:45 PM   #4359
Ulostthegame
A Theradrim Guardian
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations

Changed colors, layout, fonts, etc.

11-30-10, 07:27 AM   #4360
zynix
A Cliff Giant
Hey guys. As of 4.0.3 I wanted to redo my UI
So I went away from my previous 1px addiction, and I think it turned out pretty well.
This pretty much shows everything. Though some actionbuttons are hidden, as well as some of the castbars.

The main AddOns I am using is a modified version of oUF_Svelte, Dominos, LitePanels (And LiteStats) and Az Castbar.

I still need to do some positioning and laying some finishing touches to it

BTW, Ferous, thank you for the cool unitframes and awesome textures
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	WoWScrnShot_113010_142023.jpg
Views:	793
Size:	580.2 KB
ID:	5370  

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » UI Screenshots, Feedback and Design Discussion » Screen Shots of your UI...