03-25-08, 06:23 PM   #1
mozulo
Premium Member

Premium Member
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Ace3 major addon changes!!

I have just been reading up over at Ace's website about Ace3 looks very good
http://www.wowace.com/wiki/Ace3

Now does this mean that all Ace addons are going to use this new system and none Ace addons? also where does leave Ace2 will this still be needed untill the addon authors have updated their addons to this new system?

any feedback would be great

03-25-08, 08:27 PM   #2
Rigorous
Noggenfogger Anonymous

if you get your Ace-based mods from this site, you don't need to worry about it. if you get them from files.wowace.com, you don't need to worry about it. if you get them with WAU or another "updater" (and it is setup properly, which if you are using it now and you don't have problems, i would assume it is), you don't need to worry about it.

if a mod needs Ace3 and/or libs, you'll get what you need.

and no, older Ace/Ace2 mods won't automagically need Ace3, unless they are updated/changed to use Ace3 instead of Ace/Ace2 (and likely only some small percentage of authors will feel the need to do this).

disclaimer: this is my reasonably-informed understanding of the Ace framework, if it is incorrect, someone (read: Seerah) will undoubtedly correct it.
"I guess I kinda lost control, because in the middle of the play I ran up and lit the evil puppet villain on fire. No, I didn't. Just kidding. I just said that to help illustrate one of the human emotions, which is freaking out. Another emotion is greed, as when you kill someone for money, or something like that. Another emotion is generosity, as when you pay someone double what he paid for his stupid puppet." - Jack Handy
03-25-08, 08:43 PM   #3
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
No need for corrections, Rigorous. If you aren't a developer or don't run standalone libraries, you don't even need to know what a library is.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

03-25-08, 09:19 PM   #4
Rigorous
Noggenfogger Anonymous

>>>> <<<<

Last edited by Rigorous : 03-25-08 at 09:40 PM.
03-25-08, 09:41 PM   #5
mozulo
Premium Member

Premium Member
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Ok thanks for the replys still reading up

04-06-08, 06:46 PM   #6
BoJlk
A Murloc Raider

Forgive me for ignorance but is Ace3 is still in development?
The latest patch 2.4 seems using the Ace3 for the interface option box.

And how would i know when to upgrade to the new Ace3 mods?
04-06-08, 06:56 PM   #7
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Blizzard doesn't use Ace3. Ace3 is still in development, but there are more and more mods written with it. Again, though, users don't need to worry about libraries.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

04-07-08, 09:16 PM   #8
jonathon
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
Blizzard doesn't use Ace3. Ace3 is still in development, but there are more and more mods written with it. Again, though, users don't need to worry about libraries.

some examples are omen and underthehood...

But yeah, like everyone has said, the average user has nothing to worry about...
04-08-08, 12:12 PM   #9
Jayhawk
Premium Member

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Looks...interesting.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Ace3 major addon changes!!