03-30-11, 04:37 PM   #541
Porsha
A Black Drake
Originally Posted by Cala View Post
Is that STUF?
Yes, I have used STUF for a long time and still love the flexabilty of it. Most all my UIs use STUF cept when I did fall in love with Nin's transparent frames then Zagrei found a way to make STUF have the transparentcy too!

http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...light=stuf+lua

03-30-11, 04:39 PM   #542
Lily.Petal
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Porsha View Post
Yes, I have used STUF for a long time and still love the flexabilty of it. Most all my UIs use STUF cept when I did fall in love with Nin's transparent frames then Zagrei found a way to make STUF have the transparentcy too!

http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...light=stuf+lua
Hm, Stuf now has the feature already in, as well as a fill on loss effect. ;D

Thinking about making a New UI, but I can't find any inspiration ><

Latest - Based on Aurora;

Any suggestions?

Probably going to reset my WTF folder, and take certain Fonts/bars/textures out of sharedmedia and just keep my own in there. Only major problem is finding the inspiration.

Aggro Color to KG Panels Borders - Nibelheim
Lua Based UI Hider - Nibelheim
Custom LUA PowerText - Stuf - Nibelheim, Seerah

Last edited by Lily.Petal : 03-30-11 at 04:49 PM.

03-30-11, 05:15 PM   #543
Porsha
A Black Drake
I've been thinking of going back and polishing this one up. I like the layout overall. Ufs were someone elses idea I picked up here quite a while ago along with the staggered Dominos bars. I love vertical UFs but they can be a bit of a challenge to get all the info I want to see without going outside to lay text.

http://i53.tinypic.com/2sbpf0z.jpg

03-30-11, 07:01 PM   #544
Rosoaa
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
LOL, as much as I would like to say the concept of anothers UI is useless or the worst ever thought in existence, I don't. I realize there's the whole "constructive criticism" element to this thread, but there's a line. If you notice, I asked a few questions I needed to be addressed to finalize the UI. I didn't need or want the minimalist users opinion on how much precious screen space I was losing because as you can probably tell that this UI is not minimalistic, so it's safe to say this was not created for that purpose. The opposition have valid points, and I will take them into account, thank you. As for the other suggestions thank you as well. It will be released when finished.

03-30-11, 08:57 PM   #545
tenub
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
I've experimented with different kinds of UIs, ranging from something unique like my HL2 UI on wowuigallery and here to many that I haven't released a preview or screenshots of to the one posted here. Although it's hardly unique, borrowing many elements from TukUI, I find it to be as clear and clean as possible, allowing the player to quickly gather information by simply glancing, as well as graphically pleasing to the eye. You might think it's awful, but that's perfectly acceptable. You may also love it as I do which is also perfectly fine.

PvE:

PvP (Gladius test in dungeon):

03-30-11, 09:40 PM   #546
Plickz
A Cyclonian
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Here is my WIP. Inspired by Oraknathal's UI ...sorry if I spelt your name wrong. Anywayss....
I'd like to give special thanks to Tenub for not including me in his screenshot even though he was partially included in mine... ):

I'd like to note that, while in combat, the map, chat, dps meter and buffs all disappear. I have it so the important buffs (trinket procs, hot streak, impact, etc) all show up underneath my unit frame.

03-30-11, 11:09 PM   #547
Oraknathal
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Nope you spelled my name right plickz.
And your UI is looking nice although, why is there no border around the info text inside the minimap?

03-30-11, 11:10 PM   #548
Oraknathal
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by tenub View Post
I've experimented with different kinds of UIs, ranging from something unique like my HL2 UI on wowuigallery and here to many that I haven't released a preview or screenshots of to the one posted here. Although it's hardly unique, borrowing many elements from TukUI, I find it to be as clear and clean as possible, allowing the player to quickly gather information by simply glancing, as well as graphically pleasing to the eye. You might think it's awful, but that's perfectly acceptable. You may also love it as I do which is also perfectly fine.

PvE:

PvP (Gladius test in dungeon):
what texture are you using for the uf's??

03-31-11, 12:43 AM   #549
tenub
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by Oraknathal View Post
what texture are you using for the uf's??
Standard flatsmooth texture from Stuf. I added it to SharedMedia so I could use it with PitBull4. The sole reason I'm not using Stuf is because of how perfect and awesome PitBull4 handles cureble debuffs (the whole faded border overlay). Stuf just has a bad looking icon overlay that you can move around within the unitframe.

03-31-11, 01:48 AM   #550
Lily.Petal
A Molten Giant

Standard flatsmooth texture from Stuf. I added it to SharedMedia so I could use it with PitBull4. The sole reason I'm not using Stuf is because of how perfect and awesome PitBull4 handles cureble debuffs (the whole faded border overlay). Stuf just has a bad looking icon overlay that you can move around within the unitframe.
You can set it up to use BF borders

03-31-11, 05:48 AM   #551
iradex
A Cyclonian
Originally Posted by Plickz View Post
Here is my WIP. Inspired by Oraknathal's UI ...sorry if I spelt your name wrong. Anywayss....
I'd like to give special thanks to Tenub for not including me in his screenshot even though he was partially included in mine... ):

I'd like to note that, while in combat, the map, chat, dps meter and buffs all disappear. I have it so the important buffs (trinket procs, hot streak, impact, etc) all show up underneath my unit frame.
Are you using Stuf? The code of transparency that Zagrei posted is not working anymore here. How you did it? Btw, nice UI! Good job

03-31-11, 06:39 AM   #552
haylie
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Um, you don't need code for that. You could do transparency with Stuf even back before I quit. You can set each individual bar a certain texture, color and transparency value, both fill and depleted. It's in the options.

03-31-11, 09:03 AM   #553
tenub
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by Lily.Petal View Post
You can set it up to use BF borders
Also for Stuf_Raid you can't right click a player in the raid to inspect for example like you can in PitBull4.

03-31-11, 09:20 AM   #554
Lordyfrb
A Cliff Giant
FreeUI has gained a little weight:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FatFreeUI.jpg
Views:	670
Size:	625.8 KB
ID:	5930  

03-31-11, 10:34 AM   #555
Lily.Petal
A Molten Giant

Also for Stuf_Raid you can't right click a player in the raid to inspect for example like you can in PitBull4.
I haven't used stuf raid in a long time due to the problems I am having with it (using grid until I can find a hugely customizable raid addon). I can't seem to edit it in anyway either in preview or with a raid group unless I /rl every lil change.

03-31-11, 11:52 AM   #556
Maxen
A Fallenroot Satyr
Here is mine. WIP. Heavily inspired by Nin's latest UI <3. I'm still unsure how to display my target buffs (not sure if i need/want them actually). Need to find a place to position ZOMGBuff (can't live without it!) without compromising the look&feel. I'll move chat frames a bit lower and I need to find something to show my CDs. I was using NugRunning but it doesnt fit anymore with this layout. Combat text will need to be move also.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_033111_120820.jpg
Views:	658
Size:	377.8 KB
ID:	5931  

03-31-11, 12:21 PM   #557
Aprikot
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by Maxen View Post
Here is mine. WIP. Heavily inspired by Nin's latest UI <3. I'm still unsure how to display my target buffs (not sure if i need/want them actually). Need to find a place to position ZOMGBuff (can't live without it!) without compromising the look&feel. I'll move chat frames a bit lower and I need to find something to show my CDs. I was using NugRunning but it doesnt fit anymore with this layout. Combat text will need to be move also.
Looks good. I'd make more distinction between border & shadow (on the Minimap for example..maybe 1px black + shadow?). Looks like Expressway in tooltip only, is that just a leftover?

03-31-11, 12:47 PM   #558
Haleth
This Space For Rent

Featured
Originally Posted by Lordyfrb View Post
FreeUI has gained a little weight:
I thought "lolwut" at first, but that actually looks pretty good. Only thing I'd say is the button borders don't really match the new theme.

03-31-11, 01:39 PM   #559
Tanthalus
An Aku'mai Servant

What are you smoking?
I know its hard, but contain yourself. You do yourself and any good points you made a disservice by before you even started them by retarded trolling in your first couple sentences.

Originally Posted by Aprikot View Post
Troll much? the f_ck?
Point of this post?

Originally Posted by Rosoaa View Post
LOL, as much as I would like to say the concept of anothers UI is useless or the worst ever thought in existence, I don't. I realize there's the whole "constructive criticism" element to this thread, but there's a line. If you notice, I asked a few questions I needed to be addressed to finalize the UI. I didn't need or want the minimalist users opinion on how much precious screen space I was losing because as you can probably tell that this UI is not minimalistic, so it's safe to say this was not created for that purpose. The opposition have valid points, and I will take them into account, thank you. As for the other suggestions thank you as well. It will be released when finished.
UI if fine, but it could do with at least an option to anchor it all to the bottom of the screen while setting the bottom UFs above the main bar. Also an Alpha scaling option for the main background.
6.5/10
(7.5/10 with options)

The UI as a whole is good. Only a few things id change; The 2D class icon is redundant and hugely unneeded waste of space. Use a 3d portrait or simply nothing at all. You lose absolutely nothing and gain screen space. The huge-ass health bar with the class color makes it pretty obvious what class it it without that hideous graphic uglification an otherwise nice looking UI.

Also the party frames are a tad overlarge.
7.5/10

Originally Posted by Plickz View Post
Good minimalistic UI, like the unit frame effect. It would be improved by messing around more with that pixel font. Its hideous. Manly due to char spacing issues making it harder to read than it should be. If that was fixed it would look much more polished.
7/10

Originally Posted by Maxen View Post
Good, but Id put a -2 font size on nearly everything here.
7/10

03-31-11, 01:43 PM   #560
Maxen
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by Aprikot View Post
Looks good. I'd make more distinction between border & shadow (on the Minimap for example..maybe 1px black + shadow?). Looks like Expressway in tooltip only, is that just a leftover?
Thanks, still need work I'll see what i can do with the minimap, that does not annoy me though. As for the tooltip, you got that right, FreebTip is using that font. I will try it with some other font.

Again thanks for the feedback

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » UI Screenshots, Feedback and Design Discussion » UI Feedback Thread