11-05-10, 06:59 AM   #1
Gendou
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Unhappy Flight Point Pathing for Quests

Something I've noticed since the 4.0.1 releases of Carbonite is that when you ask for the Quest Tracker to point you to your objective, the arrow will point directly at the objective rather than pointing you to the nearest flight path and telling you where to fly as it did prior to this newer version.

For example, if you have just completed the "Edge of Winter" Valiant quest for the Argent Tournament, rather than telling you "Go 43 yards to Camp Winterhoof FP and fly to Argent Tournament Grounds," (as Carbonite used to do), it will instead direct you to fly 7000 yards north, which is not only wildly inefficient, but a little annoying as well - to the point that I've stopped using the objective arrows for most quests.

I'm using 4.0.11, and I've checked the settings to see if there's a "path through FP's" option I've left unchecked somewhere (still not sure I haven't, but I did give it a once-over).

So IS this me being stupid, or has something changed with the way Carbonite paths quests and can it please go back to the way it was?

Thanks ever so much for such an amazing addon. Not sure what I'd do without it.

11-05-10, 05:33 PM   #2
Haavok
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Once you've got a fast flying mount Carbonite will usually suggest you fly directly to the objective instead of routing through a flight path. We'll have to double-check this to make sure something hasn't broken recently.

Thanks,

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Flight Point Pathing for Quests