09-02-07, 03:26 PM   #461
Gogusrl
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
i attached my perfectraid.lua file. i did a lot of modifications and don`t remember them all
remove the txt from the end of the file and then use winrar to extract it.
Attached Files
File Type: txt PerfectRaid.rar.txt (6.3 KB, 673 views)
09-09-07, 05:09 AM   #462
JezebelUK
A Kobold Labourer
Hi Gogusrl,

1st off - I love your modifications great work! Ok now since i used them the last 2 raids i have to problems, maybe you or someone can point me in the right direction.

1. The status of the player doesnt get updated anymore. This happens mostly with "offline". I have a raid - people drop - and i still see them in the praid-window like before. As soon as i enter /praid and save it becomes updated and they show as offline - but not automatically.

2. No matter what i do - the group numbers wont display anymore.

Help would be appreciated !

Thanks
09-10-07, 01:45 AM   #463
RonnieW
A Murloc Raider

i just have 1 question/request would it be possible to add a "configuration mode" with that i mean just a box i can check that makes fake bars so i can position them while not in a raid.
Dont bother if it's a lot of work, i just leech AV a bit while doing it now

ps. I love your work (clique / praid )
09-10-07, 06:01 AM   #464
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
At the moment, I don't really have plans to do this because of the secure templates.
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."
09-10-07, 06:43 AM   #465
Nicci
A Kobold Labourer
Hello
I really love the raid frames!
Is there any way to show the player's tooltip when I mouseover a raid frame?

Thank you for the time and work you put into making this addon, it's great

Nicci
09-10-07, 06:45 AM   #466
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Not currently available as an option, no.
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."
09-11-07, 09:59 AM   #467
Geboran
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard
Question

Ok.... so I have been testing out various raid frame addons out there, and still like the look and feel of PerfectRaid, but would like to be able to adjust the layout configuration to more of a "Grid" style.

In essence, I want to be able to:
  1. Move the player names (colored by Class) inside the Health Bar
  2. Adjust the bar size to not be quite as wide (to conserve screen "real estate")
  3. Line the frames out in a more "Grid-like" manner, with break headers by Group (or Class)
  4. Adjust the overall scale as needed to make either smaller or larger.

How much of this is possible as the addon is currently coded?

Does anyone have a "modified" version that could do some, most, or all of these various functions?

I know jack-diddly-squat regarding LUA and coding, but would love to see this functionality with PerfectRaid.

If the functionality is there for some or all of these options, please line out how I might be able to achieve configuring my layout.

Thank you in advance.
Stormreaver (US), Alliance
09-11-07, 10:26 AM   #468
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Geboran
Ok.... so I have been testing out various raid frame addons out there, and still like the look and feel of PerfectRaid, but would like to be able to adjust the layout configuration to more of a "Grid" style.

In essence, I want to be able to:
  1. Move the player names (colored by Class) inside the Health Bar
  2. Adjust the bar size to not be quite as wide (to conserve screen "real estate")
  3. Line the frames out in a more "Grid-like" manner, with break headers by Group (or Class)
  4. Adjust the overall scale as needed to make either smaller or larger.
3 and 4 can be done purely through the in-game configuration.
09-11-07, 06:46 PM   #469
saffire
A Murloc Raider
Cant find this anywhere but im horrible at forum searches.

Is there a way to create a custom group from player names? Idea being to create a Main Tank group.
09-11-07, 06:51 PM   #470
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Not currently, no. There will be during the next update, in some form.
10-08-07, 01:12 PM   #471
Carew
A Murloc Raider
Is there any way to change the transparency level of the backdrop? I would like to set it to 0% transparency as I find it a bit distracting in raids.

Can't find anything in this thread or the customisation thread but if I haven't looked properly then I apologise in advance.

Apart from this, PerfectRaid is an excellent add-on. Thank you very much.
10-08-07, 01:14 PM   #472
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
You would need to edit the code to do that.
10-08-07, 01:19 PM   #473
Carew
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Cladhaire
You would need to edit the code to do that.
I had a quick look through some of the LUA files but as I am currently in a raid I wasn't able to work out what to edit.

I can edit it if you tell me what to edit or point me in the right direction.
10-08-07, 01:21 PM   #474
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
PerfectRaid.lua:308:

if options.hBackdrop then
frame.bg:SetBackdrop(frame.backdrop)
frame.bg:SetBackdropColor(0,0,0,.7)
frame.bg:SetBackdropBorderColor(0,0,0,.7)
else
frame.bg:SetBackdrop(nil)
end

Change the .7 to whatever alpha value you'd like to apply.
10-08-07, 01:37 PM   #475
Carew
A Murloc Raider
Setting it to 1 has produced the result I was looking for. Thanks!
10-22-07, 07:14 AM   #476
Seyss
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I'm having a problem with Perfect Raid.

I set my frame to show all groups and classes and it shows all players from the raid just fine.

But when I join a 5-man instance or an arena team it doesn't show anything, so I have to go to the frame options and enable the "PARTY" option.

Is there a way to set Perfect Raid to display whoever is in my group/raid without having to select/deselect "PARTY" all the time?

Thanks.
10-22-07, 07:17 AM   #477
Seyss
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Oh I guess not.. I found the Author saying:

"Not at the moment, but you can make a party frame, and disable it when you are in a raid. I'll get this ability in the next update possible."

10-22-07, 08:19 AM   #478
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Seyss
Oh I guess not.. I found the Author saying:

"Not at the moment, but you can make a party frame, and disable it when you are in a raid. I'll get this ability in the next update possible."

Why is that an unacceptable solution for the time being? Make a second raid frame, with the party flag checked, and disable it when you don't want to see it.
10-22-07, 09:13 AM   #479
lilkanyon
A Defias Bandit
I took what really seemed the easy way out on making thise raid format look something like what I'm used to. I just added the groups 1 by 1. Ex..
4 etc..taht way everything was easily set up into groups I could move anywhre I needed to. I have not fully explored all the options yet on this addon since I have yet to raid with it and used a few AV's to tweak it properly. But I do love the range finder, not as laggy as x-perl and the buff notice next to the bars is great.

Righty now all the char names are to the left of the bars..is that changeable cuz I have to spread my columns a bit wider then I would like so the names don't overlap the bars. But other then that minor issue I love this mod. Made AV so simple to heal and I believe it will do the same for me in raids ty again
10-29-07, 04:53 PM   #480
smeltn
A Fallenroot Satyr

I have a question..

Is there a way for me to be able to stick the frame closer to the corner of the screen..Currently it sticks about 1-2 inches out and will not get any closer.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Cladhaire's Mods » PerfectRaid 2.0 Discussion/Help