Gethe
RealUI Developer

Premium Member
Featured
Originally Posted by Maddoxx View Post
Hi
when I log in my Chat font resets to standard
how can I fix it within the lua?
Standard is the default chat font. If you would like to change it, you can go to /real -> Advanced Settings -> Fonts, then check the box "Use custom chat font".

If you already did this, did you also get any errors?

07-12-14, 09:09 PM   #3522
Maddoxx
A Cyclonian
I use a custom font for chat
once I change it in /real -> Advanced Settings -> Fonts Chat font changes to custom font
but after relog > reset

This is how it should look

and this how it looks after relog

Last edited by Maddoxx : 07-12-14 at 09:33 PM.

07-13-14, 02:07 AM   #3523
spanky0312
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by paulfunyan View Post
just recently downloaded the update and started having a weird problem. whenever i get a strongbox or something of the like where i can't shift click to loot, i won't be able to hover over the items at all. can't click them, see the tooltip or anything. sometimes closing it and reopening works but most of the time i have to /reload. any idea?
I have the excact same problem as him I think REAL UI is causing this. I am using it for long time now since an update is causing this weird problem. I am using no addons that interfear with the loot process so that could not be a problem I gues.

07-13-14, 08:59 AM   #3524
spanky0312
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by paulfunyan View Post
just recently downloaded the update and started having a weird problem. whenever i get a strongbox or something of the like where i can't shift click to loot, i won't be able to hover over the items at all. can't click them, see the tooltip or anything. sometimes closing it and reopening works but most of the time i have to /reload. any idea?
Originally Posted by spanky0312 View Post
I have the excact same problem as him I think REAL UI is causing this. I am using it for long time now since an update is causing this weird problem. I am using no addons that interfear with the loot process so that could not be a problem I gues.

I can confirm this must be a problem with the loot module from Real UI, I downloaded an older version of real UI and just replaced the loot module with the older version and now everything seems to work fine. And also since the last changes did a few things the the loot module my best gues it must be in there. Mostly this bug happens when you have more then 1 item to loot or more quality's.

For now I would suggest a temp fix for everyone with this problem just download an older version then replace Addons/nibRealUI/Modules/Loot.lua with the one thats in the older version you downloaded.

07-13-14, 01:16 PM   #3525
lonegreywolf21
A Defias Bandit
Is there anyway to get version six of RealUI?

Not a big fan of the newer versions and prefer version 6 of the compilation.

07-13-14, 07:23 PM   #3526
Elysdeon
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Cleaned a few things up, hid the double arrow and lightning bolt because they are annoying clutter next to my raid frames in healing mode, and aligned most everything.

1) It appears shields get their own Raven bar, which I need to go find and align properly

2) I can't find the line(s) of code which will adjust the tick marks on the target health bar. I didn't have to move them manually on the player bar, so I'm a bit confused as to why they need to be moved manually on the target.

07-14-14, 12:09 AM   #3527
Gethe
RealUI Developer

Premium Member
Featured
I use a custom font for chat
once I change it in /real -> Advanced Settings -> Fonts Chat font changes to custom font
but after relog > reset

<snip>

This is how it should look
<snip>

and this how it looks after relog
<snip>
Originally Posted by spanky0312 View Post
I can confirm this must be a problem with the loot module from Real UI, I downloaded an older version of real UI and just replaced the loot module with the older version and now everything seems to work fine. And also since the last changes did a few things the the loot module my best gues it must be in there. Mostly this bug happens when you have more then 1 item to loot or more quality's.

For now I would suggest a temp fix for everyone with this problem just download an older version then replace Addons/nibRealUI/Modules/Loot.lua with the one thats in the older version you downloaded.
I was not able to replicate either of these bugs.
  1. Are you using the addons that come with RealUI? (Chatter or cargBags)
    If you're not, the addon you are using may be interfering.
  2. Do you use any other addons that affect those areas? (chat or bags)
    Try disabling any of these first and see if it still happens.
  3. Are you using the latest version of RealUI and it's included addons?
    RealUI is at version 8.0 r30. Any other addon, that is not on the "Do not update" list (found at the bottom of the RealUI page), should also be on its latest available version.
  4. Are you getting any errors?
    Check under the minimap for a bag icon and click it.

Originally Posted by lonegreywolf21 View Post
Is there anyway to get version six of RealUI?

Not a big fan of the newer versions and prefer version 6 of the compilation.
No, there would be far to many things to update to make RealUI 6 work in the current game. This is especially true with Warlords on the way, which has its own set of breaking changes.

Last edited by Gethe : 07-14-14 at 12:20 AM.

07-14-14, 12:40 AM   #3528
Nephistic
A Kobold Labourer

You use Grid2?

Can you explain why you use Grid2 when Grid 1 is more updated?

07-14-14, 08:45 PM   #3529
Maddoxx
A Cyclonian
Are you using the addons that come with RealUI? (Chatter or cargBags)
Yes.
Do you use any other addons that affect those areas? (chat or bags)
No.
Are you using the latest version of RealUI and it's included addons?
Yes.
Are you getting any errors?
No.

It seems like it stopped to change the font after relog but I noticed that entering an Raid (Ulduar) it changes again :/
Its really wierd

07-14-14, 11:04 PM   #3530
Gethe
RealUI Developer

Premium Member
Featured
Originally Posted by Nephistic View Post
Can you explain why you use Grid2 when Grid 1 is more updated?
Better performance.
Easier to configure
Statuses can be used with any indicator.

Are you using the addons that come with RealUI? (Chatter or cargBags)
Yes.
Do you use any other addons that affect those areas? (chat or bags)
No.
Are you using the latest version of RealUI and it's included addons?
Yes.
Are you getting any errors?
No.

It seems like it stopped to change the font after relog but I noticed that entering an Raid (Ulduar) it changes again :/
Its really wierd
I'll take another look tomorrow when I raid, but without any error messages it'll be tough to track down.

07-15-14, 09:21 AM   #3531
ForsakenAngel
A Defias Bandit
New to RealUI

Howdy! I'm new to this UI after switching away from another. I do enjoy it so far, though, trying to figure out how to turn the nameplates off over the NPCs within the game. I know I do not have them active with the blizzard interface, and haven't figure out within the UI how to keep them off. Don't like seeing all their names above their heads. Please help!

PS Great UI. Definitely a keeper!

07-15-14, 02:45 PM   #3532
Anj
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Try Shift+V. This sometimes happens to me when I change UI's.

Originally Posted by ForsakenAngel View Post
Howdy! I'm new to this UI after switching away from another. I do enjoy it so far, though, trying to figure out how to turn the nameplates off over the NPCs within the game. I know I do not have them active with the blizzard interface, and haven't figure out within the UI how to keep them off. Don't like seeing all their names above their heads. Please help!

PS Great UI. Definitely a keeper!

07-16-14, 08:29 AM   #3533
ForsakenAngel
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Anj View Post
Try Shift+V. This sometimes happens to me when I change UI's.
Tried that.. all it does is bring up the health bar versions of their names when you do it. Just wondering which addon within the UI is keeping the nameplates of the NPC up. THanks for your help though, hun

07-16-14, 05:31 PM   #3534
Gethe
RealUI Developer

Premium Member
Featured
Originally Posted by ForsakenAngel View Post
Tried that.. all it does is bring up the health bar versions of their names when you do it. Just wondering which addon within the UI is keeping the nameplates of the NPC up. THanks for your help though, hun
The only thing RealUI does with the nameplates is skin the healthbars (via Kui Nameplates). If you are talking about the plain text that shows when they don't have healthbars, those options are in the Blizzard Interface Options under "Names".

07-16-14, 07:25 PM   #3535
lonegreywolf21
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Gethe View Post

No, there would be far to many things to update to make RealUI 6 work in the current game. This is especially true with Warlords on the way, which has its own set of breaking changes.
Well, that stinks. I guess I will just piece together a RealUI lite...lol.

07-16-14, 07:43 PM   #3536
anubis06660
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Aurora w/ Mapster

Hello everyone!

I've been a long time user of this UI, as I have found it to be the best out there. Recently I've taken a break from WoW for a better part of a year. I've since returned and of course loaded RealUI back up, and I do say this latest adaptation is one of the best. I do have a question that I hope someone could answer for me.

I use mapster as the world map because I feel it posesses all the options I prefer. I do remember a time when it was the default for Real, but I see you've baked in your own, r maybe just have the default map only. In any case, I loaded Mapster and Aurora doesn't seem to skin it anymore. Is there something I'm missing? I even tried to add the lua file for mapster into the addon folder within Aurora to no avail. Not sure if that is even the correct procedure lol. Any assistance would be wonderful, thanks!

07-17-14, 02:58 AM   #3537
Ullyr
A Defias Bandit

Hello, How exactly do you make it so that you see Dispel-able magic effects with Grid 2 on Real UI? And how do you make it show the roles of which the player is.
I know back when it used to use Grid 1 it showed roles and dispels.
But now for whatever reason mine doesn't, and I've tried fixing them through the settings but for whatever reason nothing ever works.
Mostly trying to get it to show magic effects like Protectors shadow word bane and Thok's Corrosive Poison.

07-17-14, 03:32 PM   #3538
Gethe
RealUI Developer

Premium Member
Featured
Originally Posted by anubis06660 View Post
Hello everyone!

I've been a long time user of this UI, as I have found it to be the best out there. Recently I've taken a break from WoW for a better part of a year. I've since returned and of course loaded RealUI back up, and I do say this latest adaptation is one of the best. I do have a question that I hope someone could answer for me.

I use mapster as the world map because I feel it posesses all the options I prefer. I do remember a time when it was the default for Real, but I see you've baked in your own, r maybe just have the default map only. In any case, I loaded Mapster and Aurora doesn't seem to skin it anymore. Is there something I'm missing? I even tried to add the lua file for mapster into the addon folder within Aurora to no avail. Not sure if that is even the correct procedure lol. Any assistance would be wonderful, thanks!
RealUI currently uses Foglight for the map. If you'd like to continue using Mapster you can take the old skin file for it and make an addon just for that. Go here and paste the Lua file in the labled space, then open the TOC options and add Mapster and Aurora as a dependency. If you have any other questions about this process, send me a PM.

Originally Posted by Ullyr View Post
Hello, How exactly do you make it so that you see Dispel-able magic effects with Grid 2 on Real UI? And how do you make it show the roles of which the player is.
I know back when it used to use Grid 1 it showed roles and dispels.
But now for whatever reason mine doesn't, and I've tried fixing them through the settings but for whatever reason nothing ever works.
Mostly trying to get it to show magic effects like Protectors shadow word bane and Thok's Corrosive Poison.
The role is (or should) already be shown at the bottom for the unit frame. Blue for tanks, or green for healers. It won't show for dps.

For debuffs use /gr2 then select Statuses -> Debuffs -> Raid Debuffs. There will be a list of all bosses in Siege of Orgrimmar. Simply enable the debuffs you wish to see, they will show the next time you enter the raid (or /rl). You can also add new debuffs by selecting the Boss headers.

07-19-14, 06:56 PM   #3539
Vaeladin
A Defias Bandit
Is there a way to move the loot notification window? I'm talking about the one that pops up in the middle of the screen when you win a roll. It's obnoxious, especially when it pops up in the middle of a fight. Also, is there a way to nudge the b.net popups a bit to the right? The edge of the left side is cut off.

Last edited by Vaeladin : 07-20-14 at 01:28 AM.

07-22-14, 08:13 AM   #3540
Vorl123
A Murloc Raider
Use DBM boss frames instead of RealUIs

Hi guys. Does anyone know a way to use DBMs boss health frames insteal of RealUIs?

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » RealUI » RealUI