Is the SharedMedia addon enabled?
Yes, it is.

05-14-13, 08:21 PM   #1522
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Vasaka View Post
Yes, it is.
Well, as the tree said to the lumberjack, I don't know what the hell is going on

I take it if you click on those Font dropdowns pixel_etc_etc aren't listed?

05-14-13, 08:29 PM   #1523
Vasaka
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Nibelheim View Post
Well, as the tree said to the lumberjack, I don't know what the hell is going on

I take it if you click on those Font dropdowns pixel_etc_etc aren't listed?
Seems they are not. Here is the screenshot of dropdown's content. Error magically disappeared by the way.

Well, I guess I am out of luck with custom fonts in your addon then

05-14-13, 08:35 PM   #1524
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Seems they are not. Here is the screenshot of dropdown's content. Error magically disappeared by the way.
Well, I guess I am out of luck with custom fonts in your addon then
Well, I wouldn't say that yet

First, do a complete clean install of RealUI. Delete your WTF and Interface folders and copy the Interface folder in from the download.
Second, replace the font files with your own fonts.
Third, log in to WoW and see if the Font dropdowns still list the pixel fonts.

05-14-13, 08:44 PM   #1525
Vasaka
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Well, I wouldn't say that yet

First, do a complete clean install of RealUI. Delete your WTF and Interface folders and copy the Interface folder in from the download.
Second, replace the font files with your own fonts.
Third, log in to WoW and see if the Font dropdowns still list the pixel fonts.
No, that did not help . Font names still missing. Maybe I will try my luck in tracking the problem in code? Where do I start digging?

05-14-13, 09:03 PM   #1526
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

No, that did not help . Font names still missing. Maybe I will try my luck in tracking the problem in code? Where do I start digging?
Could try replacing the GetFont functions with hard-coded font files. This way it would bypass SharedMedia altogether.

Open up nibRealUI\Core\Fonts.lua and scroll to the very bottom
There you'll see lines which say:
Lua Code:
  1. nibRealUI.font.pixel... = nibRealUI:GetFont(etc)

Change those to:
Lua Code:
  1. nibRealUI.font.pixel... = {[[Interface\AddOns\nibRealUI\Fonts\pixel_etc_etc.ttf]], 8, "MONOCHROMEOUTLINE"}

Just replace pixel_etc_etc with the name of your fonts.

Last edited by Nibelheim : 05-14-13 at 09:06 PM.

05-15-13, 08:26 AM   #1527
Vasaka
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Could try replacing the GetFont functions with hard-coded font files. This way it would bypass SharedMedia altogether.

Open up nibRealUI\Core\Fonts.lua and scroll to the very bottom
There you'll see lines which say:
Lua Code:
  1. nibRealUI.font.pixel... = nibRealUI:GetFont(etc)

Change those to:
Lua Code:
  1. nibRealUI.font.pixel... = {[[Interface\AddOns\nibRealUI\Fonts\pixel_etc_etc.ttf]], 8, "MONOCHROMEOUTLINE"}

Just replace pixel_etc_etc with the name of your fonts.
So, after brief research I figured out 2 things.
1. All function calls of LibShared are executed within "\Interface\AddOns\Chatter\Libs\LibSharedMedia-3.0\LibSharedMedia-3.0\LibSharedMedia-3.0.lua". Not sure why there are so many LibShared instances.
2. The problem is actually locale specific (who might have wondered?)
Code:
function lib:Register(mediatype, key, data, langmask)
if mediatype == lib.MediaType.FONT  and ((langmask and band(langmask, LOCALE_MASK) == 0) or not (langmask or locale_is_western))
This is what causes the problem.
Code:
((langmask and band(langmask, LOCALE_MASK) == 0)
yields nil because langmask is not set, ergo the whole expression is false.
It is not the case in EU version because second part of it
Code:
not (langmask or locale_is_western))
yields true.
Now I am a bit confused, how to fix it properly. For now I hardcoded RU version as EU within LibShared.

05-15-13, 12:30 PM   #1528
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

I see. Didn't know there was a language arg passed with Register. On the plus side, this allows me to add in localized fonts for the UI very easily. All you have to do is open up SharedMedia_MyMedia\MyMedia.lua and add a , 2 (I think, could be ruRU or something, unfortunately there's no instructions on this aspect) to the end of the font registrars.

Code:
LSM:Register("font", "Standard", [[Interface\Addons\nibRealUI\Fonts\standard.ttf]], 2)

05-15-13, 07:38 PM   #1529
Hakamaori
A Cliff Giant

Pet Unit Frame

I noticed that my pet actually has a unit frame now but the problem with that is that I cannot move it because it is currently hidden under one of my action bars. Regardless of this, the UI is working great now that I am checking several times a day for newer builds.

Hakamaori - Tauren Protection Warrior: Wyrmrest Accord - US

05-16-13, 09:37 AM   #1530
hexiaa
A Defias Bandit

Do you have any idea where I can change the positioning of the cd text in my action bars, weak auras, etc. This is what it looks like when things are on cd. Notice Holy Fire and two of my Weak Auras. There used to be TWO timers, but that was because I had OmniCC on (couldn't configure it for some reason).

http://imgur.com/SpdDNf2

Also, do you know why I can't see keybindings on ALL my action bars? Even if I go to Bartender settings and click, unclick Show Hotkey nothing happens.

Last edited by hexiaa : 05-16-13 at 10:00 AM.

05-16-13, 11:38 AM   #1531
Hwn
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Nameplate fonts

I am having a bug with KuiNameplates, where it will reset the font size to 0.64 every time i log in from the size 1 that i usually have it at. Tried reinstalling a fresh download of RealUI but the bus is still there.

05-16-13, 11:58 AM   #1532
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Originally Posted by Hakamaori View Post
I noticed that my pet actually has a unit frame now but the problem with that is that I cannot move it because it is currently hidden under one of my action bars. Regardless of this, the UI is working great now that I am checking several times a day for newer builds.
Will have to move that action bar for now until I get pet frame position options added in.

Originally Posted by hexiaa View Post
Do you have any idea where I can change the positioning of the cd text in my action bars, weak auras, etc. This is what it looks like when things are on cd. Notice Holy Fire and two of my Weak Auras. There used to be TWO timers, but that was because I had OmniCC on (couldn't configure it for some reason).

Also, do you know why I can't see keybindings on ALL my action bars? Even if I go to Bartender settings and click, unclick Show Hotkey nothing happens.
/realui > Modules > Cooldown Count

No idea on the action bars, never seen that before.

Originally Posted by Hwn View Post
I am having a bug with KuiNameplates, where it will reset the font size to 0.64 every time i log in from the size 1 that i usually have it at. Tried reinstalling a fresh download of RealUI but the bus is still there.
No bug.
Go to the Game Menu (bottom left button), click Addon Control, untick Style on KuiNameplates

05-16-13, 12:44 PM   #1533
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Bah, I suck at making videos. Maybe I should hold a video competition, with prize money to the best entry >.>

05-16-13, 05:57 PM   #1534
Gloks
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Bah, I suck at making videos. Maybe I should hold a video competition, with prize money to the best entry >.>
If only I was good at making videos lol.... Anyways here are some bugs that I've been getting.

1x nibRealUI-7.4 r13\Skins\DBM-9413.9413.lua:24: attempt to index global "nibRealUICharacter" (a nil value)
nibRealUI-7.4 r13\Skins\DBM-9413.9413.lua:24: in function "Skin"
nibRealUI-7.4 r13\Skins\DBM-9413.9413.lua:102: in function <nibRealUI\Skins\DBM.lua:99>
(tail call): ?
<in C code>
<string>:"safecall Dispatcher[1]":9: in function <string>:"safecall Dispatcher[1]":5
BigWigs-r10882-release\Libs\AceAddon-3.0\AceAddon-3.0-12.lua:558: in function "EnableAddon"
BigWigs-r10882-release\Libs\AceAddon-3.0\AceAddon-3.0-12.lua:571: in function "EnableAddon"
BigWigs-r10882-release\Libs\AceAddon-3.0\AceAddon-3.0-12.lua:651: in function <BigWigs\Libs\AceAddon-3.0\AceAddon-3.0.lua:636>
<in C code>
FrameXML\UIParent.lua:301: in function "UIParentLoadAddOn"
FrameXML\UIParent.lua:375: in function "TimeManager_LoadUI"
FrameXML\UIParent.lua:713: in function <FrameXML\UIParent.lua:678>

Locals:
nil

-----------

1x FrameXML\WorldMapFrame.lua:251: script ran too long
FrameXML\WorldMapFrame.lua:251: in function <FrameXML\WorldMapFrame.lua:232>
<in C code>
<in C code>
FrameXML\UIParent.lua:1785: in function "SetUIPanel"
FrameXML\UIParent.lua:1590: in function "ShowUIPanel"
FrameXML\UIParent.lua:1516: in function <FrameXML\UIParent.lua:1512>
<in C code>
FrameXML\UIParent.lua:2228: in function "ShowUIPanel"
FrameXML\UIParent.lua:2212: in function "ToggleFrame"
<string>:"TOGGLEWORLDMAP":1: in function <string>:"TOGGLEWORLDMAP":1

Locals:
(*temporary) = "down"
(*temporary) = 1
(*temporary) = -1
(*temporary) = 0
(*temporary) = <func> =[C]:-1

---------------

A bunch of kuinameplate bugs.

1x [ADDON_ACTION_BLOCKED] AddOn "Kui_Nameplates" tried to call the protected function "NamePlate26:Hide()".
!BugGrabber-r188\BugGrabber.lua:588: in function <!BugGrabber\BugGrabber.lua:588>
<in C code>
Kui_Nameplates\layout.lua:856: in function "InitFrame"
Kui_Nameplates\layout.lua:890: in function "?"
Grid-5.2.0.1598-beta\Libs\AceTimer-3.0\AceTimer-3.0-16.lua:41: in function <Grid\Libs\AceTimer-3.0\AceTimer-3.0.lua:36>

Locals:
nil

Ive been getting that same bug but seperate ones. The only thing being different being the "NamePlate 42, , 11, 18, 21, 22, 44:Hide()". Those numbers being related to the bug for each separate report. Dont know if thats anything you can fix.

I've also been getting cstack overflow bugs. I think you may have commented on it before being on blizzards side but if you want to see it, I'll post it a bit later.

Last edited by Gloks : 05-16-13 at 06:12 PM.

05-16-13, 06:00 PM   #1535
Zataneko
A Murloc Raider
Sorry!

Which buttons are still showing for you? It will hide a lot of minimap buttons, but some addons use custom buttons which don't get attached.
Hello, sorry for not answering in... a long time. Forgot to, my bad. I kinda went to download another UI, but I like this one better.
Anyhow, right now the only button that Minimap Button Frame shows is the tracking button. What do I do now? :C I really can't live without that addon, I'm just so used to it! Please help.
Again, sorry for not answering. I feel bad for just asking and then leaving out of the blue.

05-16-13, 06:37 PM   #1536
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Thanks for the error reports Gloks. First one is easy peasy, other two I can't really control.

Originally Posted by Zataneko View Post
Anyhow, right now the only button that Minimap Button Frame shows is the tracking button. What do I do now?
Tracking button? Are you referring to the default UI tracking button that allows you to toggle what the minimap tracks? If so, that's shown at the top-left of the Minimap when you mouse-over the Minimap.

Or is it an addon's button? If so, which addon?

05-16-13, 06:56 PM   #1537
Zataneko
A Murloc Raider
Tracking button? Are you referring to the default UI tracking button that allows you to toggle what the minimap tracks? If so, that's shown at the top-left of the Minimap when you mouse-over the Minimap.

Or is it an addon's button? If so, which addon?
Yes, that's the button I'm talking about. The default one that toggles what the minimap tracks. I also use MinihugeHUD, btw, so I have no minimap. MBF always worked with MinihugeHUD, though.

05-16-13, 07:05 PM   #1538
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Originally Posted by Zataneko View Post
Yes, that's the button I'm talking about. The default one that toggles what the minimap tracks. I also use MinihugeHUD, btw, so I have no minimap. MBF always worked with MinihugeHUD, though.
In that case, you'll probably want to disable Real's Minimap, or at least it's Button Frame option. /realui > Modules > Minimap Adv.

05-16-13, 07:19 PM   #1539
Zataneko
A Murloc Raider
In that case, you'll probably want to disable Real's Minimap, or at least it's Button Frame option. /realui > Modules > Minimap Adv.

Omg! Thank you so much! It worked Thank you very much, love you.

05-17-13, 10:32 AM   #1540
Milinthrak
A Defias Bandit
Hello there-I'm having an issue after doing an update of realui where my minimap, character, target, target of target and focus windows all have duplicate text on them.

Here is a pic of what it looks like. The names are doubled, one being larger and one smaller on all of the character tabs and the minimap coords and mouseover option tabs are doubled as well.

Edit: don't mind my camping trip planning in the chat window. :P

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » RealUI » RealUI