08-08-08, 08:14 PM   #1
Telo
A Murloc Raider
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
LootLink user feedback thread

This thread is for user feedback for Telo's LootLink Addon.
08-08-08, 08:19 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Welcome to the site, Telo. Lootlink and InfoBar were my first addons years and years ago.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

08-09-08, 04:29 AM   #3
Mera
Retired of WoW, In ESO :)

Premium Member
using ItemSync right know but I remember I liked yours so, just a Ace rep preference
Mera[xeh]? - La CroisadeEcarlate (wow)
10-18-08, 10:56 AM   #4
zanoc
A Kobold Labourer
Can the feature be added so that when typing in chat, i can type "wow, look at this [Epic Loots]! " and it show as an actual link? I find it time consuming to search the database and right click the link...

Alternately, an auto complete feature triggered by typing [ then the name of an item in the database. so, id type [felc and it would auto complete to [felcloth] or whatever item is first in database, and to indicate i agree with the auto complete, id hit tab, or keep typing until i get the right item or reach the end of the items name and thus type a finishing ]. if the item isn't found, no link would need to attach.
11-27-08, 12:33 PM   #5
jtbalogh
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Would there be a chance to get a database update with the pre-BC and BC? And another database later with the new wotlk? I tried to load the old database you had from 2007 so I at least have something, but the list ends up with only 100 items. Thanks
11-13-10, 06:59 PM   #6
spamspam
A Murloc Raider
Arrow

Can you post link to this addon from your blizzard forums thread?
11-14-10, 04:33 AM   #7
v6o
An Onyxian Warder
Originally Posted by spamspam View Post
Can you post link to this addon from your blizzard forums thread?
I don't think he's updated that post in a long long time. You can find it here http://www.wowinterface.com/download...-LootLink.html

If you need to contact me, do so on Twitter @v6ooo

Best regards, v6.
11-16-10, 05:10 AM   #8
spamspam
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by v6o View Post
I don't think he's updated that post in a long long time. You can find it here http://www.wowinterface.com/download...-LootLink.html
If you google more you can find that Telo HAD updated his every post with link to new one. Link from my message was his last post.
I just wanna know if Telo from wowinterface and old one is same person.
I see blue posts, forums going read-only so he has like single day to make it. Every unpaid account got 7 free days of play so it won't be so difficult.
11-16-10, 07:46 AM   #9
Nobgul
A Molten Giant

The latest version can be found here.

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...-LootLink.html
11-16-10, 03:38 PM   #10
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
And yes, the Telo there and the Telo here are the same person, and the addons are the same addons.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

01-31-11, 01:09 PM   #11
Ventrik101
A Kobold Labourer
Replying in this thread rather than comment on the page itself.

I noticed this as well, and what you are seeing, or rather in this case /not/ seeing. Is that when you mouse over an item it is being added into the database for the loot tables. It seems that it will let you view the first person normally. However, by the time you are done quickly mousing over their items as to 'scan' them in to the tables it is still adding the items by the time you go to the next person. You aren't seeing the items on the next inspect because LootLink is still writing the database for the first inspect, then it will queue those items you aren't seeing (yet) in. But then you probably did as I did and opened an inspect with everyone around you. Well, that queues them too.

It's the AddOn having some major lag issues writing it's tables.

Also I know back when I last played (like patch 1.6 or so) LL also (IIRC) would passively scan those in the area and add their items to the database, if it still does that I'd bet that adds to this lag.

Originally posted by Athan
I finally got around to tracking down why when I mouseover an item when inspecting someone I see only 'Head' or 'Shoulder' in the tooltip.

Telo's LootLink proved to be the culprit (disable it and I can inspect multiple people without problems, re-enable and I might be able to inspect one OK, but then subsequent ones don't work).

I do have a lot of other addons installed, but toggling other likely suspects off (like FishingBuddy OutfitFrame, my first suspect) didn't help.

Anything I can do to help debug this ?

I'm using LootLink-4.01.4.zip (latest download here on WoWInterface as I type).

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » LootLink user feedback thread