PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
*puts on his cheese head hat*
09-12-12, 08:59 PM   #83
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Here are some WoW themes, if you haven't seen them yet: http://www.iheartwow.com/category/wo...arcraft-themes
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

09-12-12, 09:17 PM   #84
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
DAMNIT! someone stole my antler hat *glares around*
09-12-12, 10:06 PM   #85
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Ugh... I feel like all this "social" media setup is more work then programming the addons themselves....
09-12-12, 10:15 PM   #86
mjumnito
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
Ugh... I feel like all this "social" media setup is more work then programming the addons themselves....
But RytOn needs a place to think out loud . Look at it this way, after its set up you need only to brainstorm ideas or read/respond to feedback

Last edited by mjumnito : 09-12-12 at 10:15 PM. Reason: its late :/
09-12-12, 10:24 PM   #87
clipper
An Aku'mai Servant
Yeah, we're so demanding.

So, right on to what *I* want!
The zoomable Google-maps style main map (I know everyone wants that)

The ability to show the location of things like inns, trainers, flight masters, profession locations (forges, anvils). Showing where is the nearest merchant where I can buy a particular item would be invaluable.
Suggestion: anything that would be hard to maintain a db of, let the addon get updates from guildies or other people in zone who are running the addon, sort of like how gatherer shares discovered nodes with anyone else in their guild who's running gatherer.

And this is really important to me, I'm mostly a pvper:
PVP maps
* remembers the size/shape/zoom of each BG map, switches to it automatically on entering BG
* shows player locations and shows their health levels on their dots
* shows BG objectives (node caps, gate demolition, etc)

Thanks man, and glad to hear that you're going to be developing this new addon (RytOn?? lol) - I'm really looking forward to it!
09-12-12, 11:03 PM   #88
Shaddoh
A Murloc Raider
So thanks to a very generous user, I now have rythal.com ... I'm just not sure what to do with it >< was going to use it as a development blog, and right now it's loaded with wordpress... but I can't find a single theme that would suit for that... pondering now if there's something more appropriate.
Wow, how cool! It's cool to see that things are starting to take off....kinda.
09-12-12, 11:20 PM   #89
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Which is why we keep offering to help you out ....
09-12-12, 11:36 PM   #90
Ashamam
A Murloc Raider
Horse before the cart.

Write the add-on.

Being a world class procrastinator I feel sufficiently informed to make this comment.
09-13-12, 12:47 AM   #91
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Originally Posted by Cairenn View Post
Which is why we keep offering to help you out ....
lol I know... I had intended on just doing everything here... but since they bought me the domain i'd feel guilty if I don't use it in some way. It's just the blog tho for the real addon I wouldn't think twice about anything but here.
09-13-12, 02:09 AM   #92
backlash666
A Murloc Raider
As I have previously stated, THANK YOU.

I would suggest now that you have got the name you crate a sub-forum in the featured projects section. Just to keep everyone updated on how things are going.

Either that or install phpbb to rythal.com and let us all go nuts

I may be absolutely crap at coding, but If you want, I can happily handle websites and forums.

Just so you know the offer of help is always there, as I'm sure it is from many, many others!

Keep up the good work!

PS Any spelling mistakes are due to not having any letters left on my keyboard lol. I like this keyboard
09-13-12, 07:25 AM   #93
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Originally Posted by backlash666 View Post
As I have previously stated, THANK YOU.

I would suggest now that you have got the name you crate a sub-forum in the featured projects section. Just to keep everyone updated on how things are going.

Either that or install phpbb to rythal.com and let us all go nuts
To do that, i'd actually have to have an addon >< right now there is nothing more then my hopes and everyone's dreams... (and the headaches I've caused the poor staff of MMOUI.. feel really bad about that)

Last edited by Rythal : 09-13-12 at 07:29 AM.
09-13-12, 07:48 AM   #94
mjumnito
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Im sure the staff of MMOUI likes seeing new faces around here. Besides your becoming quite popular and are taking steps to close the gap of traditional map addons and google style addons (no i didnt forget about "the other addon"). All in all, if you were causing a headache im sure they would let you know
09-13-12, 10:40 AM   #95
Fizgig1973
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Thank You

Rythal,

Thank you so much for your previous efforts with Carbonite and your continued efforts on your new project. People like you are what take this community and this game to the next level.
09-13-12, 11:10 AM   #96
NoggenFogger
A Cyclonian
a bit of Latin??

Originally Posted by rythal.com
About Author

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Vestibulum at arcu. Integer et risus. Morbi id tellus. Integer felis. Mauris malesuada, turpis vitae facilisis euismod, dui arcu adipiscing sem, eu vulputate leo ante in lacus. Sed porta accumsan lectus. Aenean ac sem. In consequat tempus velit. Phasellus leo enim, adipiscing a, egestas nec, pretium ut, pede. Mauris sollicitudin diam et mauris. Sed quis enim vel augue egestas lobortis. Etiam tempus ipsum vel neque.

Originally Posted by translate.google.com
This page is available, please contact us. Comments are closed. Read and laugh. Comments are closed. Learn more. Read more, here's the easy life, storage requirements bow shock, in front of the lion's Olympic pool. But gate-oriented message. Welcome compounds. Comments are closed. Search for lion, the storage, the need is not, as the price of a foot. Comments are closed. But for one or more poverty policies. Even time itself or not.

--Google Translate isn't very well versed in Latin, apparently.
09-13-12, 11:17 AM   #97
Sharparam
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by NoggenFogger View Post
--Google Translate isn't very well versed in Latin, apparently.
That's placeholder text, it doesn't mean anything :P

Lorem ipsum - Wikipedia
09-13-12, 11:19 AM   #98
NoggenFogger
A Cyclonian
Originally Posted by F16Gaming View Post
That's placeholder text, it doesn't mean anything :P

Lorem ipsum - Wikipedia
So Google Translate was fooled into thinking it was latin. That makes it even more funny to me.
09-13-12, 11:22 AM   #99
Sharparam
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by NoggenFogger View Post
So Google Translate was fooled into thinking it was latin. That makes it even more funny to me.
Well it's based on a latin text, and then they altered some words in order to not make it mean anything.

Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Even though "lorem ipsum" may arouse curiosity because of its resemblance to classical Latin, it is not intended to have meaning. If text is comprehensible in a document, people tend to focus on the textual content rather than upon overall presentation.[citation needed] Therefore publishers use lorem ipsum when displaying a typeface or design elements and page layout in order to direct the focus to the publication style and not the meaning of the text. In spite of its basis in Latin, the use of lorem ipsum is often referred to as greeking, from the phrase "it's all Greek to me", which indicates that something is not meant to be readable text.[2]
09-13-12, 11:33 AM   #100
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
To do that, i'd actually have to have an addon >< right now there is nothing more then my hopes and everyone's dreams... (and the headaches I've caused the poor staff of MMOUI.. feel really bad about that)
Bah, don't worry, 'sall good.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Rythal!! Read this...