12-03-10, 11:35 AM   #1
ZarP
A Defias Bandit
Shaded (colored) Area for Quests

I have used Carbonite previously some but I could be considered a newbie with it. I had it installed before and just installed the latest version for the latest patch.

I recall that when I used it before, when I was doing quests where you had to do something in an area, like killing something, the area of both the main map and the small map where that quest could be done would be shaded, like blue or pink or something. For instance, if I was on the daily fishing quest in Outland to catch the bloated fish to find the shrimps in Zangarmarsh, the map and the mini-map would shade all the lakes in Zangarmarsh where the fish could be caught.

I have looked at all the options trying to figure out if one of those options is not enabled but I can't figure out how to show these shaded areas now, like they were shown when I used the addon before. Is this an option that I am missing or is this a feature that was removed in the latest version?

Thanks in advance.

12-03-10, 11:45 AM   #2
Chilaili
A Defias Bandit
I got the same problem. Now I actually have to use the WoW Quest Tracker, cause it at least shows the areas, was so much better when you were able to see it on the minimap though. Isn't there anyone who knows how to change it?

12-03-10, 12:06 PM   #3
ZarP
A Defias Bandit
Well, now that I have read a few more topics, is it possible that these shaded areas were part of the database that has been wiped? If that's the case, I suppose that we will have to wait until the version with a database is ready.

12-03-10, 12:07 PM   #4
Haavok
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Yes, we should have quest areas & starters for many of the quests in our release around the 12th.

http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=37173

12-03-10, 12:11 PM   #5
ZarP
A Defias Bandit
Thank you. I will try that once I get a chance to log into the game and see if that helps.

12-08-10, 08:08 PM   #6
Hurk
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Haavok View Post
Yes, we should have quest areas & starters for many of the quests in our release around the 12th.

http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=37173
does this include data for BC and wrath content? wrath no longer shows shaded areas for me.

12-08-10, 10:33 PM   #7
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

Originally Posted by Hurk View Post
does this include data for BC and wrath content? wrath no longer shows shaded areas for me.
Yes, it does. When they deleted the database, *all* of the quest areas were scrubbed (I'm guessing it's an all-or-nothing thing) and therefore the new database will include those areas.

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn

12-10-10, 09:59 PM   #8
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Quests for all zones will be added to the database.

04-18-11, 06:23 AM   #9
Aranission
A Defias Bandit
Quest Areas?

I see you guys were working on getting the databases updated back in December. It's now the middle of April and I can't seem to find whether the databases have been updated. Am i missing something or are we still waiting?

Thanks!

**EDIT** Ok, so it appears the new version seems to have included this info. Thanks so much!

Last edited by Aranission : 04-18-11 at 06:30 AM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Shaded (colored) Area for Quests