10-16-07, 11:35 AM   #1
Excelis
A Murloc Raider
Editing the default keybindings

I've read around and can't seem to spot an actual answer to my question. What I would like is to alter a few of the default Mage keybindings so that each time I Mazzlefy I don't have to go into the keybindings and reconfigure for my preferred set-up. In a nut shell, I use ESDF to drive instead of the WASD and I want to change those and the W and R instead of the Q and E for strafe keys. I want to "hardcode" these changes into Mazzle so I don't have to re-do it every time.
10-16-07, 11:39 AM   #2
Rabscuttle of Executus
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Does mazzification change the WASD key bindings? I would have thought it would only effect the action bar key bindings...
10-16-07, 02:20 PM   #3
Alkar
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

I think he wants the mazzification process to change the keys to different ones. he doesnt use wsad to move so he would like to hard code the keybindings in to mazzle so when he mazzifies it changes the keys to the ones he wants
10-16-07, 02:51 PM   #4
Excelis
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Alkar
I think he wants the mazzification process to change the keys to different ones. he doesnt use wsad to move so he would like to hard code the keybindings in to mazzle so when he mazzifies it changes the keys to the ones he wants
This is correct.
10-16-07, 03:06 PM   #5
Phanes
A Fallenroot Satyr
The only configurations I know how to save are in /bongos, where you can save your profile. The standard movement, chat, targeting keys, etc, have to be saved as a file in your WTF folder, but I have no clue where.

However, unless you're deleting your WTF folder, remazzifying shouldn't mess up your key config. There might be another problem at hand. Not at home, so can't check what file might store your character info.
10-16-07, 03:17 PM   #6
ganders
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
To do this you'd have to go into Mazzifer_Layouts.lua and Mazzifier_Bindings.lua and change the settings in there. Be warned, if you don't know what you're doing you could mess up Mazzle and open up a whole new can of worms (inside your BugSack).
10-16-07, 09:42 PM   #7
Rabscuttle of Executus
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

I just don't get what mazzifying should have to do with whatever keys you map for movement. Go into the default blizzard key bindings page and change wasd to whatver you want and mazzify as many times as you want and it wont change back.

Maybe I just don't get the idea...
10-16-07, 11:20 PM   #8
obsidianblack
A Cobalt Mageweaver

whenever you remazzify, and you A) do a full mazzification or B) remaziffy keybindings and button layouts ALL keybindings are returned to their default state. Including the default blizzard movement keys. Except of course for the keybindings specific to mazzleui.
10-17-07, 12:01 AM   #9
Rabscuttle of Executus
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by obsidianblack
whenever you remazzify, and you A) do a full mazzification or B) remaziffy keybindings and button layouts ALL keybindings are returned to their default state. Including the default blizzard movement keys. Except of course for the keybindings specific to mazzleui.
I never messed around much with the keybindings so I guess I forgot about these facts.
10-17-07, 08:12 AM   #10
obsidianblack
A Cobalt Mageweaver

i had to learn that the hard way. I have certain mouse buttons set for different movement options, and I'm always hiving to reset them because of this. That's the only reason i ever came across this issue.
10-17-07, 08:22 AM   #11
Excelis
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by ganders
To do this you'd have to go into Mazzifer_Layouts.lua and Mazzifier_Bindings.lua and change the settings in there. Be warned, if you don't know what you're doing you could mess up Mazzle and open up a whole new can of worms (inside your BugSack).
Thanks. That's a step in the right direction. And to be frank, I DON'T know what I'm doing but I'm going to do something anyway. Trial and error is the only way to fly.
10-17-07, 08:35 AM   #12
Rabscuttle of Executus
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

just make backups of whatever file you are gonna mess around with
10-17-07, 01:48 PM   #13
fyrye
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

also take note, that it is set up to automatically check for the key bindings you already have set before binding a new key to that function.
Though it should be as simple as changing the keys as it shows in the list.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Editing the default keybindings