01-02-08, 12:07 AM   #1
WeeBaby
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Unhappy Issues with leveling mining

OK here's the scoop. I am a level 60 alliance warrior with my mining at 239. I am having a heck of a time trying to level it up. The only thing that does it is mining Mithril and that seems to be hard to find. Am I missing something?? Is there is something else I could be doing?
Please Help

01-02-08, 02:31 AM   #2
MatokEagle
A Defias Bandit

Thumbs up Mining instructors

Have you went to the mining instructor in Booty Bay? He will teach you expert mining. once you get that you should be able to take your mining to 300. then you will need to go to Honor Hold in the Hellfire Pennisula in Outland to get Master Mining.

Lvl 67 Allience Night Elf Hunter
375 Mining
280 Blacksmith ( I know I should be higher here -- working on getting to 70 for the flying mount)
01-02-08, 02:40 AM   #3
WeeBaby
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Thumbs up

Mining instructer in Booty Bay?? First I have heard of it. I will head there now. Thanks!!

01-02-08, 02:59 AM   #4
Tova
A Kobold Labourer
I don't think you're actually missing anything... you just have to hit that mithril until you get to 250. Then you can start on thorium. Yeah mithril is green at your level, but you should still get skillups on most of the nodes you find.

A couple of tours around Badlands and Searing Gorge should do the trick, but you may be in for some competition as you mentioned. Try doing your runs in offpeak times. The ravine in the west, and the cave in the northeast of Badlands are good spots.

You should occasionally find truesilver, which will be a nice bonus cause it should still be orange. Also, in Searing Gorge, you may also get lucky and find some Dark Iron, which I think also will be orange.

Good luck.
01-02-08, 04:05 AM   #5
darkwarrior42
A Kobold Labourer
I find that the hinterlands are also a good place to mine mithril. My standard run goes counter-clockwise starting from Aerie Peak, going into the troll settlemetns, going up from the big troll temple (that used to be all elite) into skulk rock cave, north through where all the dragonkin are and following the edge of the mountains all the way around back to where I started. Usually, by that time a good number of nodes have respawned from the first circuit and I can start over again if I"m so inclined.

I usually get between 15 and 35 ore per circuit that way, with the occasional gold, iron, and truesilver deposit thrown in.
01-02-08, 11:53 PM   #6
MatokEagle
A Defias Bandit

Talking Mining hot spots

Blasted Lands are good.
On'Goro Crater and Tanaris are also a nice hot spot. as is the burning Steeps.
Wintersprings is another place to hit. Badlands also
01-02-08, 11:56 PM   #7
MatokEagle
A Defias Bandit

Mining instructor in BB

The mining instructor in BB is a goblin, I belive that he teaches you some mining but also hit the instructor in IF as well.
--
But the goblin on BB might be a BS teacher on hindsight.
01-03-08, 05:18 AM   #8
Sitanel
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Talking

I used this when I decided to drop Tailoring for Mining (I was young and broke! ) and I managed to cap my Mining in 3 days of casual play

http://www.dreadlords.net/60miner.shtml

Hope that helps
01-03-08, 10:56 AM   #9
Xylan Trueheart
Premium Member
Premium Member
Firstly I ought to know a bit about mining ingame. I have 4 miners in the family (Master Swordsmith, Master Armorsmith, Jewelcrafter and Engineer all 375) to go pass 225 is when you have to see your Mining Instructor. They are in several places like Gadgetstan, Darkshire, etc. including the major cities. Can always look them up on Thottbot and the like. Secondly, as for leveling up no you aren't doing anything wrong just that Mithril is the most viable option at that skill level. For all my mithril needs I found Badlands the best option as the zone layout made it very convenient to do a "circuit" that would cover many of the veins. The other mentioned in this thread are also good choices. Keep in mind the Badlands choice can be crowded with others looking to level up their skills as well. If you are on a courteous server you may happen upon a vein already being hit on. Ask that player if you can take one hit so you can try to get a skill up. Just use patience at this point since there isn't much else you can skill up on (Truesilver is another option but its so rare it's pure luck to hit one of those)

Another point to be taken about hitting veins. Mine them all. Not many folks realize they are not doing others a favor by hitting only once and leaving the remainder for others to hit unless there is another player right there to hit it after you. The way Blizzard set up these veins is there is only a finite amount of veins active in a particular zone at one time. So if you clear what you hit would allow other veins to respawn. Also coming back to a vein you already hit on will not give you a skill up. You need to clear that vein totally to reset your skill up for that particular vein.

To go pass 250 my choice was to mine thorium in Un' Goro. (Rich thorium isn't mineable till 275) This is a great zone to get thorium. The layout is convenient and simple and a circuit can cover the majority of the veins you need. Rich thorium will be yellow well pass 300 once you trained at the forge in Honor Hold in Hellfire Peninsula. Fel iron is next at 300. Used to be great to mine fel iron around the Dark Portal. I was able to go from 300 to 375 in about 2 hours till Blizzard deemed the miners had it too easy and spread out the veins.
01-06-08, 02:14 PM   #10
depotstu
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Did everyone completely forget about the ever popular dark iron in searing gorge and BRD? minable at 230

01-06-08, 02:20 PM   #11
Polarina
A Theradrim Guardian
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Read the forums!

For frowning sakes! Read the damn official forums! -> http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread....13121383&sid=1
01-06-08, 05:13 PM   #12
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
While there are plenty of guides out there, and probably some on the US wow forums as well, not everyone is on the EU servers, Polarina.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » Issues with leveling mining