11-18-10, 08:05 PM   #81
Dramber
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

I think I may have found the problem Xrystal.
At least: I THINK this is the problem (and if not it's probably a good place to start).

I spent a bit of time on this issue this morning and it turns out that this is not a new issue at all i.e. I've now seen reports detailing this very issue dated as early as 2007 when the issue first became apparent with IE7. It would appear that it has something to do with PHP, a thing called 'zlib compression', and IE download requests.

From what I gather: the default zlib compression ON THE SITE can cause a WinZip file to get compressed TWICE using the zlib compression.

Here is an exact quote that I found:

Turning off the default php zlib compression for IE browser download requests (and letting header content-length default to chunks) fixes the corrupted zip problem.
Here is a link:

http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss....&parent=599707

(Just continue to log in as a guest and you'll have access to the thread).

And another one:

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r176...s-not~start=20 Look for severach's post halfway down the page.

Alternatively: use Google and search for some key phrases from the above quote and you'll find many references to this issue.

What I DO NOT understand is that it appears to affect various different combinations of IE7/IE8/XP/XP Home/Vista etc. It does not seem to affect ALL users ALL of the time.

From what I gather it's a 'server side' fix.

-Napoleon Dynamage

11-18-10, 09:59 PM   #82
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Blanckaert View Post
ok... with window 7, I 'saved' to a directory, then had to right click, and 'extract here', then click and rename the extracted file to .zip, then was able to right click, to extract file.

* windows 7 said it cant, and also then said it was an empty file, had to 'force' it to unzip. *

But still my other question, as I didnt see where it said to put the file, just in the interface\addons or in \nui\ directory ?

I got the file though....
Yes, treat it as any other addon or plugin we do for nUI .. so interface/addons

11-19-10, 07:40 AM   #83
schmitty
A Cliff Giant

Exclamation

OK, after reading the posts that were linked earlier. Apparently, there is a problem with Internet Explorer when using HTTP 1.1 connections, so try disabling by going to
Tools => Internet Options => Advanced => HTTP 1.1 settings => Use HTTP 1.1
and
Tools => Internet Options => Advanced => HTTP 1.1 settings => Use HTTP 1.1 through proxy connections
if you're connecting via a proxy server

*Note: you will have to restart Internet Explorer before this change will take effect.

Last edited by schmitty : 11-19-10 at 07:46 AM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Bug Reports » Temporary Fix to new class bars