05-06-09, 08:46 AM   #1
dementesfa
A Defias Bandit
[Suggestion] Favorites added to Minion

If the Minion requires login, is it possible that the client download the favorite list for addons, previously composed on the website?

This way I will only need to carry Minion on my pendrive, and when playing on a friend's computer I can just fire it without having to worry about remembering what I need.
05-06-09, 08:56 AM   #2
Praesagus
A Theradrim Guardian

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
think so

Originally Posted by dementesfa View Post
If the Minion requires login, is it possible that the client download the favorite list for addons, previously composed on the website?

This way I will only need to carry Minion on my pendrive, and when playing on a friend's computer I can just fire it without having to worry about remembering what I need.
I didn't go back and read all the minion updates again but if I recall, they said that would be one of the features.
05-06-09, 10:57 AM   #3
forty2j
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Originally Posted by Praesagus View Post
I didn't go back and read all the minion updates again but if I recall, they said that would be one of the features.
I don't see this in the FAQ or the screenshots. But I 100% agree that the integration with Favorites in the old updater should be retained in the new one. Often I'll search for some addons & tag them as favorites over lunch at work, and then just run the updater to download them when I get home.
05-06-09, 11:53 AM   #4
Spectro
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

I could've sworn that Shirik said it will not be integrating favorites. I could be wrong though.
05-06-09, 12:12 PM   #5
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
The old client relies on your favorites list in order to work. The new client will not.

Though, I do think that this is a good idea. Even if there were a way to mark an addon as favorite via the client... Perhaps a column of hearts - outlines if not favorited, colored in if they are.

But I'm not the programmer.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

05-06-09, 12:41 PM   #6
dementesfa
A Defias Bandit
I shall never pay for Curse's Premium account just so I don't need to click a couple more buttons, but I would gladly pay for not having to remember all the addons I need.

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Minion » Archive » [Suggestion] Favorites added to Minion