Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
10-24-15, 09:23 PM   #1
Durza1315
A Defias Bandit
Bizarre Inconsistencies in Varied Addons

So I've got a really bizarre issue and it's so strange to me that I can't even figure out how to troubleshoot it or where to start. Here's the deal:

I manage all Addons through Curse.

I used NameplateCooldowns. NameplateCooldowns worked on one character (my Shaman) briefly, then ceased working for everyone. There was great sorrow and I downloaded OmniCC. Then I noticed NameplateCooldowns had an update available. It worked for all characters after the update, and I assumed that was the problem. I stopped using OmniCC. Then, literally with no warning insofar as I can tell (the only correlated event I can determine is the installation of TidyPlates and then WeakAuras) I got some really strange inconsistencies.

TidyPlates refuses to work for my Warlock (Lyronia-EmeraldDream) at all, and after installing it (as best as I can tell?) my NameplateCooldowns stopped working, as did Auctioneer.

Tidyplates does not work for my Shaman (Zaidelus-EmeraldDream) at all, but NameplateCooldowns continues to work exactly as advertised. Auctioneer likely works fine.

Tidyplates does not work for my primary Mage (Herilor-WyrmrestAccord) and neither does NameplateCooldowns.

Tidyplates works for my Mage (Herilor-Barthilas) and while I haven't tested it yet, I have a suspicion that NameplateCooldowns will as well because every addon I have appears to be working there.

OmniCC continues to work for all three.

To shoot down the obvious: checking the addon list from the logon screen before going in game verifies each addon has a golden tick indicating there is not a difference based on some characters having it enabled and others not.

In fairness, I have yet to try uninstalling TidyPlates or WeakAuras to see if the problem goes away. TidyPlates I could do without, it was a thought when I was looking for ways to streamline my Afflock arena gameplay, but WeakAuras I would like to keep as I'm already having great luck tracking some really sticky things like ICDs on Gladiator trinkets, weapon procs, and Incanter's Flow stacks as well as Capacitor Totem charge time on it.

So, how do I troubleshoot this? Please let me know if there is any more information you need, I want to help you help me.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Bizarre Inconsistencies in Varied Addons