09-03-12, 12:55 PM   #21
ricia
A Kobold Labourer
i want to add my thanks to everyone else's .. i hadn't realised how much i depended on carbonite till it wasn't there, i've tried downloading other addons but they are not the same so now going to try again with Rythol's adaptations.. many thanks

09-03-12, 01:47 PM   #22
bigsleepy121
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Omg Thank You

THANKS you verry much

09-03-12, 05:39 PM   #23
Twink
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
I broke my years long silence on here to help save you time by answering the more simple querys that get posted

09-03-12, 06:02 PM   #24
FearNLoathing
A Defias Bandit
Thank you Rythal, when an addon that many of us consider a core part of our gaming experience was in jeopardy due to neglect and possible abandonment, you stepped up and donated your own time (in great quantity) so that we all would benefit.

You're an asset to the wow community, and from what I can see an all around good guy. Thanks again!

09-03-12, 06:04 PM   #25
nexusguard
A Murloc Raider
CARBONITE ... best all-in-one addon for wow

hey would luv to have rythal instead adding to the dev teams and possibly work on a code that will clean up alot fo the clutter maybe since wow has changed just about 90% of the game once again ... once i found carbonite lite back in 08, i have luved no other map addon i even dropped cartographer... and i can use gather with it, and i like the fact i can size the quest log .. only problem ever i have had was getting the social thing to work properly .. though i dont use carbonites version so i dont knwo if its been worked on or what .. also i wil say this is an addon that blizzard has taken alot of of the quest tracker from carbonites brilliant idea ... though i still like carbonites quest tracker mainly cause i can size and make transparent to as clear as i want .. blizzards font may be nicer but its clearly still buggy .... and CARBONITE thought of it first ... PLEASE update and add rythal to the team

09-04-12, 09:33 AM   #26
pekira
A Defias Bandit
Thank You Thank You!!!

big HUG!

09-05-12, 08:09 PM   #27
jwmsd1
A Defias Bandit
Thumbs up Thank you

I am lost without carbinate. Thank you for your great work.

09-05-12, 11:02 PM   #28
flesyMeM
A Murloc Raider
Even though I ultimately decided to just drop Carbonite in favor of other add-ons which do almost everything Carbonite does (and often do it better), just wanted to say thanks for all your efforts Rythal!

09-06-12, 09:20 AM   #29
Temptress
A Fallenroot Satyr
Thank You

I'd like to thank you for updating carbonite to a working state. At your request I made a small donation to the original developers maybe they'll rethink they're plans and I sent you a donation as well for keeping carbonite alive.

Sincerely
Fathima Hernandez aka Temptress@Feathermoon

P.S. If carbonite is abandoned maybe you should consider building your own mod.

09-06-12, 11:36 AM   #30
Horla
A Defias Bandit
Thank you very much!
Greetings from Germany,
Horla

09-07-12, 05:20 PM   #31
Xcari
A Fallenroot Satyr
Thanks so much Rythal!
Those who want to provide a small donation in thanks can do so easily via Paypal. The link
https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/send-money-online has an easy to follow process! Rythal's email for the donations is [email protected]

Last edited by Xcari : 09-07-12 at 05:23 PM.

09-07-12, 05:46 PM   #32
skyesfury
An Aku'mai Servant
Indeed, a massive THANK YOU to Rythal! I know little bits of code, enough to change a line or two here and there to get the result I want; nothing remotely as much as Rythal does, though. So thank you, from a long time fellow user of Carbonite, for undertaking the work involved in keeping this outstanding add on going!!

09-09-12, 09:08 PM   #33
WeaveDiva
An Aku'mai Servant

A HUGE thanks!!!! (yeah i already sent you a PM earlier) but now that i see a thread, it may as well be here too! you've set the carbonite world on fire! or at least put a fire under someone's buttocks, lol...i hope they see some value in your work and put you on the team if it's true the author no longer plays.

Cheers and thanks for making the last couple of weeks playable again...and to the original author(s), if you're reading too, i've sent a 'trial donation' in good faith hoping you stick with the project, or if you cannot, please hand over the reins to this guy here! thanks to you both for all your work past and present...this add-on is invaluable!

09-10-12, 02:19 AM   #34
Caremsis
A Fallenroot Satyr
Thanks Rythal!

09-10-12, 08:51 AM   #35
kittykatmax
A Fallenroot Satyr

Thanks, Rythal for all of your hard work; I'm just sorry it went to waste. I was excited to finally be able to use Carbonite again after abandoning it years ago because it was buggy and in need of a real update - not just a tiny bandaid to allow it to half-heartedly creep along such as it has the past few years.

I'm sorry I didn't grab your version before you took it down.

09-10-12, 09:45 AM   #36
VincentSDSH
Non-Canadian Luzer!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Rythal, you, sir, are a gem to the community. You are worth 100 of the sods who now pretend to keep this project alive. You have my deepest thanks for jumping in to save the day.

09-10-12, 03:33 PM   #37
LothwenTLU
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Thank you for your hard work, and I'm looking forward to seeing what you can do when you're starting from scratch with your own way of doing things.

09-10-12, 04:26 PM   #38
DJ Particle
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

I thank Rythal as well, and I will continue to use Rythal's update until and unless the main update gets stable again.

Personally, I think this whole mess could be easily solved by having Carbon Based Creations add Rythal as an official dev for them, and then work from the fan update he made. Rythal can code, he's still actively playing the game, he's still in the community at large...

...and it could re-foster good vibes between the end users and the devs, which is sorely needed right now.

Why not? Granted, it would mean Rythal's changes would have to be looked over by the main devs, but I trust the time to do that is far less involved than actively coding.

Devs, if you're reading this: Please consider this.

09-10-12, 05:13 PM   #39
ezarra
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Thanks Rythal, I'll be looking for your add ons in the future, and will be running your *working* fan update of Carbonite until it breaks. If you need help testing, let me know. I'm no great shakes at LUA programming anymore (the last real add-on I did was in 2.0!), but i'll be happy to alpha test and look at code.

09-11-12, 01:44 AM   #40
MADhase
A Defias Bandit
Thumbs up Thank You

Thank you Rythal... I should have made a backup of your work

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » The Rythal thank you thread