05-10-21, 12:44 PM   #1
jlrm365
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Question Detox - Response

My question is at the bottom.

I PUG +15 Mythic Plus keys and this has been a weirder week than normal. What has been / should be an easy set of affixes (I double-chested a +16 with one group) has proven challenging for some (I wiped on Boss #2 of a dungeon, with another group). I've never understood why some folks will rage quit and then, despite being at fault, will flame the members of that group.

I'd like to cut my chances of having to deal with that kind of nonsense.

This
Detox
Detox filters out toxic chat messages so you can decide if you want to read them.
the player who sent the toxic message is not notified and remains unaware that they were blocked. As such, the sender is unlikely to try evading the Detox filters.

seems like a great addon, but I WANT there to be a response. I understand the author's initial desire for there not to be one, and I don't need any kind of engaging language reflected, but I would like the person to know that the filtered language was filtered.

BadBoy Levels - not better or worse, I hasten to add - handles things as I would like Detox to.
Simply, if a "bad" person whispers you, the whisper is blocked (hidden), then you automatically send them a whisper (also hidden) of what level they must be for you to see their whispers.

Is there an addon like Detox, which will filter abusive chat,
but which will also politely inform (the person who sent the chat that has been filtered) that the chat has been filtered?

Thanks.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Detox - Response