06-10-07, 04:32 PM   #1
blast22
A Murloc Raider
Exclamation NEED INFO: Modifying Default Blizzard Unit Frames + 1 Other Thing

Hi Everyone,

I'm looking for information on how to:

- Hide the default portraits on all default unit frames (just the portrait, not the
HP/MP bars.)
- Hide the #1 that shows which hotbar you are using (I hid everything at the bottom
of the default UI with moveanything, but I can't seem to get rid of this hotbar #
that's just floating all by itself at the bottom of the screen.)

Why not a unit frames addon?

- I don't want to use a custom unit frames addon, because I want to keep the
default look of the blizzard unit frames as much as possible, minus the portraits
that are displayed all over the place.

------------------------------

I'm completely new to UI modding, so please respond in n00b form, since I have very little
skill.

Any help that can be offered would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time,
blast22
06-10-07, 04:38 PM   #2
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
bongos for action bars

Funtoo - Plan 9 - Windows 7
06-10-07, 05:13 PM   #3
blast22
A Murloc Raider
I guess I forgot to say that I wasn't looking for a bar mod either, like bongos. I figured everyone would understand I didn't when I said that I was using MoveAnything.

I want to learn the code and what to edit, since there doesn't seem to be any mods out there that simply hide the portrait on the default unit frames. Same with the floating # at the bottom of the screen.

Oh yea, and thx for completely blowing off my first question, Dreadlorde.
06-10-07, 05:39 PM   #4
Saiiyna
An Aku'mai Servant

Originally Posted by blast22
Wow when asking for help isn't it expected that you would be polite?

Saii
06-10-07, 06:09 PM   #5
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by blast22
I didn't blow off your question, From what I read (what you typed) It sounded like you want a bar mod.

I an ceasing from helping you, if you want help from any one don't be a dick.

06-11-07, 12:37 AM   #6
blast22
A Murloc Raider
You're right... I was being a dick. I apologize.

Can you please help me?
06-11-07, 08:48 AM   #7
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
The border around your portrait is part of the border around your health/mana bars. It's all one image. You can hide the portrait itself, but you would be left with an empty circle there. So a UF mod would be your best choice. If you wanted it to have the same look as the default unit frames, then you could grab Discord Unit Frames (DUF) and modify the border image. But DUF is somewhat abandoned - that link is for a fan's ported version to 2.0. But with a mod like ag_UnitFrames or Pitbull you can get the health/mana bars to look similar to how they're displayed in the default UF. It will just be a bit different.

I don't know the name of the frame for that number you want to hide. The number changes depending on what bar 1 is paged to... IMO, you'd be better off with Bartender or another bar mod, too. It will be less of a headache and you might surprise yourself with a sudden wave of creativity in setting up your bars.

MoveAnything is a good mod in all, but I think it uses too much memory and sometimes conflicts with other things.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

06-11-07, 09:52 AM   #8
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

You can hide the portrait with Discord Frame Modifier, you can get it from the link seerah gave.

Apology accepted.

06-11-07, 11:26 AM   #9
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

Visor2 with the Visor2 GUI. Launch the GUI, click (and hold the mouse button) the "Grab" button, drag your mouse over the frame in question and then let go. You can then choose to move or hide the frame. And Visor does not take up much memory. And as Seerah pointed out, if you disable the portrait on the default the Unit Frame you will be left with an empty circle as the frame graphic is one piece. Use a UF mod like ag_UnitFrames or Pitbull (Pitbull would be a good bet). Then just disable the portait with in that. If you use Pitbull you can just delete the modules you do not want to use and thus save some disk space.

Last edited by Zyonin : 06-11-07 at 11:29 AM.
06-12-07, 12:13 AM   #10
blast22
A Murloc Raider
Thank you for all of your replies, I will try out those mods and hopefully make something I like.

I'll get back to you guys, after I try them. Thanks again.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » NEED INFO: Modifying Default Blizzard Unit Frames + 1 Other Thing