12-06-07, 12:10 PM   #1
harve9
A Defias Bandit
co-pilot mad

con someone make me a mod where i can communicate with my non player freind who can see my screen and map, and he can direct me useing a mic?
12-06-07, 12:22 PM   #2
mikma
A Cyclonian

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
That's cheating. L2play.
12-06-07, 12:23 PM   #3
harve9
A Defias Bandit
why are you on here then??
12-06-07, 12:33 PM   #4
Galinn
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
answering useless questions about useless ppl like you?!
12-06-07, 12:39 PM   #5
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

The only way your friend would see your screen is to either be in the room with you makiing such a mod pointless (assuming it can even be made which i dont believe it can) or they would have to have a split feed off your monitor as all the info on your screen comes from the server and over any distance that would require a mic to be necessary is bound to be delayed in transmission.

This is aside from practicle applications being limited to something say like pvp where it would certainly be cheating.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor
12-06-07, 01:25 PM   #6
ReverendD
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

Originally Posted by harve9
con someone make me a mod where i can communicate with my non player friend who can see my screen and map, and he can direct me using a mic?
Don't understand, if he can see your screen why cant he communicate with you? Vent or TeamSpeak will allow that, or just pick up the phone. Issue resolved.
12-06-07, 01:27 PM   #7
harve9
A Defias Bandit
thanks anyway
12-06-07, 07:28 PM   #8
Gemini_II
A Molten Giant

Agree with the ReverendD.

But as to your request... no mod would be able to pipe your game output to another computer. Aside from the hardware limitations that Midget mentioned, Blizzard would have a fit (rightfully so) and label it cheating/hacking.

12-06-07, 11:15 PM   #9
ReverendD
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

I don't really see how someone telling him what to do would constitute cheating. I don't think its against the ToS to give someone tips, nor allow someone to watch or tell you what to do. Its not a bot, it isn't interfacing with the game in a way to allow the player an advantage. I just really do not understand the request, since they way I read it the person can already see the game action. Communication is just as easy as using a phone or some voice chat.

Now, if the issue is the person can not see the game action in order to offer help then look into RealVNC or FreeVNC, cant recall correct name. It is just a matter of a remote connection. That will give someone the ability to watch or play remotely. Graphics will be greatly diminished however.
Communication is covered above.

No mods are needed to do this as software will allow it to happen, and like I said, I don't see this being any type of cheat.
12-07-07, 01:11 PM   #10
Rigorous
Noggenfogger Anonymous

yeah ... PCAnywhere would also let someone else watch you play or play themselves from their computer on yours (albeit likely with *extremely* choppy graphics).

i don't really see how that could be construed as "cheating" as it's simply "broadcasting" a view of your screen to remote computer and allows input on the host. it would be essentially no different from someone standing next to you while you played.
"I guess I kinda lost control, because in the middle of the play I ran up and lit the evil puppet villain on fire. No, I didn't. Just kidding. I just said that to help illustrate one of the human emotions, which is freaking out. Another emotion is greed, as when you kill someone for money, or something like that. Another emotion is generosity, as when you pay someone double what he paid for his stupid puppet." - Jack Handy
12-07-07, 01:56 PM   #11
Wowgamer233
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Agreed...

Originally Posted by Rigorous
yeah ... PCAnywhere would also let someone else watch you play or play themselves from their computer on yours (albeit likely with *extremely* choppy graphics).

i don't really see how that could be construed as "cheating" as it's simply "broadcasting" a view of your screen to remote computer and allows input on the host. it would be essentially no different from someone standing next to you while you played.
While the actual request is incredibly vague, thus preventing anything more than confusion, speculation and calls for "stop cheating", this is nothing worse than putting the PC output on a wall via a projector and people shouting out "Go left. Look out for the Murloc noob." etc.

A phone, TeamSpeak or being in the same room would be so very much easier than us trying to work out what on earth the OP meant.
12-07-07, 07:48 PM   #12
Gemini_II
A Molten Giant

Looking at it from that perspective, I concede it wouldn't be cheating. I was just jumping to conclusions and assuming the worst... if you could imagine being able to pipe game/program output to someone else's rig, then it could theoretically work the other way (thinking real-time, not delayed). I'm just getting paranoid and pessimistic in my old age, lol.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » co-pilot mad