10-19-06, 03:06 AM   #1
Resilian
A Murloc Raider
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
SimplySerene UI

Shameless plug for my UI. ^^;

Here is my description quoted from my UI page:

This UI is an addon compilation designed to give a fully moveable interface, with minimal memory usage, and complete functionality. Currently it has an Ace2 replacement addon for almost everything, and the addons not replaced are low in memory usage. KC_Items for Auctioneer and Lootlink, oRA and BigWigs for CT_Raid, EQCompare for Equip Compare, the list goes on. Basically it's the UI everyone wants, but it loads faster. >.>;
Link: http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info5380-.html

Tell me what you think!

Note: I've recieved a lot of comments regarding the similarity to my UI and Photek UI. To put these comments at bay..not only does my UI contain at least 20 more addons than Photek's, but the only real comparison is that we both use Ace2..which a ton of UI's are doing. ^^;
10-19-06, 10:43 AM   #2
Andeh
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Originally Posted by Resilian
not only does my UI contain at least 20 more addons than Photek's
thats actually an incentive for me to not use you're UI since I prefere low memory usage, and Photek's already has every addon thats usefull to me.
10-19-06, 01:39 PM   #3
Resilian
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Andeh
thats actually an incentive for me to not use you're UI since I prefere low memory usage, and Photek's already has every addon thats usefull to me.
Yet I still get 27MB memory usage with this UI? Hmm.
10-19-06, 04:42 PM   #4
Andeh
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Originally Posted by Resilian
Yet I still get 27MB memory usage with this UI? Hmm.
my point exactly, i get 17mb with my UI :P
10-19-06, 07:19 PM   #5
Resilian
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Andeh
my point exactly, i get 17mb with my UI :P
Oh, haha. You know what? I was thinking about what my mem usage was with Photek's before he started using complete Ace2. Either way..if I took out Atlas/Atlasloot and some other minor addons I'd probably have lower mem usage as well. But, imo, Atlas and Atlasloot are too nice to give up. Saves a lot of in game thottbot trips. >_>;
10-19-06, 09:02 PM   #6
ravagernl
Proceritate Corporis
Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Mem usage does not matter as much as KiB increasing rate does (as show in fubar).
10-20-06, 05:36 AM   #7
Diurnos
A Cyclonian
yep, you can walk aruond freely even if your mod uses 50mb or 17 mb (its like +50 on the 300 wow is allready using i think 512 is recommended for this game and maybe they will notice), but if you have 5kib increasing rate or 100kib you suddenly lag (at 100 you do).
10-21-06, 08:04 PM   #8
Liera
A Kobold Labourer
Resilian. Awesome set up IMO. I downloaded the mod...using most of it atm, switched a few things around, but either way I have a question. I wanted my chatboxes the way you have em in the screenshot for your UI. My problem is that my text box is below the bottom of my screen and I can't see what I'm typing....while I can type like that it gets annoying.....is there anyway to get it to where the text box is moved when I want to send a message so I can see it? *granted i know this is a general problem, but figured I'd ask here :P*
10-22-06, 04:13 AM   #9
Resilian
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Liera
Resilian. Awesome set up IMO. I downloaded the mod...using most of it atm, switched a few things around, but either way I have a question. I wanted my chatboxes the way you have em in the screenshot for your UI. My problem is that my text box is below the bottom of my screen and I can't see what I'm typing....while I can type like that it gets annoying.....is there anyway to get it to where the text box is moved when I want to send a message so I can see it? *granted i know this is a general problem, but figured I'd ask here :P*
Yes, you use prat for this. Type "/prat editbox position undocked" and it will allow you to move the bar you type in anywhere. Once you have it in a nice location type "/prat editbox locked" and it will lock it in place. Note: Do not use the quotations.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » SimplySerene UI