03-10-11, 02:14 PM   #1
adderall
A Murloc Raider
Performance (FPS) issues when Carbonite enabled

Not in dungeons, in open world, I'm noticing that I get about 30fps with Carbonite enabled.

If I disable Carbonite, 60-70 fps.

Interestingly, if I use alt-Z to hide the user interface but leave Carbonite enabled, this brings the FPS to the same 60-70 fps.

What can I do to track down what is causing this? I installed Broker CPU and confirmed that Carbonite is at the top of the addon list, often showing as much as 10% usage. (next addon is using <1% even at peak)

I do have other addons, but I tried disabling all of them one-by-one, and only disabling Carbonite fixes this.

03-11-11, 07:23 AM   #2
Jigain
A Molten Giant

Does it occur when Carbonite is the ONLY addon running? That's the only way to tell if it's Carbonite or if it's another addon running that messes with Carbonite.

Did you update to the most recent Carbonite version? You can find it here on WoWInterface.

In Carbonite's in-game options, what version number is shown?

Do you have the zone map (small Blizzard map of the zone) open? Does your problem go away when you close it?

That's what comes to mind off the top of my head.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Performance (FPS) issues when Carbonite enabled