09-14-13, 02:22 PM   #1
crazzzzi
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

bug with new cooking quest

found an issue with the last part of the new cooking questline. when you're doing the last quest, which has you running a noodle stand, it should be changing to the large rectangular vehicle bar in the bottom centre of the screen you all had trouble nailing down awhile back. when nUi is active only button 1 shows on the action bar. i am using the latest version of 5, i have not had a chance to try it on 6. thx for all the hard work, can't wait for 6 to go to beta

09-16-13, 05:57 AM   #2
Belechannas
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
I did this today, and had to go back to the Blizz UI.

Maybe I've been using nUI for so long that I missed it, but it looked like an entirely new UI style for this scenario to me.

09-16-13, 02:07 PM   #3
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Yeah, the new action bars are very different. It's probably a variant on the fair/argent tourney etc.

09-18-13, 05:36 PM   #4
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Have we found a fix for this yet?

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

09-19-13, 01:35 AM   #5
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
I haven't stumbled across the quest starter yet with my multi chef toon.

09-19-13, 02:40 AM   #6
Wetxius
A Murloc Raider
http://www.wowhead.com/quest=33018
First quest in Timeless Isle. Scenario on 8th quest and then open daily scenario quest. Problem with bar, that buttons show some time after bar changed to vehicle ui. I tested it on my ui, and not find any solution. (exept of reload ui, it shows buttons)

09-19-13, 02:51 PM   #7
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Thanks, I'll check my chef out and see if she's done all the cooking quests properly. I thought I had and was almost maxed on all of them but will see.

09-19-13, 05:51 PM   #8
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Hmm, gonna be a long time getting this tested .. sat waiting for the sign to spawn for 3 hrs almost and a no show .. I go passed that rubble several times a night on multiple toons and have yet to see the quest item.

If someone that has already seen got this quest chain can take a screenshot of a non nUI screen with what happens and then a screenshot with how nUI shows it to give us an idea of what could be happening ...

09-19-13, 06:38 PM   #9
crazzzzi
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

there is no timer on the sign, if you can't see it you aren't elligible for the quest, you have to know the first recipe in all the ways. i will try and get screenshots for you, my body decided to get a nasty headcold 2 days before vacation week, sigh.

Last edited by crazzzzi : 09-19-13 at 06:43 PM.

09-20-13, 12:35 AM   #10
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
That's the problem, the character I was sitting at that location with is 600/600 with every way learnt with at least 2 recipes on 2 of the ways. On that thread you linked people were posting that had picked up the quest that had no cooking at all and people that had maxed cooking in every way could still not see it. Perhaps you have to do so many quests on the island itself first.

09-20-13, 01:15 AM   #11
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
*whistles* guess they added way of the steamer a bit later in the expansion.. she hadn't even started that one.

Okay, once I got the first 2 recipes of the steamer way it appeared... rofl ... on the quest chain now but have to get ready for work so cant do anymore until later. hopefully no dungeons or scenarios to do otherwise I won't be doing the chain rofl

Last edited by Xrystal : 09-20-13 at 01:25 AM.

09-20-13, 11:32 AM   #12
Daveo77
Premium Member

Premium Member
There is one dungeon run required but it can be done on either Normal or Heroic. It is Stormstout Brewery, collecting Sploshes of Beer from the Alementals. 20 needed and they drop from all Alementals in instance.

09-20-13, 11:51 AM   #13
Belechannas
Originally Posted by Daveo77 View Post
There is one dungeon run required but it can be done on either Normal or Heroic. It is Stormstout Brewery, collecting Sploshes of Beer from the Alementals. 20 needed and they drop from all Alementals in instance.
Actually two dungeon runs - you also need a drop + quest boss in Temple of Jade Serpent.

And @Xrystal, Way of the Steamer has been there since day one; your cook is just a slacker...

09-20-13, 02:57 PM   #14
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
darn, I hardly do dungeon runs, and never on that character .. oh well .. the quests will have to sit there until I just happen to go in one with her with my guildies.

As to way of the steamer .. guess I ran out of money/food/time to get that one rofl .. I apologise for that toons slackness but it probably coincided with the short time we were doing dungeon runs regularly with the guild.

09-20-13, 04:44 PM   #15
Daveo77
Premium Member

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Belechannas View Post
Actually two dungeon runs - you also need a drop + quest boss in Temple of Jade Serpent.
Ah yes. Kill the final boss (Sha) then hand in at object on left wall, then pick up next quest, then kill a lvl 90 add on the balcony behind Sha. Can be also done on Normal or Heroic.

09-20-13, 05:42 PM   #16
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
fortunately this is my warlock so seeing if I can solo the normal dungeon once I beefed up her gear a lil more from the island .. currently at 461 iLevel in demo spec

09-21-13, 01:42 AM   #17
Belechannas
Originally Posted by Xrystal View Post
fortunately this is my warlock so seeing if I can solo the normal dungeon once I beefed up her gear a lil more from the island .. currently at 461 iLevel in demo spec
Not 100% sure about soloing the whole dungeon at 90, but a lock can probably solo the quest boss with a tanking pet. There is one fairly deadly mechanic that might kill you.

You could also just queue for the normal, specific dungeon and try to convince at least one or two people to stay for the quest boss.

09-21-13, 05:24 AM   #18
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
I don't run dungeons with non guildies, so I've dropped hints that I'd like some assistance with this if my warlock can't solo the regular instance.

Oh well, couldn't fight boss no 2 .. random enemy attack with 1 player enemy meant I got blasted everytime .. looks like I'll have to scout around and see if others have stumbled across the solution to this problem and see if I can see what needs to be changed in nUI for it to work there.

Last edited by Xrystal : 09-22-13 at 12:12 PM.

09-23-13, 01:14 AM   #19
OromisGlaedr
A Defias Bandit
Doing the Noodle Shop quest in nui6 has none of the proper icons show up. It shows a blank action bar, no icons or numbers or anything, but everything else is okay. Same thing with the new raids. For the few things that require it, an extra action button just does not show up in nui6.

09-23-13, 07:57 AM   #20
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Yeah... I'm sure both versions are suffering from the same problem. I'm hoping Xrystal can sort it out in nUI5 soon. In the meantime, I'm grinding to get a toon to where I can test when I have time to play.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Bug Reports » bug with new cooking quest