04-05-06, 07:43 AM   #1
rjbpcpup
A Defias Bandit
Question everquest for wow

has anyone done a everquest2 interface for wow. i would like to have a more familiar interface since i play eq2 alot
02-02-07, 07:48 AM   #2
rjbpcpup
A Defias Bandit
hey guys still wondering about an eq2 style mod for wow. i have switched to wow but find their ui clumsy compared to eq2. anyone know of an eq2 like mod
02-02-07, 08:08 AM   #3
gmillerd
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Such as ... screen shots please?

Yes the WoW dances are lacking.
02-02-07, 12:14 PM   #4
Th3Sourc3
A Fallenroot Satyr
I've never actually seen the Everquest interface, but if you could submit screenshots of a working interface, I could suggest a few things.
02-02-07, 12:21 PM   #5
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
*chuckles*

Ya'll could just press the pretty little EQ2I button up at the top.
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti
02-02-07, 12:32 PM   #6
gmillerd
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
This would be an example of the awesome ui eq2 has , in addtion eq has a insane mdi interface commonly where you just cannot put enough plant life on a widget.

http://www.eq2interface.com/download...bs.php?id=3903

If you look at that interface example, I could 'remove, dont need, get rid of' most of it. I have no need to see what is in my 'character frame' in wow during normal play for example.
02-02-07, 01:19 PM   #7
Wowgamer233
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Gasp

Originally Posted by gmillerd
This would be an example of the awesome ui eq2 has , in addtion eq has a insane mdi interface commonly where you just cannot put enough plant life on a widget.

http://www.eq2interface.com/download...bs.php?id=3903

If you look at that interface example, I could 'remove, dont need, get rid of' most of it. I have no need to see what is in my 'character frame' in wow during normal play for example.
Not sure what I was expecting when I clicked on the link but my response is one of astonishment that the piccy at the end of the link could in any way be considered an "awesome ui". Frankly I find it quite ugly and cluttered. Just my opinion though...
02-02-07, 01:23 PM   #8
Toran
A Nerdscale Dorkin

Premium Member
Agreed - that is one of the worst UIs I have ever seen. Hands down.
02-03-07, 07:30 AM   #9
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Toran
Agreed - that is one of the worst UIs I have ever seen. Hands down.
exact same thing i thought.
02-03-07, 09:29 AM   #10
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
That's nice guys. Goody for you that you think it is ugly. However, that is your opinion, and it really didn't need to be stated. If you don't like it, fine, you don't like it. You don't have to come here going "omg that is so ugly wtf why would anyone want that". Remember the site rules? If no, perhaps you need to go re-read them.

The OP obviously does like something similiar to that, hence the reason they are asking. Different strokes for different folks. If you don't have a constructive comment to make about whether there is anything similiar around for WoW or whether something similiar can be created, then just don't comment.
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti
02-03-07, 09:51 AM   #11
guice
A Cobalt Mageweaver
One of the downfalls in WoW is the out of box ability to customize your UI. This is true; however, WoW's UI is, by far, far more customizable than EQII's UI. WoW's UI just takes a bit more programing experience to modify over the others. It's not just straight XML like EQI or EQII. It's XML and LUA (a real programming language).

If you doubt me, check out: www.discordmods.com
And be sure to look at the User Interfaces section.

Look around a bit more and I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at all the possibilities within the WoW UI.
02-03-07, 09:53 AM   #12
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Sorry for my comment about the EQ interface.

I may not like the EQ UI but I do like the Diablo II interface, the one witht he big cicles for health and mana. But I don't like using discord and I don't think it's updated anyway. So does anyone know of a interface that has the Diablo II unit frames?

Funtoo - Plan 9 - Windows 7
02-03-07, 09:56 AM   #13
guice
A Cobalt Mageweaver
The only mod that I know of that allows you to do such drastic changes to the UI is Discord Art and Discord Unit Frames. Last I herd, they were updated.

http://www.discordmods.com/cgi-bin/s...al&msgnum=1159
02-03-07, 10:03 AM   #14
Saiiyna
An Aku'mai Servant

Originally Posted by Cairenn
That's nice guys. Goody for you that you think it is ugly. However, that is your opinion, and it really didn't need to be stated. If you don't like it, fine, you don't like it. You don't have to come here going "omg that is so ugly wtf why would anyone want that". Remember the site rules? If no, perhaps you need to go re-read them.

The OP obviously does like something similiar to that, hence the reason they are asking. Different strokes for different folks. If you don't have a constructive comment to make about whether there is anything similiar around for WoW or whether something similiar can be created, then just don't comment.
Well Said!!!!
02-03-07, 10:20 AM   #15
gmillerd
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
This is more of a honest EQ2 layout, with the massive "data region" and the letter box-a-like view, replacing 'grid' with a series of boxes that had all your stats like str, int, ap, rap, crit% would be pretty easy if that was needed.

http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/full6806.jpg
02-19-07, 09:31 PM   #16
rjbpcpup
A Defias Bandit
everquest2 for wow

to add to my original post. i think the advantages of the eq2 interface are the multiple hotbars that stack up, map with points of interest especially with map interface addon, ability to assist and heal without changing from assist to target tank for heal and back to assist to dps, large pet bar for health and mana, larger bar for character health and mana, being able to left click on mob and attack with left click on spell instead of right click then left click. i have been playing wow for some time now and i have gotten used to wows interface but eq2 was definitely easier to use. i love my priest but i miss my wards with my eq2 mystic. i dont miss the dumb stuff soe did with the game though.
02-19-07, 09:52 PM   #17
Ghil
A Murloc Raider
ExtremeUI, though not cute by any means, is one of the most useful UI I've seen for EQ2, along with Penta, Fetish and ProfitUI.

but I really miss Penta o_0

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » everquest for wow