03-04-11, 02:50 PM   #1
TrotskyIcepick
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
Looking for MiniMapButtonFrame Replacement

I have MMBF installed with Carbonite and the LUI3 interface mod and I find that MMBF is unable to automatically gather certain buttons, eg. the World Map button needs to be hidden then unhidden in the gathering options before it will display (this needs to be done everytime I log in).

Also, it picks up certain minimap textures and frames from the LUI addon even though these are turned off, (again, they need to be turned on/off to get rid of them).

Ideally I'd like something similar to domino_minimap, but for Bartender (which comes with LUI).

TIA.
03-13-11, 02:08 AM   #2
Crissa
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

SexyMap lets you move the map button, but I haven't exhaustively tested it in combat.

Generally, map buttons are only as moveable as their coder let them be, which is not always a helpful answer.

-Crissa
03-21-11, 06:15 PM   #3
TrotskyIcepick
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
I think the problem may well be Carbonite, and since I can't do without that I'm just putting up with the MMBF issue. Thanks.
03-25-11, 11:56 AM   #4
Jigain
A Molten Giant

Why do you need MMBF, when its functions are native to Carbonite?

03-25-11, 01:21 PM   #5
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Mostly, I think, because MBF is more flexible than the Carbonite button window. I know that's why I use it, anyway.

Originally Posted by TrotskyIcepick View Post
I have MMBF installed with Carbonite and the LUI3 interface mod and I find that MMBF is unable to automatically gather certain buttons, eg. the World Map button needs to be hidden then unhidden in the gathering options before it will display (this needs to be done everytime I log in).

Also, it picks up certain minimap textures and frames from the LUI addon even though these are turned off, (again, they need to be turned on/off to get rid of them).

Ideally I'd like something similar to domino_minimap, but for Bartender (which comes with LUI).

TIA.
The world map button seems to be a Carbonite thing. Even though I have it unchecked in Carbonites options, it still refuses to show up in MBF unless I do the "check, uncheck" thing. Leaving it checked in Carbonite gives the same results, so.... With MBF you can exclude it from gathering certain things, or add certain things. Open your "MinimapButtonFrame" folder and have a look through the "ReadMe" plain text file there. Lotsa good things in there for MBF!!. It might explain how you can get MBF to stop collecting parts of LUI, but if it doesn't you should post to MBF's comments section either here or on Curse.com so Batchlott can maybe straighten it out.

Oh, and Dominos_MINIMAP has absolutely nothing to do with the action bar replacement. It's not even written by the same author. It's meant to be a separate part of the authors UI. I don't know how well it'll interact with Carbonite, though, since it puts the minimap buttons on bars, and if those bars remain attached to the minimap when the maps are merged.....

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Looking for MiniMapButtonFrame Replacement