06-03-16, 09:18 AM   #1
VincentSDSH
Non-Canadian Luzer!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
:SetWidth(I_take_it_back)

I think the answer is "harder than getting a dollar back from a politician" but displaying my ignorance hasn't killed me yet.

In order to give font-strings enough room to have their say, I've a window that resizes around them; however, when they get loquacious, it can be hard to see the game.

I had thought to use a conditional max-size (allowing sizes under max) but once one does :SetWidth() the font-string rather takes it to heart and there seems to be nothing I can do to say "look, could you please stop that for a second" short of reloading the UI.

I could cheat and have a sacrificial font-string that is never :SetWidth()-ed so I can get the real size of the text added however then I'd have to track largest size while going through the list then go through it again to downsize if needed (and I'm dead certain I could spent those microseconds being vastly more productive elsewhere).

So...is there a variation of :UnsetWidth()
06-03-16, 09:33 AM   #2
semlar
A Pyroguard Emberseer

SetWidth(0) will essentially unset its width for you.
06-03-16, 10:26 AM   #3
VincentSDSH
Non-Canadian Luzer!

Originally Posted by semlar View Post
SetWidth(0) will essentially unset its width for you.
That was the first thing I tried; things came out this >< big. Maybe I anded-and-ored myself into a 1 or something w/o realizing it.

Thanks.

[Edit: works perfectly...I must need more coffee. Thanks again.]

Last edited by VincentSDSH : 06-03-16 at 10:46 AM.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » :SetWidth(I_take_it_back)