01-31-16, 07:04 PM   #1
Anims
A Defias Bandit
Post Need an addon made for myself (willing to pay)

Hello, i need someone with advanced experience making addons. I am willing to pay someone to make me an addon. If you want to talk further please pm me or write your email below. Thanks.
01-31-16, 08:36 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Moved to the Search/Requests forum.

That said, you should state what your needs/wants are here. No need to be secretive. That way you'll know if what you want is even possible, people will know what they're getting into before contacting you, and it can be noted how much work/time would need to go into the project.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

01-31-16, 09:23 PM   #3
Anims
A Defias Bandit
Thank you.

I have an addon that allows me to use a macro to scroll-target through party members. I also have an addon that shows me the lowest health party member.
I would like to create an add-on like the first one that allows me to use the data from the second addon and target the lowest health player. People have told me it's not possible but I think it is when you link two add-ons together.

If anyone thinks they can solve this for me that would be great. I play with a steam controller and targeting is tough in large raids.
01-31-16, 09:42 PM   #4
MunkDev
A Scalebane Royal Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Not possible. You can cache the unit frames securely, but not access the health of a specific unit securely, therefore it can't be done. Anything that requires secure execution (targeting, casting spells, changing action page, etc) only has access to a subset of the standard API and it doesn't include things that could be used to automate certain aspects of gameplay. Getting the health of a unit is not included. It would only be possible outside combat, which doesn't really solve your issue.

Last edited by MunkDev : 01-31-16 at 09:45 PM.
02-01-16, 02:48 AM   #5
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Anims View Post
I have an addon that allows me to use a macro to scroll-target through party members. I also have an addon that shows me the lowest health party member.
I would like to create an add-on like the first one that allows me to use the data from the second addon and target the lowest health player. People have told me it's not possible but I think it is when you link two add-ons together.
Just because one addon can cycle through party members and another can show you who has the lowest health doesn't mean these features can be combined in the way that you requested. Every addon can show, hide, and/or modify textures freely, but it's a completely different situation when it comes to targeting. In order to manipulate the player's target, the addon has to run through an extremely restrictive process Blizzard developed specifically to prevent automation like this.

Last edited by SDPhantom : 02-01-16 at 03:45 AM.
02-01-16, 08:11 AM   #6
Anims
A Defias Bandit
Hey guys, thanks for the reply. So are you saying it's impossible or it's hard to do?
02-01-16, 08:14 AM   #7
p3lim
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Anims View Post
Hey guys, thanks for the reply. So are you saying it's impossible or it's hard to do?
Intentionally impossible, read the replies.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Need an addon made for myself (willing to pay)