04-06-09, 06:35 AM   #1
Glocknine
A Murloc Raider

Tracking Nearest quest and trail to that spot?

Hi just like to say im very please on this quest mod!! Ive been a questhelper user for long and i just change to carbonite!!

seems very nice but one thing im, looking is,..is there any way to make carbonite track quests that is nearest to you? like it point out a trail to that quest? i tried clicking the Autotrack but its giving me the quest on the most top of my quest log instead of the quest nearest to me.

as well as when mouseover a mob that drops a quest item that needed or mob that needs to be kill, it will show on the tooltip?

04-06-09, 04:35 PM   #2
Temptress
A Fallenroot Satyr
Normally autotrack tracks the quest closest to you for turn-in or in-progress. I'm not sure why it wouldn't be working.

04-06-09, 07:47 PM   #3
wreck
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
If you look at the Carbonite quest tracker you will see some small sphere shaped buttons at the top. Clicking one of them will turn on automatic waypoints to the nearest quest. For some reason this option does not stay on when you log out and back in. You have to turn it on each time.

04-07-09, 07:14 AM   #4
Glocknine
A Murloc Raider

i have tried that! the pink sphere which says on the tooltip Autotrack, but the thing is it will track the quest on the top of my list instead of the quest that is near me! like quest near me is around 20 yards but since the quest on my log is around 800 yards away it points me there instead to the 20 yards area...

and 1 more thing how do you disable the flightmaster icon on the minimap? as well as anyway possible when mouseovering a mob for quest will indicate in the tooltip?

Last edited by Glocknine : 04-07-09 at 07:21 AM.

04-07-09, 08:45 AM   #5
Spahut
A Cobalt Mageweaver
I'm seeing the same thing. On one account it shows the nearest quest, on another account it shows one faaar away.
And the settings of Carbonite are the same.

Now, of course I can set "hide quests not in zone" - but its odd that the same settings produce different results...

04-07-09, 04:27 PM   #6
Haavok
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Glocknine View Post
seems very nice but one thing im, looking is,..is there any way to make carbonite track quests that is nearest to you? like it point out a trail to that quest? i tried clicking the Autotrack but its giving me the quest on the most top of my quest log instead of the quest nearest to me.
The quests are always sorted with the closest at the top. If you have auto-tracking on it should always be tracking an objective from the top quest in the list.

Do you have the quest areas turned on? i.e. does it show the shaded objective areas on your map or just an icon that shows the area when you mouse over it? If you have the quest areas turned off it can sometimes get confusing as to what you are tracking and what really is closest.

Also, if you change the priority values (on the tracker toolbar), it will sort based on criteria other than just distance. Those options need an overhaul at some point as they can be very confusing. I would recommend keeping them at their default values unless you're really sure you know what you are doing

Last edited by Haavok : 04-07-09 at 04:45 PM.

04-08-09, 06:29 AM   #7
Spahut
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Originally Posted by Haavok View Post
The quests are always sorted with the closest at the top.
In that case there is a bug, because at the top of the list i saw a quest on another continent.

04-08-09, 07:31 AM   #8
Glocknine
A Murloc Raider

ok after dozens of relog it works and how about the icons of the windrider and town/inn/mailbox/stone,,,, is there a way to remove that? kind a annoying to see if your in a small town

plus showing the name of your location in your minimap? like in icecrown if you enter those big building it has it own name ex: halls of the ancient, coz for me it only showing the general name of the map im currently in! like if im icecrown it doesnt change to the subareas of icecrown

Last edited by Glocknine : 04-08-09 at 07:50 AM.

04-08-09, 01:07 PM   #9
Spahut
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Originally Posted by Haavok View Post
The quests are always sorted with the closest at the top.
Right now for instance, this is the distance of quests in the quest watch on one of my characters:

* 3.K yds
* 1.6k Yds
* 2.6K yds
* 2.5 yds

04-14-09, 05:38 AM   #10
Glocknine
A Murloc Raider

all good now! quest tracking works as well as showing subzones of a area!!!
though the minimap is a bit buggy!! if im inside caves or sewers of dalaran it is not showing the map for that instead the ground level of dalran

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Tracking Nearest quest and trail to that spot?