11-07-10, 11:16 AM   #1
Yxxt
A Kobold Labourer
Quest Watch list as tab on chat window?

I try hard to keep my ui as minimalistic as possible, so my question is....

would it be possible to move the quest watch list into a tab on the chat window?

Thanks for the great addon!!!

11-07-10, 11:45 AM   #2
Gendou
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Originally Posted by Yxxt View Post
would it be possible to move the quest watch list into a tab on the chat window?
That's actually a good idea. I'd certainly use something like that.

But somehow I expect that's beyond the scope of what can be accomplished without some kind of bizarre chat reworking that would make Carbonite four times bigger than it is.

Or maybe it's something that can be implemented easily. Who knows?

11-08-10, 09:03 PM   #3
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You guys know that you can minimize the watch window, right? You can either set a key bind in the default key binding interface, or there is a "minimize button" on the top of the frame right next to the "close/lock" button.

In "minimized" mode, you will see a small bar with only the two menu buttons, four colored quest buttons, and the minimize and close/lock buttons.

11-09-10, 07:33 AM   #4
Gendou
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
You guys know that you can minimize the watch window, right?
I'm pretty sure we're all aware of this, yes.

11-09-10, 06:45 PM   #5
Twest
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
You guys know that you can minimize the watch window, right?
Yup, fully aware. However, while maximized it does take up a decent chunk of the screen on small screens. So, to be able to move it to a chat window tab, or even a UI Addon similar to nUI: Carbonite, would be nice.

That being said, it might be more beneficial to make the suggestion to a UI designer?

11-11-10, 11:39 PM   #6
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Twest View Post
Yup, fully aware. However, while maximized it does take up a decent chunk of the screen on small screens. So, to be able to move it to a chat window tab, or even a UI Addon similar to nUI: Carbonite, would be nice.

That being said, it might be more beneficial to make the suggestion to a UI designer?
I play WoW on a laptop (and keep the watch window minimized unless I absolutely have to maximize it for some reason), so, basically, what's your point?

11-12-10, 03:53 AM   #7
Jigain
A Molten Giant

In the Quest Watch window, clicking the left-most button (looks like a white "play" icon) brings out a drop-down menu. The slider "Max Visible In List" sets how many quests to show, and can aid in reducing the size of the quest watch window.

Additionally, in the Font menu, specifically under Quest Watch List Font, you can choose font, size, and spacing for the Quest Watch window, reducing the size even further.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Quest Watch list as tab on chat window?